Isys Technologies

Add Photos

Teresa Porter

Very Happy

I have been working at Isys Technologies full-time

ProsAccountability is big here. I love that! I do not have to worry about others not holding their own and taking care of business. The executives are very supportive of my needs, my training, and have been very patient with me in my training. They do have a flexible work schedule if absolutely have the need. They expect you to work hard but the rewards are great. The CEO, Teresa, truly cares about the employees here. Everyone has been wonderful.

ConsAt this time, I have nothing

Stress

I worked at Isys Technologies full-time

ProsWas a great company at one time

ConsEmployee relations are bad, very stressful. Management will target employees and push them until they quit, even if they have to munulate data to do it.

Good company to work for

Senior Security Analyst (Former Employee)
Lafayette, CO

I worked at Isys Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsThey are a fair and equitable company and they support their employees' personal goals. I'd go to work for ISYS again in a heartbeat.

ConsBeing a contractor is difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that management is doing a good job. They listen to their employees and care about what happens to them, which is wonderful.

Good For Getting Started

I worked at Isys Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsThe contract I was assigned to was very challenging and fun. I learned a lot of valuable skills and got to see the inside of Gov't contracting from the sub-contractor POV. Benefits were good if you were single.

ConsUsing PTO for "mandatory" company meetings. Little to no contact with Sr Management since I was at customer site. Was asked to provide training materials at my expense, by Sr Management, to the company since they had no training budget. Pretty poor benefits if you have a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect your employees to fund your training resources out of their own pocket.

Sales Manager was difficult to work with and extremely unprofessional.

Knoxville, TN

I worked at Isys Technologies

ProsTechnicians are good workers and needed support from local office.

ConsSales did not mesh with technicians and work as a team. Terrible follow up

Advice to Senior ManagementLoose Sales

ISYS Management should get back in touch with its employees

I have been working at Isys Technologies

ProsISYS keeps the contracts it has so employment stays stable.

ConsCorporate communication needs to be improved. The growth strategy of the company does not seem to include communication with employees in the field. We struggle to get news and stay appraised of how the company is doing. There are old fashioned ways of doing things in comparison to other companies that work to keep their employees informed and that value their opinions.

Advice to Senior ManagementISYS Management needs to embrace communication with employees instead of disregarding the importance of input and feedback into the business.

Everyone at this company works hard and treats each other with respect

I have been working at Isys Technologies

ProsManagement is involved. Teresa Porter cares about everyone at the company. It is a family environment. I like the team environment and the support I get from my co-workers. My manager is also flexible on my hours if I have a personal obligation as long as I make up the hours.

ConsCompany is growing and sometimes it can be chaotic

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get so big that you forget who the employees are. They like having access to senior management.

ISYS Technologies is a bad example of how small business takes advantage of employees

I have been working at Isys Technologies

ProsISYS has decent medical benefits. Internal staff are helpful.

ConsIsys management does not focus on employee welfare. As the company grows, we are not rewarded with training, tuition reimbursement or increased pay like other companies do when they are successful. We are told that cost of living increases can't happen for this or that reason. The company is largely profitable due to all our excellent performance yet we are not rewarded. Each year we are told during the all hands meeting that the company is growing however there are no additional incentives for us. My co-workers all seem to be looking for a new job and they are finding them. Isys management is isolated from the employees in the field, we receive very little corporate communication except when they need our status reports. We were promised that working for a small business would be better, how wrong that turned out to be. I would return to a large business any day of the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart taking your employees seriously and treat them with respect. Empty promises do not work anymore in trying to motivate us. Action speaks louder than words.

Moderately successful company in spite of management not because of it.

I worked at Isys Technologies

ProsThere are very few pro's to working here. ..but they do offer free soda.

ConsHorrible Management.

Mid/senior management does not take responsibility for unsuccessful project and the "blame" game is very active.
Poor benefits including lack of a 401K program, no advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the economy turns around there will be a mass exodus of employees. High turnover of the sales staff shows the dissatisfaction of those employees, and President is clearly not in the right role.

Strong Industry, Stronger Team

I have been working at Isys Technologies

ProsIndustry - Government contracting and integration is a fantastic field to work in. Job stability and a sense of patriotic contribution.
Team – The cream rises to the top. The internal team is made up of people who want to see the company succeed. Performers are easily recognizable.

ConsJargon – Lots of IT/Software/Military lingo and acronyms. It can be difficult to walk in off the street and understand what’s going on.
Distance – The internal staff is geographically removed from the onsite employees. It can be difficult to establish a relationship with employees that aren’t on the same program or in the same state.
Takes time to adjust to both.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep effected employees involved in project prioritization.

Worked for Isys Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Isys Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Isys Technologies CEO Teresa Porter. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Isys Technologies employees.