It's Just Lunch

www.itsjustlunch.com

It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
It's Just Lunch – US – “We are passionate and enthusiastic about our…”

It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown

Melissa Brown

Pros
  • None, that I can think, maybe that you get to work from home(in 14 reviews)

• I love working with all my colleagues and the management team is so supportive(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads(in 6 reviews)

• It's high-pressure sales and management encourages you to sell memberships to people you may have doubts selling to(in 3 reviews)

This was my worst work experience.

Matchmaker (Former Employee) Hallandale, FL

ProsThis job was entertaining at best.

ConsThe company has no values. What they pitch to their customers is not what the customer gets. They make it seem as if the customer is getting high-end customized service and that there are dozens of great matches for these customers. The reality is that it is a call center and when it comes to match making, anything goes...as long as it's a boy and a girl, it's a match!

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the call center and go back to the original concept.

It's Just Lunch Human Resources Director responded to this review

May 9, 2014

At It's Just Lunch, we match our clients based on numerous criteria including age, religion, ethnicity, kids, hobbies, interests, etc.. We have way over 2,000,000 matches and thousands of marriages ... More

Worse Job I ever had....gave 1 star only because I had to.

Dating Specialist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsDishonesty from day one. Lie, cheat do whatever it takes to make a sell. 22 Years in business however very few employees have over 2 years seniority. Ask why before you take this job. Ask why are masses of sales specialist hired every 2 weeks. Ask why masses of employees are fired every 2-3 weeks. The money is made by only the top 3-4 % of sales specialist. No integrity in this company. Look into the lawsuits before you take this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are the only ones that benefit from this company, that includes clients and employees. Rethink this. Stop forcing employees to write good reviews.

If you want to change people's lives for the better and earn a lot of money doing it, It's Just Lunch is for you!

Dating Specialist (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsManagement staff is very sharp and have all been top producers doing my job so I am confident in them.

commissions are lucrative

Management has a hands on approach while NOT micro-managing

Recognition is there and you definitely feel like a part of a team

ConsSometimes the system has hiccups. This sort of thing happens in every job I've ever had but at least here they quickly send out a company email and re-boot the system accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!! I love the webinars and I couldn't ask for a better manager than MaryLynn!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Its Just Lunch is such a great opportunity!

Dating Specialist (Current Employee) Hallandale, FL

ProsWorking for Its Just Lunch has been such a great experience. They provide ongoing training, support, and a positive work environment. I have never worked for a company with the ongoing training, support, and positive management that they have at IJL. I love going to work everyday because of the positive passionate energy that makes working fun. Everyone is so passionate about the clients, their wants, needs and helping them reach their relationship goals. It is a great feeling to work with my clients, I care about all of them and so does management. They provide incentives, training, support, and work very hard to help you reach your goals.

ConsFor me there are no cons, you have to have the ability to learn and believe in what you do. Work hard for your clients and have the passion to change lives. For me it is all positive, but if you are not a compassionate person then it could be difficult because you really have to care for your clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Thank you for not only changing our clients lives but mine as well.

This is the best place I have ever worked!!!!

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsThis place has the best team!!! The support from the managers and other team members is amazing... They are always avialable to help, and make sure you are on the right track!! Not only is the purpose of It's Just Lunch great, the clients we help are just as amazing.. And the money is great! I love this job!! I love this company!!

ConsI have no complaints about this company!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!! You guys are awesome!!!

A pressure box driven by fake over the top training managers

Dating Specialist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosmy co-workers were friendly and upfront

Consconstant pressure to express enthusiasm that came off as phony. The program seemed like a scam and was only a good fit for a very small percentage

International Dating Specialist LOVES HER JOB...

IDS (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsAmazing team work and I get the oppurtunity to change lives daily. This is a fun ubeat job and the Mgr, are awesome. Traing is weekly and you always get to input any information and ask questions. I love the fact that we strive to be THE BEST and we are.

ConsI have not found any cons, excpect that this is a job for the diligent, driven and highly motivated person. Not one who may have a negative sence of self. super fun and exciting.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep us growing and keep the training coming

This is more than a "job"- it is an experience.

Sdd (Current Employee) Hallandale Beach, FL

ProsThe best part of my job honestly has been my interactions with my clients. It is so humbling and rewarding to be a key player in the most intimate aspect of someone's life. Dating is emotional and it is not always smooth sailing, however there is a certain confidence that comes from the ability to converse with and be respected by leaders of industries.

ConsSometimes it is very difficult to manage your time well because of the volume of work that comes with various positions. Management is always willing to provide tips and advice on how to juggle and prioritize the required tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been great! The VP of customer service has a unique and admirable ability to garner respect, but still create a level of comfort that makes you want to open up and be yourself. That is not an easy task.

Love going to work every day!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsA well-established company, unique product/service, matching clients is a learned and continuously perfected art, fun work environment, no day is the same - NEVER bored!, success stories from clients are a regular occurrence.

ConsAlthough I don't consider it a "con", hard work is the name of the game. If you want to be successful, you have to put in the work.

The service being offered is obviously emotional. This means clients can be emotional at times... again, not negative, just an aspect that can bring challenges

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue employee development.

A Very Exciting and Rewarding Company to Work For!!!

Senior Dating Director (Current Employee) Hallandale Beach, FL

ProsWorking at It's Just lunch is fantastic. It is a very exciting and rewarding job. We change peoples lives***One date at a time***. It is just so phenomenal and exciting to hear from clients that they are in a relationship together, engaged, and married through the It's Just Lunch team that you are part of! You look forward to going to work to hear all the great success stories. The bonus structure that is in place is great. It is attainable by all, and is very rewarding...
    No hesitation here... It's Just Lunch is the best place to work!

ConsYou must be a diligent, organized, energetic individual to be successful in this great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe open door policy is great.... Management is available at all times to assist and help when needed.

Worked for It's Just Lunch? Contribute to the Community!