It's Just Lunch Reviews

111 reviews filtered by
2.9
It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • The only benefit is you get to work from home (in 19 reviews)

• The best part of it is that I get to help people find love (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads (in 6 reviews)

• It honestly seems like the dating directors are basically set up to fail and given impossible to reach numbers (in 5 reviews)

1. Dating specialist

I worked at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Loved working from home
    No micro management
    Good hours
    Managers do help you and are knowledgeable
    Thorough training program which is a week long

Cons

Old leads ( some have been called 100 plus times
    Poor customer service
    Managers will tell you what you want to hear and that customers lie
    Most leads are 10 plus years old

Advice to Management

Work on customer service issues

2. Dating Specialist

Current Employee - Datinf Specialist
    Current Employee - Datinf Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

I have worked for It's Just Lunch for almost 2 years. I feel the support I have received from the management to be a positive one, especially from my manager. Yes, this is considered to be a sales position, but for me, also one that is truly abouthelping people to find that someone special when so many other ways they have tried to meet people have not worked. We do NOT guarantee marriage, but fun first date with quality like-minded people they would not have had the opportunity to meet. The commission structure is bar none, and in my first year, hit almost 6 figures. So shame on those that write such negative reviews, I understand that we all have our own perceptins and opinions, and are entitled to voice them. However, after reading some of the what I feel were nasty comments, my experience with IJL has been wonderful. There are always 2 sides to everything!!!

Cons

This is not for everyone

3. Deplorable, DO Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200

Former Employee - Dating Specialist
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Monday through Friday, Weekends off, very flexible and for the most part under on schedule changes. Nice PTO pay, paid dental.

Cons

IJL expects you to sell unrealistic memberships to unsuspecting people. We are trained to lie and we as dating specialist are not allowed to communicate with each other because they tell everyone the same thing. They pick and choose who gets the good leads and if you don't make quota they may move you to another department that was worse than the first. Complete waste of my time. Webinars are repetitive and waist of time. We are always running a promotion which has to be directly related to the lack of actual paying members. I would never recommend anyone to date or work for the company! I felt like I needed Xanax after dealing with this joke of a sales position!

Advice to Management

Please take notice to the reviews about the company, all the fantastic reviews are completely false, I wish I had paid attention. This job is not for the faint of heart. IJL stop lying to your employees and picking and choosing who gets good leads give everyone a fair shot.

5. Decent, not anything stellar

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Easy work, works around schedule given

Cons

Disorganized, no point person to direct questions to

I'd liked it so Much I left and Came Back

Current Employee - Elite Division in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Elite Division in Denver, CO

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job is rewarding. It's amazing that you can help people fall in love. The culture is fantastic, I work with some of the most incredible women ever. Great managers, great upper management.

Cons

There really aren't any. I left for 6 months and came back bc I love it so much.

7. We work very hard but ultimately our success is in our own hands.

Current Employee - Dating Specialist
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Base compensation isn't the best. However, if individually we hit our numbers and weekly revenue the commission is unlimited. We can write our own checks as long as all recommendations for our success are followed. This position has definitely taught me a lot about myself. If I have my heart in a career I give it 110%. With that being said, this is very difficult to sell if your head and heart aren't into your client. I've learned to be a truly active listener, as opposed to a face-to-face position, which not only helps me in my professional life but personal as well.

Cons

Training was very thorough and there was a lot to take in. It took me about two to three months to really grasp everything and how it all comes together. Everyday I run into something new. So, if you don't have patience, it's most likely not for you.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can give to management is...stay on the same page with one another and your employees. Don't treat each employee exactly the same. We all have a multitude of personalities, strengths and weaknesses, get to know those. Stay focused on the fantastic staff you have and work a little harder to make them flourish, not replace them.

Eh.

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Remote, OR

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Work from home and PTO

Cons

Unrealistic Sales Goals. I fear for my job every time I don't hit a 10k week. Sales Managers question you rather than support you.

Advice to Management

Realistic Goals

Run don't jog or walk

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Work from home, PTO time

Cons

I left a lucrative position because of an unpleasant work environment. I was told by the recruiter the rookie was making $50,000 a year..so not true! This would still have been a pay cut but doable. I was the top sales person at my old position and could barely give these memberships away. They are overpriced and the matches are horrible. In most states there isn't even enough matches. You have to lie to these poor people who want to find love and continuously call people who have asked numerous times not to be called. The management is so phony in an almost cult like way. They have all the same answers when questions arise. I lasted 3 months. The pay @ 8.50 an hours is unrealistic and then with the draw you might as well kiss the good week you may have been lucky to have goodbye by the next pay. All these reviews that are good are from the home office which is a complete joke. This company should be called It's just Lies!!!

Advice to Management

Need to clean house it's almost cult like how they all sound the same and give the same answers no matter what the question.

10. Fun, Supportive and Awesome

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Our team of managers are Amazing!! They are supportive and helpful. It's Just Lunch provides wonderful training that is informative and fun! Our main focus is on our clients. Providing them with quality, fun 1st dates!!!

Cons

No cons just a Wonderful job being able to add love, laughter and happiness to our clients lives.

Advice to Management

What a wonderful team and I'm so happy to have the chance to be apart of their team.

Its Just Lunch is a Great Company

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

work from home; no weekend work required; company provides your equipment; great potential to make a lot of money with really hard work and a lot of luck

Cons

unrealistic sales goals for new and veteran sales associates

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals that can be achieved by the average person within a reasonable amount of time. Remove leads that are not reachable or not interested.

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo