It's Just Lunch

Updated November 25, 2014
2.9

It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • The only benefit is you get to work from home (in 19 reviews)

• The best part of it is that I get to help people find love (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads (in 6 reviews)

• It honestly seems like the dating directors are basically set up to fail and given impossible to reach numbers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

It's Just Lunch is the Career you want, ONLY if you have Passion, Truly Care about People & Love seeing lives change!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

IJL has the Team and Process in place to help you succeed in a healthy and positive environment. The training and support never ends. Each member of management has a positive method to drive improvement, which is rare in a corporation of this size. The earning potential can be extremely rewarding, not to mention playing an active role to help our clients find Love through positive dating experiences.

Cons

Honestly, I can not find a Con in the corporate structure. This position has been more of a challenge for me personally to become a top producer, however it's not anything within the company structure. It's a process that takes time and continued skill development.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

Not a happy place to work

Current Employee - Dating Specialist
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid training? Although half the time your trainer will not be paying attention. They will be on-line trying to help other new employees.

Cons

Little support, lay you off after 30 days if you do not make a sale, very hard to sell the product. I had very high hopes when I accepted this job. After training you are on an island by yourself with very little support, help or advice. They teach you to lie and promise things to people they cannot possibly offer.

Listen and help new employees.

LUCKY TO WORK FOR SUCH A GREAT COMPANY!

Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A typical day at work would include finding love for our clients and getting to know our new clients. Listening is key in this position. The atmosphere is great. Bonus structure makes it even better! Hard work will get you there. We strive to make people happy.The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing another success story! Can't get better than that!

Cons

You must be diligent.. You have to accomplish a lot of things in a day! Multitasking is a must!

The management is great and always open to listening to new ideas. Open door policy in place.. CEO Melissa is fantastic, VP of Operations Julie is always there for you, Tia the CS manager is there when you need her, and HR Dennis is always there to help!

I wish I did not have to move and leave my job

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, great culture, fun place to work (virtually form home- lol), awesome service by making a difference in people lives is something to feel good about, Performance based income was a perfect fit for me and the ability to earn over $100k if I just apply myself, which I did. Leads are plentiful and if you work hard and understand that this is sales and sales are a numbers game, you can earn a lot if you just do your job correctly. I made a lot of money from the leads, some new, some old, some very old, but they all worked for me, the good thing was I did not have to find my own clients, they had so many people for me to call.

Cons

The cry baby coworkers who come to work just to collect a check and barely earn it, and then complain they don't make enough money. STOP CALLING ME TO COMPLAIN WHEN YOU KNOW I AM DOING WELL, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU ANYMORE, IT'S YOU, NOT IJL! GEEZ! Some people always point fingers at everyone else but themselves, IT'S YOU, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!
    Look if you want to work for salary and get by doing minimum work go work somewhere else. This is a performance based job (Commission), which means you need to perform!!! There is nothing standing between you and a great income but yourself, and too many people would rather blame someone else or the company instead of taking responsibility for their own actions and then complain to the world - Wah Wah! Go call a WAMBULANCE!

I know you have budgets and such, but perhaps a few more ways to get bonuses, or contests or prizes, etc- they motivate people to go above and beyond, I know it works for me! Perhaps win a trip to visit the office in South Florida (did someone say free winter vacation in the sun?).

Unorganized management

I worked at It's Just Lunch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pros for working with this company is the extra money.

Cons

The cons of this company include: Poor management- The management was unorganized and did not pay me in a timely manner. I often had to wait months for a paycheck. They would misplace my invoices which would result in delayed payments. Unhappy clients- The company would treat our clients like a factory line. Dates were randomly set up and the clients preferences were not taken into consideration.

Take the clients into consideration!

RIDICULOUS Business Model!

I worked at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Hearing feedback about the dates was hilarious! This was one of the only "fun" things about this job. It was great when the people you matched hit it off but that wasn't all that often. Everyone thought they deserved a young super model even if they were a washed up aging troll and vice versa.

