It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • None, that I can think, maybe that you get to work from home (in 14 reviews)

• I love working with all my colleagues and the management team is so supportive (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads (in 6 reviews)

• It's high-pressure sales and management encourages you to sell memberships to people you may have doubts selling to (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst Place to EVER Work for .... PERIOD !!!!!!

Former Employee - Dating Specialist  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro for working at this company is the option of working home

Cons

This company wants to program you to memorize a script to sell their services verbatim from hello to goodbye . You are not allowed to choose your own verbiage . You are fed lies about your potential success. You are lying and soliciting potential clients ( who may have inquired as far back as 10 years ) about the pool of candidates to date . Again, the most ABSOLUTE company to work for . I am not one to write reviews but I cannot allow anyone to consider this company without them knowing my experience ...

Set true expectations when interviewing candidates .

Started out great but went downhill...quickly-not exactly how they portrayed the position during interview/training.

Current Employee - Dating Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only benefit is you get to work from home. However in order to make any money you still need to work late hours.

Cons

The commission structure and programs keep changing. Used to be a year membership for 2-3k and now we can only offer a 6 mo membership fo 3-5k...very hard sell!!! No longer competitive with other dating services and with the changes in commission structure, my income will be well below 40k this year.

Stop changing the commission structure and programs, unless you can make it better. Shorter and shorter memberships, less and less commission make it very hard to stay motivated with the company.

Does it get any better than this?

Current Employee - Dating Specialist  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reason to work for this company and I will give you just a few examples. From the very first day, the positive attitude and support that came thru in training gave me such self confidence and I believe that I have grown tremendously as a human being because of that. I truly believe in what we do and I think that it is the key. I wake up every morning and I am excited to get started and the best part is doing it in the comfort of my home office. The best part of it is that I get to help people find love...does it get any better than this?

Cons

I absolutely love my job and to me there is no negative. My clients always tell me you seem so happy doing your job and I am.I am always surprised when I hear of a client that didn't enjoy their experience with IJL but that comes mainly from past employees that may have made unrealistic promises to the clients and that is one reason why they might have not enjoyed their experiences with IJL.

I think the key to the success of our company is mostly based on the management team, the constant training and webinars and the support that we all get. I don’t know of many companies where you can reach your manager at 10:00 at night or as early as 7:30 in the morning, or even get answers to emails on Sundays afternoon and it has happened on a lot of different occasions. They are all so supportive and positive in their approach that they help me tremendously! I have also very close relationship with the dating directors as we are in contact every day and what a great team they are, I couldn’t do my job without them!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's Just Lunch is the Career you want, ONLY if you have Passion, Truly Care about People & Love seeing lives change!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

IJL has the Team and Process in place to help you succeed in a healthy and positive environment. The training and support never ends. Each member of management has a positive method to drive improvement, which is rare in a corporation of this size. The earning potential can be extremely rewarding, not to mention playing an active role to help our clients find Love through positive dating experiences.

Cons

Honestly, I can not find a Con in the corporate structure. This position has been more of a challenge for me personally to become a top producer, however it's not anything within the company structure. It's a process that takes time and continued skill development.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

LUCKY TO WORK FOR SUCH A GREAT COMPANY!

Current Employee - Senior Dating Director  in  Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A typical day at work would include finding love for our clients and getting to know our new clients. Listening is key in this position. The atmosphere is great. Bonus structure makes it even better! Hard work will get you there. We strive to make people happy.The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing another success story! Can't get better than that!

Cons

You must be diligent.. You have to accomplish a lot of things in a day! Multitasking is a must!

The management is great and always open to listening to new ideas. Open door policy in place.. CEO Melissa is fantastic, VP of Operations Julie is always there for you, Tia the CS manager is there when you need her, and HR Dennis is always there to help!

Laid back easy job where you place people on mostly bad dates that they complain about

Former Employee - Senior Dating Director  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, dental benefit is among best of of any job I have ever worked and unlimited bonus structure is great.

Cons

Very shady sales team
    Poor management the "managers" are a joke
    Clueless employees

Have sales team only sign up truly qualified quality clients and not just anybody willing to shell out the expensive amount it costs to join. Allow for growth in the company as well and please make the hiring process harder then simply passing the NFL's wonderlic test. Hire people with great customer service skills and who will actually place hard work in matching process as I did when employed. Also please refund some of the people who have been signed up under false pretenses or who have been under serviced due to unprofessional employees who lack any common sense and apparently the ability to read peoples profiles.

