Irvine Pharmaceutical Services

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014

2.1

Assad Kazeminy

Don't believe everything you read.

Current Employee - Chemist  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Chemist in Irvine, CA

Pros

The work environment. I love my coworkers. There's a great sense of comradery. We have each others backs and there's no worry of drama or politics.
    We deal with work for small startups to big pharma so the range of experience you gain working on various programs at all sorts of stages in development is great for your personal growth.

Cons

I haven't seen ants or roaches in my workspace so not sure what that's about but definitely there's a disconnect between the amount of work we are asked to complete and the total revenues reported to us by management. There have been changes in accounting so maybe this is the cause.

Also all the complaints about the boss' family are ludicrous to me. His daughters for instance are the hardest working people that I have seen at the company, putting in long hours and trying to take care of the business as people would in a family owned company.

Formalize plans for accountability (rewards/bonus system). The more you compensate your employees for hard work the better it will be for everyone.

Employees Beware!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Most of the time the paychecks don't bounce, so maybe you'll have enough to buy food, but not much more than that.

Cons

Unethical, dishonest, and discriminatory practices. Unhealthy and unsafe environment. People are overworked, underpaid, unhappy, and there's too much yelling!

Go back to Iran.

Dante would have had to add more levels of hell to Inferno before arriving at IPS.

Current Employee - Chemist  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Chemist in Irvine, CA

Pros

There is a paycheck, however substandard.
    There are medical benefits, but rather high copays.
    There are some good people there, but most are looking for other jobs.

Cons

Lowwww substandard pay which fosters a very high turnover rate. If you've been there over six months, then you are a long-term employee.
    Extreme nepotism: all of the owner's daughters "work" there... as do their husbands.
    HR is useless... They, I mean that person, does not care about the well-being of the employees... Only her relatives who "work" there.
    Hostile environment.
    Unsafe workplace conditions.
    Executive management dishonest to clients.
    Executive management tries to intimidate employees into submission.

Employees are not yours to abuse: treat them with respect.
    Stop speaking your Farsi/Persian/Iranian or whatever language from India in front of others who do not understand the language. Do I need to explain why?
    Take a few classes at the local community college: Business 101, Ethics 101 to start off...Business Ethics...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low morale, low pay and high stress

Pros

if you are fresh graduate and trying to get your foot in the industry and leave for better, then this is the place to work.

Cons

Smelly place, full of bugs, roaches and ants.

Increase the pay of employees, start taking care of employees. CEO- listen and take care of your employees and not just yourself and your family members who work there.

My only regret is that I accepted their employment offer.

Pros

Short commute for me. Minimal supervision, which is fine for a self-motivated individual. Well below industry wage, but money is not my primary concern (obviously since I'm still working here).

Cons

Extreme nepotism. Incredibly unequal employment practices. Absolutely not equal opportunity. No path to realize any professional growth or career development. The annual review process is sporatic at best and not uniformly applied. No management accountability (at all levels). No consequences for anybody ignoring company policies. Few tools provided to perform up to potential. No financial or emotional reward system in place. No published job descriptions. No published organizational charts. Inside positions are filled without being posted to the workforce, and usually to people "on the inside" (like friends or relatives of the owner). Suppliers routinely aren't paid until they withhold raw materials. This operation gives Persians a bad name.

Concede defeat and sell to a buyer interested in becoming a proud and profitable organization. The potential is there under competent management.

Good for start up

Current Employee - Scentist  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Scentist in Irvine, CA

Pros

flexible schedule, good work load, great experience for new graduates

Cons

no reward system, outdated instrument, lack of proper management

Start value employees, everyone in the company are financially 10-20% less paid than average industry. people won't feel the ownership unless they feel valued.

The Hindenburg has nothing on IPS...

Pros

- You get a paycheck
    - Benefits will get you by, but they are far from great
    - Some of the people aren't too bad

Cons

- Senior management has little scientific knowledge and no clue how to operate a contract lab. They take on too many contracts and then get upset when the work isn't finished on time
    - Outdated machinery
    - Not enough space! The company packs people in like sardines. There are many small offices meant for one person filled with 3+ desks.
    - Revolving door policy (50% annual turnover rate)
    - Don't care about employees
    - I can fill up a phone book with cons! I'll stop now

Stay away! Go somewhere else unless you love trainwrecks!

Find a magic lamp and make a wish that the company will be profitable. You obviously can't do it with your own skill sets!

What a Dump

Pros

They lure you in with their numerous job openings due to high turnover and then the nightmare begins once you enter pass the lobby front door entrance.

Cons

Family owned and operated who gut you with their middle eastern culture. NO business savvy or sense of accountability.

Close the place down.

Decent balance of work/life

Pros

See the above review title

Cons

Not much room to grow.

Great for Gaining Experience

Current Employee - Chemist III  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Chemist III in Irvine, CA

Pros

I made great friends and got to perform a variety of tests. I wasn't expecting the opportunity for so much hands on work coming straight out of school but was happy with how much I learned.

Cons

We have an influx of new people so parking is limited. It's got me to carpool though.

Ease up on purchasing. There are so many levels of approval that it can slow us down in the lab,

Worked for Irvine Pharmaceutical Services? Contribute to the Community!