Cons

There was no integrity and yes, I was trained, coached and repeatedly asked to LIE to people at this job on the phone about LOTS of things. After a few months it was time to get out of this nightmare of a job. I took the high road and never posted any negative comments but after seeing the ridiculous and retaliatory posts by IJL uppers on this site I simply had to speak up. You sound like mean girls from a snotty sorority back in the 1990's. Can't WAIT to see your response Ladies!!!!!

Look in the mirror and realize how unhealthy it is when you lie so much you believe your own lies.

be careful accepting a position from this company

Former Employee - Matchmaker/Dating Specialist/Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Matchmaker/Dating Specialist/Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

training pay is $14.00 an hour

Cons

I went through a whole week of training to be a dating specialist doing sales for them. Work from home position so the whole training was done over the phone in conference calls. There was around 20 other new hires on the calls in the same training. Red flag #1, how is company ALWAYS hiring and how are they hiring that many people at once all of the time/. To make a long story short I was let go 5 minutes after the training ended that friday with the excuse the it wouldn't work out in the long run. I know I wasn't the only on e let go. It is a cattle call. They resin you for a week, leading you on to believe that you have a secure position with the company and then pull the rug out from under you at the end of training if they want to. I would not waist your time. They have horrible reviews EVERYWHERE! DO your research. I did and ignored the horrible reviews and all it got me was a whole week of time that I will never get back! Jerks!

Please be honest to people. It would had been acceptable if I was told that if after training I wasn't what you were looking for I would be let go. Instead you choose to lead people on. It's not right and it's bad business.

Worst Place to EVER Work for .... PERIOD !!!!!!

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro for working at this company is the option of working home

Cons

This company wants to program you to memorize a script to sell their services verbatim from hello to goodbye . You are not allowed to choose your own verbiage . You are fed lies about your potential success. You are lying and soliciting potential clients ( who may have inquired as far back as 10 years ) about the pool of candidates to date . Again, the most ABSOLUTE company to work for . I am not one to write reviews but I cannot allow anyone to consider this company without them knowing my experience ...

Set true expectations when interviewing candidates .

Sep 9, 2014Human Resources Director

Our Team delivers information about our services in a structured way as to ensure the information is correct and precise with a guideline presentation to help. All employees have the same potential ... More

Started out great but went downhill...quickly-not exactly how they portrayed the position during interview/training.

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only benefit is you get to work from home. However in order to make any money you still need to work late hours.

Cons

The commission structure and programs keep changing. Used to be a year membership for 2-3k and now we can only offer a 6 mo membership fo 3-5k...very hard sell!!! No longer competitive with other dating services and with the changes in commission structure, my income will be well below 40k this year.

Stop changing the commission structure and programs, unless you can make it better. Shorter and shorter memberships, less and less commission make it very hard to stay motivated with the company.

Sep 9, 2014Human Resources Director

We offer a variety of membership packages to best suit our client’s needs. We also modify packages and introduce new levels of membership to meet the changing need and requests of our clients. We ... More

Laid back easy job where you place people on mostly bad dates that they complain about

Former Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, dental benefit is among best of of any job I have ever worked and unlimited bonus structure is great.

Cons

Very shady sales team
    Poor management the "managers" are a joke
    Clueless employees

Have sales team only sign up truly qualified quality clients and not just anybody willing to shell out the expensive amount it costs to join. Allow for growth in the company as well and please make the hiring process harder then simply passing the NFL's wonderlic test. Hire people with great customer service skills and who will actually place hard work in matching process as I did when employed. Also please refund some of the people who have been signed up under false pretenses or who have been under serviced due to unprofessional employees who lack any common sense and apparently the ability to read peoples profiles.

Sep 9, 2014Human Resources Director

Not all potential clients are accepted for membership. We are in the business of matching our clients and we only accept a client if we are able to provide quality matches. We take great pride in ... More

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo