It's Just Lunch

www.itsjustlunch.com

It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
It's Just Lunch – US – “We are passionate and enthusiastic about our…”

It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown

Melissa Brown

Pros
  • None, that I can think, maybe that you get to work from home(in 14 reviews)

• I love working with all my colleagues and the management team is so supportive(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads(in 6 reviews)

• It's high-pressure sales and management encourages you to sell memberships to people you may have doubts selling to(in 3 reviews)

LOVING my job!

Membership Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt's Just Lunch is a great company to work for! The management team has always been extremely supportive. I love my co-workers and could not ask for a better team to work with! I truly enjoy working with my clients and helping them find love!

ConsLike any job, there can be days that are more challenging than others. Staying positive and having a good work ethic is key.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't think of anything! Love my boss!

Fantastic Company to work for! I highly recommend the Dallas office!

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWorking for It’s Just Lunch has been a great experience. I absolutely love both the people I work with and the clients I work for. Each day is a new and exciting experience. It’s Just Lunch represents such a unique industry in all facets. I love being able to bring all of my skills to one industry to provide excellent customer relations for a dynamic team. This industry is unique as it is very fluid and new opportunities present themselves daily. I find it extremely fulfilling helping people find happiness. The best feeling in the world is finding out a match hit it off and enjoyed one another’s company to steady relationships, to engagements, weddings, and babies. I’ve been given the honor of hearing about all the success stories. The most rewarding part of my job is helping people step outside their comfort zones, take risks, believe in themselves, and find love. Dating isn’t easy. It takes courage and sometimes it takes a little push in the right direction. It brings me so much joy to know that I played a small role in the happiness of a successful match. I love knowing I help make fairy tales come true one match at a time! I would recommend working for IJL to anyone who has a passion to work with people in their most personal aspect of their life!

ConsSome of the challenges of working in an industry that is so personal is that the clients are emotionally invested in addition to the financial investment. The component of being emotionally invested adds an element of irrationality sometimes. People react emotionally instead of logically and all their insecurities start coming forward. You have to be able to empathize and counsel clients. You have to have people skills and effective communication skills. If you do, you will be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think corporate does a great job training all new employees and keeping seasoned employees motivated and passionate about continuing success. Advanced Director Trainings always get the Directors refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the world again!

Dallas IJL Happy Employee

Senior Dating Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI've worked for other dating services in the past and I can honestly say that It's Just Lunch has great business ethics. I am excited to work with my clients and get to know them on a personal level. My income has gone up since I started working here. The wonderful thing about working with IJL is getting to help my clients with their love life and making life long friends along the way!

I absolutely love the team I work with. We all play an important roll with servicing our clients.

ConsThis is definitely a sales position. Like any sales job, you have to work hard to play hard. You have to be hard working, competitive, and know the industry. The training you get from corporate will help you with your success in this career.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone! I like how management is motivation, competitive, and understanding.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TOP TIER

(Current Employee)

ProsThere are so many pros. This company has top tier training that continues throughout. The trainers have all had success as sales reps and share the things that made them successful. I have been in sales for many years so I have seen a lot. Let me tell you, these people have got talent and skill that they enjoy sharing with you. You can hear it in their voices that they really want you to succeed. And when you do, as you will with this product, they are genuinely excited for you!
    The management is always available to assist you in an instant and we have access to all of the training and management staff.
    The base compensation is competitive and the commission structure is nothing short of generous. Add to that a product that has great value and thus sells and you have potential for a lucrative income. The location is Choice!!
    It's Just Lunch has a corporate culture that fosters team work, and success. What ever your goal, you have a full staff of people who have done it themselves to assist you in reaching it. All you have to do is ask.
    Put all of these things together and you have is an organization that is TOP TIER!!

ConsIf you are someone has a good work ethic, you should find yourself working very hard. The job is so much fun that you can look up and realize that you have not taken a break in 3-4 hours.

Excellent employer and they truly are #1 in matching quality, professional singles!

