Irvine Pharmaceutical Services

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
2.0

Assad Kazeminy

Don't believe everything you read.

Current Employee - Chemist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Pharmaceutical Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work environment. I love my coworkers. There's a great sense of comradery. We have each others backs and there's no worry of drama or politics.
    We deal with work for small startups to big pharma so the range of experience you gain working on various programs at all sorts of stages in development is great for your personal growth.

Cons

I haven't seen ants or roaches in my workspace so not sure what that's about but definitely there's a disconnect between the amount of work we are asked to complete and the total revenues reported to us by management. There have been changes in accounting so maybe this is the cause.

Also all the complaints about the boss' family are ludicrous to me. His daughters for instance are the hardest working people that I have seen at the company, putting in long hours and trying to take care of the business as people would in a family owned company.

Formalize plans for accountability (rewards/bonus system). The more you compensate your employees for hard work the better it will be for everyone.

Keep Looking, Don't Settle for the bottom of the barrel

Current Employee - Chemist II in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Chemist II in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Irvine Pharmaceutical Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people doing the work are great and have one thing in common: they all hate their job

Cons

This place has a very high turnover for a reason. Don't be tricked when you ask why there are many positions open. It's not cause they are growing. It is because people leave due to hostile work environment, angry cheap owner, and unsafe labs.

Pay the people what they are worth. Take criticism and grow from it. Stop yelling at the awesome hard working people that you have and appreciate them. Smile more and stop being controlling dictators. Put a water fountain near the work stations so that the workers can stay hydrated. Listen to safety concerns. The middle eastern mentality has to go away. Consider promoting non-Iranians. Stop speaking Farsi all day long. Get rid of the dead weight, even if they are long time family members. Those are the ones that are bleeding you dry.

Employees Beware!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Most of the time the paychecks don't bounce, so maybe you'll have enough to buy food, but not much more than that.

Cons

Unethical, dishonest, and discriminatory practices. Unhealthy and unsafe environment. People are overworked, underpaid, unhappy, and there's too much yelling!

Go back to Iran.

Dante would have had to add more levels of hell to Inferno before arriving at IPS.

Current Employee - Chemist in Irvine, CA

Pros

There is a paycheck, however substandard.
    There are medical benefits, but rather high copays.
    There are some good people there, but most are looking for other jobs.

Cons

Lowwww substandard pay which fosters a very high turnover rate. If you've been there over six months, then you are a long-term employee.
    Extreme nepotism: all of the owner's daughters "work" there... as do their husbands.
    HR is useless... They, I mean that person, does not care about the well-being of the employees... Only her relatives who "work" there.
    Hostile environment.
    Unsafe workplace conditions.
    Executive management dishonest to clients.
    Executive management tries to intimidate employees into submission.

Employees are not yours to abuse: treat them with respect.
    Stop speaking your Farsi/Persian/Iranian or whatever language from India in front of others who do not understand the language. Do I need to explain why?
    Take a few classes at the local community college: Business 101, Ethics 101 to start off...Business Ethics...

My only regret is that I accepted their employment offer.

I have been working at Irvine Pharmaceutical Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Short commute for me. Minimal supervision, which is fine for a self-motivated individual. Well below industry wage, but money is not my primary concern (obviously since I'm still working here).

Cons

Extreme nepotism. Incredibly unequal employment practices. Absolutely not equal opportunity. No path to realize any professional growth or career development. The annual review process is sporatic at best and not uniformly applied. No management accountability (at all levels). No consequences for anybody ignoring company policies. Few tools provided to perform up to potential. No financial or emotional reward system in place. No published job descriptions. No published organizational charts. Inside positions are filled without being posted to the workforce, and usually to people "on the inside" (like friends or relatives of the owner). Suppliers routinely aren't paid until they withhold raw materials. This operation gives Persians a bad name.

Concede defeat and sell to a buyer interested in becoming a proud and profitable organization. The potential is there under competent management.

Low morale, low pay and high stress

I worked at Irvine Pharmaceutical Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

if you are fresh graduate and trying to get your foot in the industry and leave for better, then this is the place to work.

Cons

Smelly place, full of bugs, roaches and ants.

Increase the pay of employees, start taking care of employees. CEO- listen and take care of your employees and not just yourself and your family members who work there.

Good for start up

Current Employee - Scentist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Scentist in Irvine, CA

Pros

flexible schedule, good work load, great experience for new graduates

Cons

no reward system, outdated instrument, lack of proper management

Start value employees, everyone in the company are financially 10-20% less paid than average industry. people won't feel the ownership unless they feel valued.

The Hindenburg has nothing on IPS...

I worked at Irvine Pharmaceutical Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- You get a paycheck
    - Benefits will get you by, but they are far from great
    - Some of the people aren't too bad

Cons

- Senior management has little scientific knowledge and no clue how to operate a contract lab. They take on too many contracts and then get upset when the work isn't finished on time
    - Outdated machinery
    - Not enough space! The company packs people in like sardines. There are many small offices meant for one person filled with 3+ desks.
    - Revolving door policy (50% annual turnover rate)
    - Don't care about employees
    - I can fill up a phone book with cons! I'll stop now

Stay away! Go somewhere else unless you love trainwrecks!

Find a magic lamp and make a wish that the company will be profitable. You obviously can't do it with your own skill sets!

What a Dump

I worked at Irvine Pharmaceutical Services

Pros

They lure you in with their numerous job openings due to high turnover and then the nightmare begins once you enter pass the lobby front door entrance.

Cons

Family owned and operated who gut you with their middle eastern culture. NO business savvy or sense of accountability.

Close the place down.

Decent balance of work/life

I worked at Irvine Pharmaceutical Services

Pros

See the above review title

Cons

Not much room to grow.