Irvine Company Apartment Communities

Updated December 12, 2014
3.2

Irvine Company Apartment Communities President Kevin Baldridge
Kevin Baldridge

Pros
  • Flexible Hours, enjoyed working with potential and existing residents, good pay plus commission (in 3 reviews)

• 25% discount on rent in a beautiful property (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • ICAC is going through MAJOR changing and senior management is not being transparent about anything (in 7 reviews)

• Poor work/life balance for on-site employees (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great!

I have been working at Irvine Company Apartment Communities

Pros

Forward thinking company! Nice product

Cons

Cliques and favoritism are common

Too many changes at once. No loyalty to their employees. Regional managers have no idea what they are doing.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company Apartment Communities

Pros

Luxury communities. Products sells itself.

Cons

horrible upper management. Half of the employee benefits were taken away.

This company seeks the best candidates in property management, why are you pushing them away? Why has the corporate greed taken over

Short term employment through staffing agency

Former Employee - Leasing Administrator in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Administrator in Irvine, CA

I worked at Irvine Company Apartment Communities as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very large company and reputable.

Cons

Very political. Work life balance is not good

Amazing growing company but upper managment not intouch with employees

I worked at Irvine Company Apartment Communities full-time

Pros

great training, beautiful properties to work at, great job stability, advanced techologicaly

Cons

no sense of comrodery, insufficent pay,

Great Job, Pay Could Be Better

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company Apartment Communities full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-easy hours 9-6
    -friendly atmosphere
    -room to grow

Cons

-The newer employees at the apartment communities are given ZERO rent discount while old icac employees get 25% off rent. To be fair the newer employees should get a bump in hourly to even things out… it's a little sad that their own employees can't even afford to live in the communities.

Bring the rent discount back or bump pay for new employees to make it fair

Exciting wave of change!

I have been working at Irvine Company Apartment Communities full-time

Pros

It is an exciting time. The company is embarking on change which is a good thing. Prior to me working for Irvine Company, they had a reputation of having beautiful product, but stagnated management. I experienced this until very recently. The culture is empowering and the leadership is doing what they can to keep their finger on the pulse of the work culture environment.Their benefits are competitive, the product they offer also includes a much desired lifestyle. This completes the package quite well for the discerning customer. The changes...they are a coming and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Cons

Growing pains that come with change. Leadership says and promotes one thing and some employees translate it into another which causes a false and self inflicted fear. If employees would just pace themselves and be realistic about the changes it would make the transition a lot easier to go through. I don't need housing, but it seems that the buzz in the field is the discontinued offering of housing discounts. I have had trouble encouraging great talent to apply because of the lack of housing discounts. They have opted to accept jobs with other PM companies because the housing discount and slightly lower salary is more desirable than the top tier salary that ICAC offers but no housing discount.

Keep listening to the field, those closest to your customers. Continue to communicate and be as transparent as possible. Consider re-instating some form of housing discount that will make your benefit package more complete. This will allow more talent to consider applying. Your previous package was quite generous, in order to be fair to the company and employees, study the market to see what other PM companies are offering in the way of housing. Just stay competitive, you don't have to beat the competition by offering more for employee housing/ discounts, but do offer something. Your current benefit package is quite complete, but within our industry, offering some type of housing for all divisions will keep you in the game of attracting more talent to apply.

People Service Focus

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Irvine Company Apartment Communities full-time

Pros

I enjoy serving others and this was the reason I enjoyed IAC - they really do elevate the customer and hold their needs high. Training was also a very high commitment to this company. I really valued the training I received.

Cons

It's difficult at times to obtain promotions. But, it's not the company culture, it was the limited supply of opportunities in the San Jose regional area.

Senior executive leadership will throw you under the bus!

Current Employee - Decline to State in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Irvine Company Apartment Communities full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very strong middle/top managers who work hard and try to do what's right. Good pay.

Cons

Executive leaders demand that employees not ask questions and follow their directions implicitly. When owner doesn't like the result, executive management blames the underlings, often firing them for doing exactly what they were told.

Ninth Floor Executive Management Team takes credit for what goes right but blames underlings for what goes wrong, despite the outcome being a direct result of Ninth Floor Executive Management's poor direction and judgement. Underlings who ask valid and critical questions are often fired. Exec Management needs to own own failures instead of blaming the people who have no voice and are given no choice in what they are TOLD to do. No one will say a word because speaking up results in being shown the door. The culture of the company is totally fear based.

I love where I work!

I have been working at Irvine Company Apartment Communities full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After 3 years with the Apartment division, I transitioned into a corporate role. I love how Irvine Company offers diversity for career paths. I have now been a part of corporate for about a year and have nothing but wonderful things to say about this company. The Apartments division is so innovative and offers a company culture you can’t find anywhere else.

Cons

Not really a Con - change is constant, but it really is what attributes to the success of the company.

You're more of a number than a person

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

Very large company, reputable, they used to give discounts on rent but recently removed that program, tuition reimbursement was great; $10K a year for certain programs. All other property Management company's will pick you up in a heart beat if you have worked for Irvine Company.

Cons

Very Political, they don't reward high achievers, promotions are given based on who you know not who is best for the position, What have you done for me lately is the culture.