It's Just Lunch Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • You can work from home if you choose (in 19 reviews)

• The best part of it is that I get to help people find love (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads (in 6 reviews)

• 12/hr paid dating directors that don't care about their job (in 5 reviews)

1. Certified Life Coach

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

I have been with IJL for over 5 years and here are my top pros:

Relax and comfortable environment
    Excellent relationships between co-workers
    Open door policy for any questions or concerns
    Flexibility
    potential to earn extra money outside of salary
    Company pot luckys and special event days each month
    Growth and Changes happen often to benefit everyone company wide
    Last but not least the break rooms has free: Coffee, creamers, sugar, plates, napkins, two microwaves, conventional oven for the pleasure of all employees to use.

Cons

Every company has room for growth. IJL is not an exception to this statement.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the type of employees that you've recently been hiring. The positive energy will keep growing.

2. This was my experience...

Current Employee - Private Search Dating Director in Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Private Search Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since working with this company, I've learned how to become a more open minded individual, the pay is great and there are so many opportunities to make money. The atmosphere in the workplace is the same as your own home. The staff ensures your comfortable and are always there to help. The work in itself is rewarding. You have the ability to literally change someone's life. You build relationships with clients that you want nothing but the best for. Of course, like any other company you will deal with clients that aren't happy all of the time, we as matchmakers understand why. When our clients are unhappy it both pains and motivates me. This job enables you to be the reason two people spend the rest of their lives together. I have never worked for a company like this. I love the staff, the clients and the atmosphere.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to work over the weekends to get a head start on things for the week.

Advice to Management

Things are pretty well structured here.

3. Director

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my job and love working with my clients. With regards to the previous SF review, I'm confused, because we do get insurance benefits and we are sent to confrerences to gain new skills.

Cons

There isn't really any room for growth, but you are told that in the initial interview. If you want to be a matchmaker, this is the best company to work with.

The truth about IJL!!!!!!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Working from home and not meeting these fake personalities in person. And that's pretty much it. The idea of their commission structure soundssssss great, but it's not happening.

Cons

You make no money! Unless you're okay with just making minimum wage this position will not be your ideal source of income. You might collect a decent commission every once in a while, but on average you're at the bottom of the commission structure because the sale is hard and what you collect is just 1-6%. Which is nothing! Unfortunate your clients don't have a positive experience with our service, and our reviews are very much forced or faked. We have all been asked to write positive reviews about our company I'm sure all the bad ones scare off new recruits, which it should! We host monthly trainings with 30+ potential employees and most don't make the cut! I left a nice job for this... Thinking it would be a smart move and it's not! Recruiter said to me that a rookie would make 50-75k annually, which was a pay cut for me to take but I liked the idea of working from home. But that's not what we make! Don't believe the fake reviews!

Advice to Management

$$$

6. Director

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients are the number one pro! Hearing stories and helping them to understand what they are looking for and then ultimately helping them change their life.

Cons

Management doesn't care about their employees and there is no room for growth.

Advice to Management

Offer insurance to your employees. Create an environment for employes to learn and grow within the company.

You will never make money working here-it's their business model.

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist
    Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work from home. No micro management.
    You can say whatever you want to clients.

Cons

You make minimum wage & commission.
    (The commission structure ensures if you sell a $2800 or $4500 plan, you will only make $25 or $45. They limit your leads so you don't earn commission.) IJL gives the same 5 people all of the leads & hires unsuspecting people who work their butts off for minimum wage. It's a total scam.
    Another con is having to listen to the squeaky IJL voices & fake attitudes of management.

Advice to Management

Even your senior reps have figured out your business model. You better figure out something quick before the whole company goes out of business!

Have Fun Calling 15 year old leads!

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work from home.

Cons

You work 9 hours a day calling old leads that have been called 100+ times in the last 15 years and had originally said "no" when given the sales pitch. They train you to call them 3 times in a row for weeks and weeks on end "until you get the join". Some of these people called in, found out how over-priced the service is, and said no.....then we call them for 10 years until they answer the phone shouting expletives at new employees.

Advice to Management

Give everyone a mix of new and old leads instead of letting a small select group get rich while everyone else gets belittled and screamed at and treated like garbage from the leads we've harassed since 2000. You bring on a new crop of trainees and get them swamped with bad leads and bad calls and ridiculous expectations and wonder why everyone quits. Shocker!

9. Love IJL

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great supportive team, amazing opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

I cant work 80 hours a week lol

Advice to Management

thank you again! Love working with you !

10. Dating Specialist

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Manchester, NH

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Without question the best company I have every worked for. Training and continued training and support is beyond incredible. The drive and energy behind the team and management staff is above and beyond what you could ever expect from a company. The passion, compassion and investment in employees and clients cannot be beat. I truly love what I do!! It has changed my professional world I have never in my life been so driven to work for myself and management. The commitment the company gives to employees and clients success is above and beyond what any employee could ever expect or ask for.

Cons

There is no downside. I absolutely love what I do and who I do it for. I only wish I had found its just lunch earlier but timing is everything. I cannot imagine ever working anywhere else.

Advice to Management

To continue doing what they do. There commitment to their employees is what drives me to be successful and want to improve everyday at what I do. It is the most incredible company I have ever worked for. They are beyond invested in their employees success. They want you to succeed as much if not more than you want to succeed they give you all their time energy and knowledge into making your career a success!!

Nice Staff, Terrible Business Model, Miserable Clients

Former Employee - Director/Matchmaker
    Former Employee - Director/Matchmaker

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is nice and tries their best to be helpful. You work from home and have the flexibility to move around your home office.

Cons

You sell to people who trust you and then are not involved in their matching process. There are not enough men to match with the women and people are sent out on dates that are absolutely terrible matches for either of them just to get the client out. It is a terrible waste of the client's money. They sell dreams to these people, are on a quota, and you won't make any money, $12 an hour unless you sell a ridiculous amount of memberships to unsuspecting people. If you are desperate for a job you will sell your soul in this one. The hours are horrific you work at night and all day and it is very difficult to juggle your life, especially if you have a family as I do.

Advice to Management

Change your entire business model. This one is not working and is unfair to the employee and to the client.

RSS Feed </> Embed