I wish I did not have to move and leave my job

Former Employee - Dating Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive atmosphere, great culture, fun place to work (virtually form home- lol), awesome service by making a difference in people lives is something to feel good about, Performance based income was a perfect fit for me and the ability to earn over $100k if I just apply myself, which I did. Leads are plentiful and if you work hard and understand that this is sales and sales are a numbers game, you can earn a lot if you just do your job correctly. I made a lot of money from the leads, some new, some old, some very old, but they all worked for me, the good thing was I did not have to find my own clients, they had so many people for me to call.

Cons

The cry baby coworkers who come to work just to collect a check and barely earn it, and then complain they don't make enough money. STOP CALLING ME TO COMPLAIN WHEN YOU KNOW I AM DOING WELL, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU ANYMORE, IT'S YOU, NOT IJL! GEEZ! Some people always point fingers at everyone else but themselves, IT'S YOU, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!
    Look if you want to work for salary and get by doing minimum work go work somewhere else. This is a performance based job (Commission), which means you need to perform!!! There is nothing standing between you and a great income but yourself, and too many people would rather blame someone else or the company instead of taking responsibility for their own actions and then complain to the world - Wah Wah! Go call a WAMBULANCE!

I know you have budgets and such, but perhaps a few more ways to get bonuses, or contests or prizes, etc- they motivate people to go above and beyond, I know it works for me! Perhaps win a trip to visit the office in South Florida (did someone say free winter vacation in the sun?).

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE TOTAL SCAM TOTAL MESS OF A JOB

Former Employee - Dating Director  in  Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only pro is that you get an hr lunch and your work day begins at 11...

Cons

EVERYTHING Basically!! Lets begin with your training it is approx. a week long where for the the 5 days that you are there you are going over a detailed script used to greet new members that join. oh and you basically do some practice calls. upon actually being assigned a territory because Hallandale is the "corporate" office where pretty much all the dating directors are based out of. so you are assigned a territory and forced to match daters up based little to no similarities or common interest. You have a query which is a list telling you who needs to be serviced and sent on a date in a timely fashion before we are at risk of giving them back their money.. BY THE WAY these poor customers dont realize that YOU WILL NEVER EVEEEER get your money back.. hahah poor things.. IJL is filled with lies and jmore lies honestly if they were paying the dating directors atleast 15 dollars an hr maybe more people would actually put up with the job. In order to bonus you are asked to make over 25 dates a weem where in some territorities that is nearly impossible. There is only one lady there that manages to nail it weekly haha 40 odd dates a week.. smh by literally forcing people to go on dates or by tweaking the system who knows. OVER ALL if you have a heart and want to hold on to your sanity dont even bother with this job.. NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!!

DO BETTER!!!

No Integrity at this Company

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

1) There is money to be made
    2) Work from home

Cons

1) They lie to you in training about expectations
    2) Management has a very short term oriented thinking
    3) No regard for agents
    4) Company is brutally dishonest to customers. I left because I started getting sick at how manipulative and dishonest of an organization I was part of

Look into hiring a company that works in the field of transformation for organizations. Your profits will probably go up and you'll be treating people in a way that allows everyone to sleep at night. WIthout integrity, nothing works and this company makes money DESPITE Its lack of integrity behavior - not because of it.

Run the other way!!!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than a year

Pros

The list is short. I guess I would say after working here you can work anywhere else and instantly have a higher self esteem and a lot of patience and be very good at your phone skills.

Cons

They rip off clients left and right. It's sickening. There will only be in some areas maybe 5 clients total. You are told to sell them based off one client being open. They let people join for $199 and others pay $5,000 being told there is hundreds of thousands of matches when in reality there is ZERO except our current clients. They take on participants for free and try to get employees to refer their friends and family to date clients. Clients get to work with $12/hr paid dating directors that don't care about their job. Clients get stood up because they are told to go to the wrong place at the wrong time and this is truly not a match making company. It's a disfuctional company that only cares about making money. They do not care about their employees. They pay $8.50 an hour plus commission which amounts to poverty income for most and 1% of the employees might bring home the bacon. If you are wanting to be a client, run. If you are wanting to work here, your nuts.

Have some heart for your employees. It should be apparent by all the good people leaving, that this is not going in a positive manner. Also maybe provide Prozac when you hire people. Eventually they will need it.

It's Just Lunch Response

Jul 31, 2014Human Resources Director

Our Dating Specialists present a value proposition to clients and if they feel they are a fit for our services, they may join as a member. There are different levels of membership with different ... More

Worked for It's Just Lunch? Contribute to the Community!