It's Just Lunch

Employer Engaged

Worst Company

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working from home, weekends off

Cons

Low pay, unrealstic expectations, too many cooks in the kitchen, ripping clients off , Micro Managed, worst training , not place you want work for it's revolving door.

Stop having mutiple webnars per week this slows down sales reps production and provide bad training repeating the same song over and over again. Second you need to pay your people better and stop micro managing your people. Provide fresh and new leads not leads that are 10 yrs old and need more updated technogly database is old and out dated. Have realtisic expectations which is not the case at this place too much pie in sky fluff.

My experience has been positive and financially gratifying. The "work as a team" approach is a proven plus!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Consistent training and access to management helps when setting goals and achieving them! Employees are constantly recognized for their efforts and success and are shared in weekly/monthly meetings with all. There are often contests with prizes such as cash, gift cards, etc.

Cons

The challenges with this type of career are the same as with any. Setting and reaching goals and maintaining a positive attitude during the slow times. Not every week may be as good as the last, but it will all come back around. Managing time is always a difficult task and it's very important to keep on task as to not fall behind!

Does it get any better than this?

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for this company and I will give you just a few examples. From the very first day, the positive attitude and support that came thru in training gave me such self confidence and I believe that I have grown tremendously as a human being because of that. I truly believe in what we do and I think that it is the key. I wake up every morning and I am excited to get started and the best part is doing it in the comfort of my home office. The best part of it is that I get to help people find love...does it get any better than this?

Cons

I absolutely love my job and to me there is no negative. My clients always tell me you seem so happy doing your job and I am.I am always surprised when I hear of a client that didn't enjoy their experience with IJL but that comes mainly from past employees that may have made unrealistic promises to the clients and that is one reason why they might have not enjoyed their experiences with IJL.

I think the key to the success of our company is mostly based on the management team, the constant training and webinars and the support that we all get. I don’t know of many companies where you can reach your manager at 10:00 at night or as early as 7:30 in the morning, or even get answers to emails on Sundays afternoon and it has happened on a lot of different occasions. They are all so supportive and positive in their approach that they help me tremendously! I have also very close relationship with the dating directors as we are in contact every day and what a great team they are, I couldn’t do my job without them!

LUCKY TO WORK FOR SUCH A GREAT COMPANY!

Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A typical day at work would include finding love for our clients and getting to know our new clients. Listening is key in this position. The atmosphere is great. Bonus structure makes it even better! Hard work will get you there. We strive to make people happy.The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing another success story! Can't get better than that!

Cons

You must be diligent.. You have to accomplish a lot of things in a day! Multitasking is a must!

The management is great and always open to listening to new ideas. Open door policy in place.. CEO Melissa is fantastic, VP of Operations Julie is always there for you, Tia the CS manager is there when you need her, and HR Dennis is always there to help!

It's Just Lunch is the Career you want, ONLY if you have Passion, Truly Care about People & Love seeing lives change!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

IJL has the Team and Process in place to help you succeed in a healthy and positive environment. The training and support never ends. Each member of management has a positive method to drive improvement, which is rare in a corporation of this size. The earning potential can be extremely rewarding, not to mention playing an active role to help our clients find Love through positive dating experiences.

Cons

Honestly, I can not find a Con in the corporate structure. This position has been more of a challenge for me personally to become a top producer, however it's not anything within the company structure. It's a process that takes time and continued skill development.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

Not a happy place to work

Current Employee - Dating Specialist
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paid training? Although half the time your trainer will not be paying attention. They will be on-line trying to help other new employees.

Cons

Little support, lay you off after 30 days if you do not make a sale, very hard to sell the product. I had very high hopes when I accepted this job. After training you are on an island by yourself with very little support, help or advice. They teach you to lie and promise things to people they cannot possibly offer.

Listen and help new employees.

I wish I did not have to move and leave my job

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, great culture, fun place to work (virtually form home- lol), awesome service by making a difference in people lives is something to feel good about, Performance based income was a perfect fit for me and the ability to earn over $100k if I just apply myself, which I did. Leads are plentiful and if you work hard and understand that this is sales and sales are a numbers game, you can earn a lot if you just do your job correctly. I made a lot of money from the leads, some new, some old, some very old, but they all worked for me, the good thing was I did not have to find my own clients, they had so many people for me to call.

Cons

The cry baby coworkers who come to work just to collect a check and barely earn it, and then complain they don't make enough money. STOP CALLING ME TO COMPLAIN WHEN YOU KNOW I AM DOING WELL, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU ANYMORE, IT'S YOU, NOT IJL! GEEZ! Some people always point fingers at everyone else but themselves, IT'S YOU, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!
    Look if you want to work for salary and get by doing minimum work go work somewhere else. This is a performance based job (Commission), which means you need to perform!!! There is nothing standing between you and a great income but yourself, and too many people would rather blame someone else or the company instead of taking responsibility for their own actions and then complain to the world - Wah Wah! Go call a WAMBULANCE!

I know you have budgets and such, but perhaps a few more ways to get bonuses, or contests or prizes, etc- they motivate people to go above and beyond, I know it works for me! Perhaps win a trip to visit the office in South Florida (did someone say free winter vacation in the sun?).

Unorganized management

I worked at It's Just Lunch part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pros for working with this company is the extra money.

Cons

The cons of this company include: Poor management- The management was unorganized and did not pay me in a timely manner. I often had to wait months for a paycheck. They would misplace my invoices which would result in delayed payments. Unhappy clients- The company would treat our clients like a factory line. Dates were randomly set up and the clients preferences were not taken into consideration.

Take the clients into consideration!

RIDICULOUS Business Model!

I worked at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Hearing feedback about the dates was hilarious! This was one of the only "fun" things about this job. It was great when the people you matched hit it off but that wasn't all that often. Everyone thought they deserved a young super model even if they were a washed up aging troll and vice versa.

Cons

There was no integrity and yes, I was trained, coached and repeatedly asked to LIE to people at this job on the phone about LOTS of things. After a few months it was time to get out of this nightmare of a job. I took the high road and never posted any negative comments but after seeing the ridiculous and retaliatory posts by IJL uppers on this site I simply had to speak up. You sound like mean girls from a snotty sorority back in the 1990's. Can't WAIT to see your response Ladies!!!!!

Look in the mirror and realize how unhealthy it is when you lie so much you believe your own lies.

be careful accepting a position from this company

Former Employee - Matchmaker/Dating Specialist/Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Matchmaker/Dating Specialist/Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

training pay is $14.00 an hour

Cons

I went through a whole week of training to be a dating specialist doing sales for them. Work from home position so the whole training was done over the phone in conference calls. There was around 20 other new hires on the calls in the same training. Red flag #1, how is company ALWAYS hiring and how are they hiring that many people at once all of the time/. To make a long story short I was let go 5 minutes after the training ended that friday with the excuse the it wouldn't work out in the long run. I know I wasn't the only on e let go. It is a cattle call. They resin you for a week, leading you on to believe that you have a secure position with the company and then pull the rug out from under you at the end of training if they want to. I would not waist your time. They have horrible reviews EVERYWHERE! DO your research. I did and ignored the horrible reviews and all it got me was a whole week of time that I will never get back! Jerks!

Please be honest to people. It would had been acceptable if I was told that if after training I wasn't what you were looking for I would be let go. Instead you choose to lead people on. It's not right and it's bad business.

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo