Istonish

3.8

Annette Quintana

Wonderful Company to Work For

I worked at Istonish

Pros

Great company culture
    Friendly coworkers
    Close-knit environment
    Nice office
    Employee retention is high
    Flexible work schedule
    Overall great working environment

Cons

Istonish is a great company to work for. Every job is going to have standard pros and cons - the pros far outweigh the cons at Istonish!

Plan more company engagements and team building activities.

Istonish, Inc.

Current Employee - Third Party Verification in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Third Party Verification in Denver, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Small, intimate company environment
    Extremely nice office space
    Competitive pay
    Wonderful coworkers, mostly wonderful executive team
    Time for external projects/studying

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement.
    Recent (~2-3 months) TPV manager does not understand the TPV process whatsoever, and has undermined the entire point (remaining unbiased) on multiple occasions.
    Said manager is often unprofessional and non-communicative.

Do the opposite of what is outlined above.

Worst career move I've ever made.

Former Employee - Manager in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Istonish full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In spite of the culture, and their reputation, they have managed to get some good people in the organization. Those people do care about their customers and they work hard to do what they can with the limited resources that are available to them.

Cons

They have a shared leadership model with little to no continuity between the two owners of the company. The overriding management philosophy is based on mistrust and micromanagement. Turn over is high. Moral is low. The company has relied on providing low tech, niche services to a small and shrinking customer base. They market themselves as being a relevant and credible IT services company, but in reality are primarily engaged in providing the same third party verification services and staffing services they've been known for since they started.

They also have a history of urging their managers to encourage employees to post good reviews on this site early in their employment. I, unfortunately, participated in that practice during my brief time with the company, and have regretted it since. There will likely be one or more bogus reviews posted within a few days of this post, as they actively manage the overall review rating of this site by following up any bad reviews with 4 and 5 star reviews as soon as they see a bad review.

Fire yourselves and get a real exec team in place, or sell the company while it's still worth something.

Istonish Response

Oct 18, 2013VP Marketing

It is a priority at Istonish to hire great people that are committed to excellence in service. While this goal is at the top of mind, there are times when there is not a good mutual fit. In ... More

A fun place to work that can provide some good opportunities.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people at Istonish make the company. They make it a fun and enjoyable place to work, and there are some really talented and stellar people that work here. Istonish tries hard to keep their employees happy and reward those who work hard and put forth a good effort. In many areas of the business, the experience that Istonish can provide can be invaluable for gaining a foothold in the tech industry. The small business feel of the company helps to make you feel more like a family.

Cons

The workload can be pretty hefty at times. The downside of a small company is that you have to wear many hats, and you also have to pick up a lot of slack from coworkers who don't try as hard. In fact, sometimes I'm hindered because I feel like if I don't do things myself, they won't get done right. This does not foster a good atmosphere of teamwork and can place a heavier load on some folks.

My advice is to limit micromanagement. Each line of business has its rockstars - the people who get stuff done. Loosen the reigns on them and let them manage themselves so that they can do what they do best, in the best interests of the company. Also, please continue to empower and encourage sales staff. Do not underestimate their value, but push them to go out and do their jobs.

tpv

Current Employee - Tpv Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Tpv Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really like working for Istonish. I feel that the company allows me to work at my full potential. I feel that I have a great job.

Cons

I dont have any negative comments.

Great privately held organization

I have been working at Istonish full-time

Pros

Excellent work envireonment, and they treat their employees as true assets. Their building is right next to the Light Rail station, and they have an free gym in the building.

Cons

Company has the same type of growing pains as any other small high tech company

Small company with good benefits.

Current Employee - TPV AGENT in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - TPV AGENT in Denver, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Flexible Schedule
    Qualified HR employees

Cons

Lack support to retain long term (good) employees
    No structure
    Policy/Procedure is written/not followed
    Mgr lacks professionalism and work ethic
    Inconsistent training and instruction

Make employees and manager more accountable. Restructure and provide a bonus that is earned not expected. Reward the employees who continually meet or exceed expectations. Provide on-going support to the employees and (MGR) who are not meeting minimum expectations.

Great time to be a part of this organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is in a growth mode. They survived the crunch and are well positioned to be a market leader moving forward. I've been with the company since 2011 and have found my role to be challenging and rewarding. There are opportunities for personal and professional growth, and my peers here are some of the brightest I've worked with. This is a great time to be working here.

Cons

The company tends to run lean, which is part of the reason they're doing well now. They need to add resources to support the growth they are experiencing. Efforts are being made to add those resources, but due to limited availabililty of the skills sets needed, this is an ongoing challenge. Still, I would consider this to be a good problem to have.

Some of the greatest companies in the world became great by surviving hard times and coming out the other side financially healthy, and then be willing to take the risks required to become a great company. Become one of those companies.

Great work environment with lots of flexibility

I have been working at Istonish full-time

Pros

Smart people with a passion for what they do. The management team understands the balance between work and personal life. They walk the talk here.

Cons

Lots of new business so people are feeling stretched.

Great integrity, keep growing the company and communicating with the staff

Hard working people providing exceptional service to all our clients!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Istonish works as a team to support the goal of exceeding client expectations. It's a compliment of skills and experience that make working together easy and productive. Everyone has something to contribute. The pace is motivating and the outcomes successful. I'm thrilled to be part of the team.

Cons

We're looking for great professionals to grow our team to be able to accomplish even more.

Keep up the great work!

Istonish Photos

Welcome to Istonish
Our amazing view of the Rockies!
Plaza Tower One - our home on the 17th Fl