Dating Specialist (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsIt's Just Lunch offers an excellent work environment. The team of trainers, managers, support staff etc are absolutely wonderful! I've worked in Corporate America since 1986 and they truly do stand out among the very best. This is the most incredible career move I have ever made and I am thrilled to have this opportunity to affiliate myself with them.

Our clients are top notch and we really do match busy professionals with other busy professionals that have the characteristics, hobbies, interests and core values/morals they seek in a mate. Did I say the support staff and management were amazing? Yes, what I like is that the managers and support staff all started at ground level. They are energetic, inspiring and encouraging.

Feedback, positive encouragement and a very tight knit team is hard to find these days in a faced paced, growing organization. It does NOT lack here at It's Just Lunch. I am truly impressed!! Never been happier!

As far as income... well, they offer uncapped commissions and its up to you how much you can make! Excellent income potential, while having a great time getting to know amazing people and changing their single lives to a life of happiness and love!!

ConsHonestly, I cannot think of anything. Equipment is all state of the art, IT Support Staff is on top of everything and I have not one complaint. Administrative staff is helpful, friendly and always there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is this... KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! TOP NOTCH!!! I tell everyone I talk to what an amazing career I have here and I'm always trying to recruit when I meet someone that I feel would be a great addition to the staff.

It's Just Lunch - Sales Trainer

Corporate Sales Trainer (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAmazing co-workers, great management staff, flexible schedule, opportunities to work from home, lots of growth opportunity, competitive salary

ConsIf you are not self motivated and driven or a person that requires constant supervision and/or micro-management this is may not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow this wonderful team of people

LOVE my job - SO much opportunity in a fun enviroment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSupportive management, fun atmosphere, team environment, motivating and ongoing training, continued development, opportunity to be financially successful, fun contests and incentives, no day is the same. Management takes serious time to develop their employees and help them to grow within the company and sharpen their skills. I LOVE talking to clients and hearing their feedback, success stories are coming in on a regular basis - I enjoy developing relationships and trust with clients and co-workers in an emotional business. Ultimately, the best part is changing lives for the better!

ConsDating is an emotional thing, so tough conversations with clients will happen. BUT, sometimes those tough and honest conversations are what help us follow up with the perfect match moving forward. Further, if you want to be successful you need to put in the time and the work. You can't be 75% committed to your role, you have to be all in to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinued training and development for all employees.

If you want to change people's lives for the better and earn a lot of money doing it, It's Just Lunch is for you!

Dating Specialist (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsManagement staff is very sharp and have all been top producers doing my job so I am confident in them.

commissions are lucrative

Management has a hands on approach while NOT micro-managing

Recognition is there and you definitely feel like a part of a team

ConsSometimes the system has hiccups. This sort of thing happens in every job I've ever had but at least here they quickly send out a company email and re-boot the system accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!! I love the webinars and I couldn't ask for a better manager than MaryLynn!!

Working for Its Just Lunch is such a great opportunity!

Dating Specialist (Current Employee) Hallandale, FL

ProsWorking for Its Just Lunch has been such a great experience. They provide ongoing training, support, and a positive work environment. I have never worked for a company with the ongoing training, support, and positive management that they have at IJL. I love going to work everyday because of the positive passionate energy that makes working fun. Everyone is so passionate about the clients, their wants, needs and helping them reach their relationship goals. It is a great feeling to work with my clients, I care about all of them and so does management. They provide incentives, training, support, and work very hard to help you reach your goals.

ConsFor me there are no cons, you have to have the ability to learn and believe in what you do. Work hard for your clients and have the passion to change lives. For me it is all positive, but if you are not a compassionate person then it could be difficult because you really have to care for your clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Thank you for not only changing our clients lives but mine as well.

This is the best place I have ever worked!!!!

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsThis place has the best team!!! The support from the managers and other team members is amazing... They are always avialable to help, and make sure you are on the right track!! Not only is the purpose of It's Just Lunch great, the clients we help are just as amazing.. And the money is great! I love this job!! I love this company!!

ConsI have no complaints about this company!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!! You guys are awesome!!!

Worked for It's Just Lunch? Contribute to the Community!