Isgn

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ritesh Idnani

Paid very well in comparison to industry average.

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee)
    Remote, OR

ProsWorking remote was a great opportunity.

ConsUpper Management was disconnected with the daily workload and production requirements and would make unilateral decisions without consulting the people that are actually doing the job, thereby creating a frustrating and inefficient system.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people that are actually doing the job and value their feedback!

Huge opportunity to learn in Mortgage banking domain

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible, Huge oppurtunity to learn, onsite experience, Good for freshers

ConsIsolated when onsite. Management does not have regular meetings.....

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the employee concern and frequent discussion with employee is needed. Policy has to be streamlined

Very difficult to work for

Loan Processor (Former Employee)
    Rocky Hill, CT

ProsGreat co-workers...benefits were above average

ConsVery demanding...poor management...constant micro management

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn better people skills

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Forgetable

Closing Associate (Former Employee)
    Rocky Hill, CT

ProsNot much. Hired as a Temp, laid off as Full Time. You need to be able to hold your own ground and not succumb to unenforceable management pressure/demands. Know your rights!

ConsPay, attempts at forced OT, lack of training, all levels of management, lack of respect, no career advancement, too concerned with ISO certifications instead of truly investing in employees, warehouse-like facilities, circus-like/grade-school atmosphere, zero work/life balance, no 401k match or profit sharing, all US jobs eventually go off shore . The list can go on...

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch other company visions, cultures, and apply it within.

Chaos, not customer centric, inexperienced Senior Mgmt.,

ProsNice staff, training has improved, Communication has gotten better but very controlled. It's a job, but NOT a career for most people that work here.

ConsTerrible turnover at all levels. Not the most ethical company, and all decisions are made by people in India that don't seem to understand the mortgage industry nor the US Market. Turnover in management, staff and sales people seems to continue to hold the company back. They offshore everything possible to reduce costs and it doesn't really get reflected in pricing to the customer. Depressing atmosphere with most facilities being low end, and mostly empty. Not sure about the places in India. Benefits are okay, but -0- match on 401K.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't know what to suggest. They say one thing and do another. Compensation is average from what I know about competitors. There is no job security and the Indians talk down to people onshore and this adds to the lack of job satisfaction. Being customer centric is not lived. They talk about customer delight but it's not genuine. We treated clients poorly and it was at the direction of people in senior ops and exec management. Culture is a real problem at ISGN. Look for someone that likes the company and you'll have to keep on looking. I'm hoping to find something else and several others are looking too. It is a constant theme here, churning through people. My suggestion is to pay attention to what people with experience tell you instead of trying to apply Indian ways in the US. Get a matching 401k contribution too.

Do not recommend

Processor (Current Employee)

Prosgood learning opportunities are provided, provides new responsibilities and good exposure in dealing and talking to clients IF you are on a project.

ConsCompensates way below industry standards since they are located in FL, employment is dependent on market fluctuations therefore lack of job security, do not retain talent, lack of career growth, poor outlook

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are assets not liabilities.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lacking value of their employees

Processor (Former Employee)
    Rocky Hill, CT

ProsReally not much to offer in the U.S.

ConsWas more focused on cost and labor savings in U.S. than focusing on how to retain and grow the business it had. Pay freezes or reductions in U.S. many layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to learn from business lost. Only negative comes from a negative environment. Do some research on those companies that make the best places to work.

Employee caution

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee)
    Melbourne, FL

ProsAble to work from home, and the equipment is provided. No issues with paychecks or available medical which was good! Was able to bond with many of the other underwriters and made new friends. There were times when I felt treated fairly and well compensated. Several of my direct managers were great....

ConsWorked for ISGN several times in a mortgage underwriter capacity. They do not know what the work entails, and made unrealistic expectations of their employees.. However, this is NOT unusual in this market. When the client was attempting to get out of contract, they targeted certain employees, and ISGN did not support you. In fact the compounded the insult by agreeing with the client. Terms of my employment such as compensation was changed .. i.e. due to the fact they lost a lawsuit on overtime, they reduced the underwriters salary, then imposed "goals" to get you back up to your normal salary. Then they took away all overtime as they didn't want to pay. This type of management comes from way up. This company needs to remember this is the US, not India.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees. Listen to your employees. Learn what services you are performing and understand time and integrity takes to do the job correctly. Keep your clients under control, they use you.

Internship

Mortgage Processor (Former Employee)
    Rocky Hill, CT

ProsI was provided the opportunity to process loans.

ConsWe have an offshore group we work with. If they don't know how to help you, they will ignore you. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. They hire all of these higher ups, but don't want to pay the underlings. I'm surprised they haven't been sued for their practices. Thy his company will close it's doors soon. There is no training. They show you a few screens and wish you luck. Underwriters lie to borrowers saying there are no closing costs. Yes there are, we just add it to the loan and hope you won't notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is not India. Shape up or ship out all the way to India. Be way of the way you treat your employees, they know what you do.

HORRIBLE

Proofer (Former Employee)
    West Melbourne, FL

ProsThe people in the U.S. onshore offices

ConsWe worked our butts off and were made to train offshore India employees and then had massive layoffs and office closings in U.S.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou moved corporate offices to Florida because "Labor is cheaper in Florida"...you need to employ more U.S. workers and improve the quality of your work......and get a clue as to the business.....You bought out FISERV and then raped the knowledge, experience of the U.S. employees to train the India employees and then threw the U.S. employees out!

Worked for Isgn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Isgn reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Isgn CEO Ritesh Idnani. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Isgn employees.