It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated March 12, 2015
108 reviews filtered by
It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • The only benefit is you get to work from home (in 19 reviews)

• The best part of it is that I get to help people find love (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads (in 6 reviews)

• It honestly seems like the dating directors are basically set up to fail and given impossible to reach numbers (in 5 reviews)

I'd liked it so Much I left and Came Back

Current Employee - Elite Division in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Elite Division in Denver, CO

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job is rewarding. It's amazing that you can help people fall in love. The culture is fantastic, I work with some of the most incredible women ever. Great managers, great upper management.

Cons

There really aren't any. I left for 6 months and came back bc I love it so much.

2. Fun, Supportive and Awesome

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Our team of managers are Amazing!! They are supportive and helpful. It's Just Lunch provides wonderful training that is informative and fun! Our main focus is on our clients. Providing them with quality, fun 1st dates!!!

Cons

No cons just a Wonderful job being able to add love, laughter and happiness to our clients lives.

What a wonderful team and I'm so happy to have the chance to be apart of their team.

Its Just Lunch is a Great Company

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

work from home; no weekend work required; company provides your equipment; great potential to make a lot of money with really hard work and a lot of luck

Cons

unrealistic sales goals for new and veteran sales associates

Set realistic goals that can be achieved by the average person within a reasonable amount of time. Remove leads that are not reachable or not interested.

My experience has been positive and financially gratifying. The "work as a team" approach is a proven plus!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Consistent training and access to management helps when setting goals and achieving them! Employees are constantly recognized for their efforts and success and are shared in weekly/monthly meetings with all. There are often contests with prizes such as cash, gift cards, etc.

Cons

The challenges with this type of career are the same as with any. Setting and reaching goals and maintaining a positive attitude during the slow times. Not every week may be as good as the last, but it will all come back around. Managing time is always a difficult task and it's very important to keep on task as to not fall behind!

Does it get any better than this?

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for this company and I will give you just a few examples. From the very first day, the positive attitude and support that came thru in training gave me such self confidence and I believe that I have grown tremendously as a human being because of that. I truly believe in what we do and I think that it is the key. I wake up every morning and I am excited to get started and the best part is doing it in the comfort of my home office. The best part of it is that I get to help people find love...does it get any better than this?

Cons

I absolutely love my job and to me there is no negative. My clients always tell me you seem so happy doing your job and I am.I am always surprised when I hear of a client that didn't enjoy their experience with IJL but that comes mainly from past employees that may have made unrealistic promises to the clients and that is one reason why they might have not enjoyed their experiences with IJL.

I think the key to the success of our company is mostly based on the management team, the constant training and webinars and the support that we all get. I don’t know of many companies where you can reach your manager at 10:00 at night or as early as 7:30 in the morning, or even get answers to emails on Sundays afternoon and it has happened on a lot of different occasions. They are all so supportive and positive in their approach that they help me tremendously! I have also very close relationship with the dating directors as we are in contact every day and what a great team they are, I couldn’t do my job without them!

It's Just Lunch is the Career you want, ONLY if you have Passion, Truly Care about People & Love seeing lives change!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

IJL has the Team and Process in place to help you succeed in a healthy and positive environment. The training and support never ends. Each member of management has a positive method to drive improvement, which is rare in a corporation of this size. The earning potential can be extremely rewarding, not to mention playing an active role to help our clients find Love through positive dating experiences.

Cons

Honestly, I can not find a Con in the corporate structure. This position has been more of a challenge for me personally to become a top producer, however it's not anything within the company structure. It's a process that takes time and continued skill development.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

LUCKY TO WORK FOR SUCH A GREAT COMPANY!

Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A typical day at work would include finding love for our clients and getting to know our new clients. Listening is key in this position. The atmosphere is great. Bonus structure makes it even better! Hard work will get you there. We strive to make people happy.The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing another success story! Can't get better than that!

Cons

You must be diligent.. You have to accomplish a lot of things in a day! Multitasking is a must!

The management is great and always open to listening to new ideas. Open door policy in place.. CEO Melissa is fantastic, VP of Operations Julie is always there for you, Tia the CS manager is there when you need her, and HR Dennis is always there to help!

I wish I did not have to move and leave my job

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, great culture, fun place to work (virtually form home- lol), awesome service by making a difference in people lives is something to feel good about, Performance based income was a perfect fit for me and the ability to earn over $100k if I just apply myself, which I did. Leads are plentiful and if you work hard and understand that this is sales and sales are a numbers game, you can earn a lot if you just do your job correctly. I made a lot of money from the leads, some new, some old, some very old, but they all worked for me, the good thing was I did not have to find my own clients, they had so many people for me to call.

Cons

The cry baby coworkers who come to work just to collect a check and barely earn it, and then complain they don't make enough money. STOP CALLING ME TO COMPLAIN WHEN YOU KNOW I AM DOING WELL, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU ANYMORE, IT'S YOU, NOT IJL! GEEZ! Some people always point fingers at everyone else but themselves, IT'S YOU, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!
    Look if you want to work for salary and get by doing minimum work go work somewhere else. This is a performance based job (Commission), which means you need to perform!!! There is nothing standing between you and a great income but yourself, and too many people would rather blame someone else or the company instead of taking responsibility for their own actions and then complain to the world - Wah Wah! Go call a WAMBULANCE!

I know you have budgets and such, but perhaps a few more ways to get bonuses, or contests or prizes, etc- they motivate people to go above and beyond, I know it works for me! Perhaps win a trip to visit the office in South Florida (did someone say free winter vacation in the sun?).

LOVING my job!

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Membership Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's Just Lunch is a great company to work for! The management team has always been extremely supportive. I love my co-workers and could not ask for a better team to work with! I truly enjoy working with my clients and helping them find love!

Cons

Like any job, there can be days that are more challenging than others. Staying positive and having a good work ethic is key.

I can't think of anything! Love my boss!

Fantastic Company to work for! I highly recommend the Dallas office!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working for It’s Just Lunch has been a great experience. I absolutely love both the people I work with and the clients I work for. Each day is a new and exciting experience. It’s Just Lunch represents such a unique industry in all facets. I love being able to bring all of my skills to one industry to provide excellent customer relations for a dynamic team. This industry is unique as it is very fluid and new opportunities present themselves daily. I find it extremely fulfilling helping people find happiness. The best feeling in the world is finding out a match hit it off and enjoyed one another’s company to steady relationships, to engagements, weddings, and babies. I’ve been given the honor of hearing about all the success stories. The most rewarding part of my job is helping people step outside their comfort zones, take risks, believe in themselves, and find love. Dating isn’t easy. It takes courage and sometimes it takes a little push in the right direction. It brings me so much joy to know that I played a small role in the happiness of a successful match. I love knowing I help make fairy tales come true one match at a time! I would recommend working for IJL to anyone who has a passion to work with people in their most personal aspect of their life!

Cons

Some of the challenges of working in an industry that is so personal is that the clients are emotionally invested in addition to the financial investment. The component of being emotionally invested adds an element of irrationality sometimes. People react emotionally instead of logically and all their insecurities start coming forward. You have to be able to empathize and counsel clients. You have to have people skills and effective communication skills. If you do, you will be successful.

I think corporate does a great job training all new employees and keeping seasoned employees motivated and passionate about continuing success. Advanced Director Trainings always get the Directors refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the world again!

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo