Isle of Capri Casinos

Isle of Capri Casinos CEO Virginia McDowell

Virginia McDowell

Good expierence

Slot Technician (Current Employee) Boonville, MO

ProsEveryone is friendly, management is nice and involved usually, can be promoted at your speed by applying.

ConsHave to work holidays, weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do.

I am empowered to do my job and there is tremendous support from property management.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Lake Charles, LA

ProsThe environment and support from the leadership team makes it easy for me to stay at my job. I am encouraged to learn new skills and coached respectfully when everything doesn't go right.

ConsCorporate team doesn't seem in tune with certain property needs. It doesn't appear that thorough reviews of market is done before decisions are made.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to people that know the market or consult with experts prior to major decisions to ensure success of certain properties.

The Marketing Coordinator position is fun, creative and exciting!

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Vicksburg, MS

ProsThe culture is great. Mostly everyone is friendly. The office culture is very relaxed, this allows you to get work done.

ConsPeople are very friendly, but they all work together. Its hard to get a promotion, people hire who they want to based on friends or friend of a friend. I have a MBA and could not get the position of MKT Manager. However, they spent money to hire someone from out of town who did not know how to do the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease learn to promote from within. Why invest in someone, and keep them in the same spot. You should your employees to advance and learn, all while contributing to your company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sous chef

Sous Chef (Former Employee) Waterloo, IA

Prosfree health clinic, great learning experience

Conspoor upper management, inappropriate business practices, unethical activities within the food and beverage industry

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate accountability for food and beverage management.

this is a great environment to be a part of

Cleaner (Former Employee) Pompano Beach, FL

Proseveryone is so friendly and fun to be around

Conscan improve on taking care of the dedicated, loyal and hardworking individuals

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Do NOT work for this company (Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk, CO)...EVER!!!!!!

Guest Safety Agent (Former Employee) Black Hawk, CO

ProsMost coworkers are good decent people (you still have to watch out for who you can trust though), & you get a paycheck.

ConsIncompetent & worthless micro-managing supervision in nearly all ranks from top to bottom from the corporation on down, little to no room for promotion, almost every decision based on financial budgeting is horrendously cheap, there is practically no prioritization that makes sense (one of the latest additions is their new promotional sticker that was placed in the center of the carpet at the bottom of the escalator entrance as opposed to replacing carpet that is FADED, WORN & THREADBARE) and not to mention the sheer lack of customer service! Employees who don't kiss up to management are marginalized and treated like dog waste on a daily basis!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTitles & company roles do not qualify you to be a better person than your subordinates! You personality traits and quality of character make you who you are. Start implementing and maintaing some integrity and actually set an example others can follow by including them in the leadership process! The hostility from mamagement towards employees is pathetic and detrimental more to your organization than you realize.

A great place to learn diversity.

Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) Westlake, LA

ProsMeeting diverse people. Learning to multitask. Becoming good with problem solving.

ConsGuaranteed to work holidays. Pay is not that well. Access to certain parts is restricted.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to listen to the grave employees.

Bad, management does not care they just want their tattlers

Surveillance Operator (Current Employee)

ProsA regular paycheck, at least they have not started charging for employee parking yet. Open door policy but there is no one behind the door when you walk in.

ConsAnything they can take away they will. We used to get discounted meals and they have see to that going away. Employees if they need to take an emergency break, have to leave the floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementPry open the wallets and give us a few benefits,

Comfortable workplace with good benefits. Executive management is strong strategically and operationally.

ProsExecutive management is strong strategically, making the most with the resources available to the company. Operationally, management is also strong, with a ton of experience in regional, riverboat gaming.

ConsDying sector, poor assets in poor areas. Between future online gaming and increasing bricks and mortar competition, there is little room left for growth in the industry. Though potential exists to consolidate with other operators.

A nice place to work, but the future seems shaky.

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) Lake Charles, LA

ProsTheir benefits package is pretty nice. Most HR services can be done from computers accessible from the breakroom.

ConsHigh management turnover leads a lot of quickly changing business plans. It feels like we're going back and forth often.

Worked for Isle of Capri Casinos? Contribute to the Community!