It's Just Lunch

www.itsjustlunch.com

It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
It's Just Lunch – US – “We are passionate and enthusiastic about our…”

It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown

Melissa Brown

Pros
  • None, that I can think, maybe that you get to work from home(in 14 reviews)

• I love working with all my colleagues and the management team is so supportive(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads(in 6 reviews)

• It's high-pressure sales and management encourages you to sell memberships to people you may have doubts selling to(in 3 reviews)

Dallas IJL Happy Employee

Senior Dating Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI've worked for other dating services in the past and I can honestly say that It's Just Lunch has great business ethics. I am excited to work with my clients and get to know them on a personal level. My income has gone up since I started working here. The wonderful thing about working with IJL is getting to help my clients with their love life and making life long friends along the way!

I absolutely love the team I work with. We all play an important roll with servicing our clients.

ConsThis is definitely a sales position. Like any sales job, you have to work hard to play hard. You have to be hard working, competitive, and know the industry. The training you get from corporate will help you with your success in this career.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone! I like how management is motivation, competitive, and understanding.

"it's not for everyone"

Director (Former Employee)

ProsModern offices with nice color combinations.

ConsThere is money to be made you just have to be comfortable misleading people and taking advantage of those who are in a low point of their lives. You only get paid commission if you hit "quota", miss it by a hair and you get nothing but base, which is minimal. If you want to learn more about your potential clients, just read the reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop demoralizing your employees and maybe your turnover would not be so high. And for the love of Jesus, stop posting fake positive reviews on here. It just annoys people further when they find out the truth.

Fantastic Company to work for! I highly recommend the Dallas office!

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWorking for It’s Just Lunch has been a great experience. I absolutely love both the people I work with and the clients I work for. Each day is a new and exciting experience. It’s Just Lunch represents such a unique industry in all facets. I love being able to bring all of my skills to one industry to provide excellent customer relations for a dynamic team. This industry is unique as it is very fluid and new opportunities present themselves daily. I find it extremely fulfilling helping people find happiness. The best feeling in the world is finding out a match hit it off and enjoyed one another’s company to steady relationships, to engagements, weddings, and babies. I’ve been given the honor of hearing about all the success stories. The most rewarding part of my job is helping people step outside their comfort zones, take risks, believe in themselves, and find love. Dating isn’t easy. It takes courage and sometimes it takes a little push in the right direction. It brings me so much joy to know that I played a small role in the happiness of a successful match. I love knowing I help make fairy tales come true one match at a time! I would recommend working for IJL to anyone who has a passion to work with people in their most personal aspect of their life!

ConsSome of the challenges of working in an industry that is so personal is that the clients are emotionally invested in addition to the financial investment. The component of being emotionally invested adds an element of irrationality sometimes. People react emotionally instead of logically and all their insecurities start coming forward. You have to be able to empathize and counsel clients. You have to have people skills and effective communication skills. If you do, you will be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think corporate does a great job training all new employees and keeping seasoned employees motivated and passionate about continuing success. Advanced Director Trainings always get the Directors refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the world again!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LOVING my job!

Membership Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt's Just Lunch is a great company to work for! The management team has always been extremely supportive. I love my co-workers and could not ask for a better team to work with! I truly enjoy working with my clients and helping them find love!

ConsLike any job, there can be days that are more challenging than others. Staying positive and having a good work ethic is key.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't think of anything! Love my boss!

No Integrity at this Company

Pros1) There is money to be made
    2) Work from home

Cons1) They lie to you in training about expectations
    2) Management has a very short term oriented thinking
    3) No regard for agents
    4) Company is brutally dishonest to customers. I left because I started getting sick at how manipulative and dishonest of an organization I was part of

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into hiring a company that works in the field of transformation for organizations. Your profits will probably go up and you'll be treating people in a way that allows everyone to sleep at night. WIthout integrity, nothing works and this company makes money DESPITE Its lack of integrity behavior - not because of it.

Run the other way!!!

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThe list is short. I guess I would say after working here you can work anywhere else and instantly have a higher self esteem and a lot of patience and be very good at your phone skills.

