Isys Technologies

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014
3.4

Teresa Porter

Outstanding company with a real sense of concern for its employees

Former Employee - Project Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Isys Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are a small company that is not only committed to its customers but to its employees as well. They lead by example and employ some of the very best and brightest.

Cons

They do not have a strong presence in the D.C / Northern VA area.

Stress

I worked at Isys Technologies full-time

Pros

Was a great company at one time

Cons

Employee relations are bad, very stressful. Management will target employees and push them until they quit, even if they have to munulate data to do it.

Very Happy

I have been working at Isys Technologies full-time

Pros

Accountability is big here. I love that! I do not have to worry about others not holding their own and taking care of business. The executives are very supportive of my needs, my training, and have been very patient with me in my training. They do have a flexible work schedule if absolutely have the need. They expect you to work hard but the rewards are great. The CEO, Teresa, truly cares about the employees here. Everyone has been wonderful.

Cons

At this time, I have nothing

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Lafayette, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Lafayette, CO

I worked at Isys Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are a fair and equitable company and they support their employees' personal goals. I'd go to work for ISYS again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Being a contractor is difficult.

I believe that management is doing a good job. They listen to their employees and care about what happens to them, which is wonderful.

Good For Getting Started

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Isys Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The contract I was assigned to was very challenging and fun. I learned a lot of valuable skills and got to see the inside of Gov't contracting from the sub-contractor POV. Benefits were good if you were single.

Cons

Using PTO for "mandatory" company meetings. Little to no contact with Sr Management since I was at customer site. Was asked to provide training materials at my expense, by Sr Management, to the company since they had no training budget. Pretty poor benefits if you have a family.

Don't expect your employees to fund your training resources out of their own pocket.

Sales Manager was difficult to work with and extremely unprofessional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Isys Technologies

Pros

Technicians are good workers and needed support from local office.

Cons

Sales did not mesh with technicians and work as a team. Terrible follow up

Loose Sales

ISYS Management should get back in touch with its employees

I have been working at Isys Technologies

Pros

ISYS keeps the contracts it has so employment stays stable.

Cons

Corporate communication needs to be improved. The growth strategy of the company does not seem to include communication with employees in the field. We struggle to get news and stay appraised of how the company is doing. There are old fashioned ways of doing things in comparison to other companies that work to keep their employees informed and that value their opinions.

ISYS Management needs to embrace communication with employees instead of disregarding the importance of input and feedback into the business.

ISYS Technologies is a bad example of how small business takes advantage of employees

I have been working at Isys Technologies

Pros

ISYS has decent medical benefits. Internal staff are helpful.

Cons

Isys management does not focus on employee welfare. As the company grows, we are not rewarded with training, tuition reimbursement or increased pay like other companies do when they are successful. We are told that cost of living increases can't happen for this or that reason. The company is largely profitable due to all our excellent performance yet we are not rewarded. Each year we are told during the all hands meeting that the company is growing however there are no additional incentives for us. My co-workers all seem to be looking for a new job and they are finding them. Isys management is isolated from the employees in the field, we receive very little corporate communication except when they need our status reports. We were promised that working for a small business would be better, how wrong that turned out to be. I would return to a large business any day of the week.

Start taking your employees seriously and treat them with respect. Empty promises do not work anymore in trying to motivate us. Action speaks louder than words.

Everyone at this company works hard and treats each other with respect

I have been working at Isys Technologies

Pros

Management is involved. Teresa Porter cares about everyone at the company. It is a family environment. I like the team environment and the support I get from my co-workers. My manager is also flexible on my hours if I have a personal obligation as long as I make up the hours.

Cons

Company is growing and sometimes it can be chaotic

Don't get so big that you forget who the employees are. They like having access to senior management.

Strong Industry, Stronger Team

I have been working at Isys Technologies

Pros

Industry - Government contracting and integration is a fantastic field to work in. Job stability and a sense of patriotic contribution.
    Team – The cream rises to the top. The internal team is made up of people who want to see the company succeed. Performers are easily recognizable.

Cons

Jargon – Lots of IT/Software/Military lingo and acronyms. It can be difficult to walk in off the street and understand what’s going on.
    Distance – The internal staff is geographically removed from the onsite employees. It can be difficult to establish a relationship with employees that aren’t on the same program or in the same state.
    Takes time to adjust to both.

Keep effected employees involved in project prioritization.