ConsThey rip off clients left and right. It's sickening. There will only be in some areas maybe 5 clients total. You are told to sell them based off one client being open. They let people join for $199 and others pay $5,000 being told there is hundreds of thousands of matches when in reality there is ZERO except our current clients. They take on participants for free and try to get employees to refer their friends and family to date clients. Clients get to work with $12/hr paid dating directors that don't care about their job. Clients get stood up because they are told to go to the wrong place at the wrong time and this is truly not a match making company. It's a disfuctional company that only cares about making money. They do not care about their employees. They pay $8.50 an hour plus commission which amounts to poverty income for most and 1% of the employees might bring home the bacon. If you are wanting to be a client, run. If you are wanting to work here, your nuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some heart for your employees. It should be apparent by all the good people leaving, that this is not going in a positive manner. Also maybe provide Prozac when you hire people. Eventually they will need it.

You Gotta Love What You Do, Or It Won't Work.

Dating Director (Former Employee) Hallandale Beach, FL

ProsI worked at IJL for over a year. Yes, it is a VERY, EXTREMELY, and BEYOND stressful job, and it is NOT for everyone. Understanding the nature of the business has to be the first step. It's an emotional industry, for both clients and staff. Dating Directors get criticized no matter what. But at the end of the day, the clients come to you, because you are the professional (You gotta believe in yourself!). It's A LOT of pressure, but oh-so rewarding.

ConsThe main con is the pay. It isn't great, but it isn't horrible either. There are definitely days when you feel seriously overworked and extremely underpaid, but who doesn't feel that way every now and then?

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile employed at IJL, management did make a HUGE effort to improve their relationship with the staff. Compassion is key, to clients and definitely to the employees, and showing your staff that you appreciate their hard work *especially to those who are dedicated to what they do), is VERY important. IJL has A LOT of potential. I wish them continued success.

TOP TIER

(Current Employee)

ProsThere are so many pros. This company has top tier training that continues throughout. The trainers have all had success as sales reps and share the things that made them successful. I have been in sales for many years so I have seen a lot. Let me tell you, these people have got talent and skill that they enjoy sharing with you. You can hear it in their voices that they really want you to succeed. And when you do, as you will with this product, they are genuinely excited for you!
    The management is always available to assist you in an instant and we have access to all of the training and management staff.
    The base compensation is competitive and the commission structure is nothing short of generous. Add to that a product that has great value and thus sells and you have potential for a lucrative income. The location is Choice!!
    It's Just Lunch has a corporate culture that fosters team work, and success. What ever your goal, you have a full staff of people who have done it themselves to assist you in reaching it. All you have to do is ask.
    Put all of these things together and you have is an organization that is TOP TIER!!

ConsIf you are someone has a good work ethic, you should find yourself working very hard. The job is so much fun that you can look up and realize that you have not taken a break in 3-4 hours.

Alot of potential

Dating Specialist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFlexible Work schedule, work from home, uncapped earning potential, positive work environment

ConsLike any sales job, it can be extremely challenging, especially the nature of this sale. In order to succeed here you must be quick, sharp, and hardworking-and willing to work on the weekends. It's NOT an easy job..

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, I truly appreciated the management style of IJL- they really did their best to help me excel at my job

This is the most unethical company ever.

Matchmaker (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsYou get your own office.

ConsThis is the most unethical company ever. They hire men and then fire them after a few weeks. All to get around EEO. They listen to all calls and then call you if you didn't shove a contract down someone's throat. They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads. Many are so old they have already gotten married! Commissions are paid based on a weeks sales so you won't make much over minimum wage. Better plan on working extra hours and weekends if you want to even have a chance at a sale. Other territories grab your calls after hours if you don't answer at the first ring. They lie about almost everything and the packages are so expensive even Lawyers and Doctors won't buy. You have to make over 100 calls per day to old leads who aren't home during the day. They change territories constantly so you may not have the territory where you live!!! And....you don't EVER give out your last name because unhappy customers have given death threats when you won't (can't) give their money back. Save yourself and don't even apply to this place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPrice the packages so sales can be made. Groups will be big enough so people can actually date more than one time! Stop monitoring every call.

It's Just Lunch Human Resources Director responded to this review

Jun 9, 2014

At It’s just lunch, we adhere to All EEO guidelines and procedures, and would never hire or fire someone based on gender. As with most companies that employ sales customer service representatives ... More

Worked for It's Just Lunch? Contribute to the Community!