It's Just Lunch Reviews

very high stress level

Former Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great money, fun community events and strong supportive office staff

Cons

extremely stressful, long hours, phone sales, poor upper management

Advice to Management

Focus more on the company values versus meeting and exceeding office quotas. People can hear that you are money hungry over the phone.

So far so good

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

The team you work with are very sociable and accommodate to the schedule you need.

Cons

Seems like there is a lot of turnover in the main office. Also when policies change the training is not transferred to remote workers.

Advice to Management

Keep everyone in the loop with better communication.

Nope nope nope nope

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You worked from home, paid training.

Cons

Sitting in front of a computer for hours, reading from scripts, cold calls to people who have been harassed by the company for years just because one night they thought they might like to try a dating service.

Advice to Management

Be better people.

My experience has been positive and financially gratifying. The "work as a team" approach is a proven plus!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent training and access to management helps when setting goals and achieving them! Employees are constantly recognized for their efforts and success and are shared in weekly/monthly meetings with all. There are often contests with prizes such as cash, gift cards, etc.

Cons

The challenges with this type of career are the same as with any. Setting and reaching goals and maintaining a positive attitude during the slow times. Not every week may be as good as the last, but it will all come back around. Managing time is always a difficult task and it's very important to keep on task as to not fall behind!

The Real It's Just Lunch Review (as a Dating Director)

Former Employee - Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexibility, we work fairly independently and for the most part are allowed to do our jobs without being micromanaged. The staff is filled with nice people who are friendly and make working at a job like this as fun as possible. Over all the environment is an inviting one. They host events in office and try to encourage as positive a work environment as possible. We get random pizza parties and birthday cake monthly to encourage positivity. Working with clients and being in part responsible for their romantic success is rewarding and can make all the difference in the word. The job on a basic level is fun and the office staff does an excellent job of making the most out of it. In terms of management they do want you to be successful on a personal level so that makes you feel like you can ask for help. Also the hours are nice, the basic shifts are 10 am to 7 pm and 12 pm to 9 pm, pick your poison. Also, the company is very giving when it comes to time off. They are understanding with last minute changes and patient when your schedule changes. The paid time off is a nice addition and the benefits are surprisingly good once you become eligible for them after 90 days, including free dental! Also there is a generous bonus structure (i will speak more about that in the cons section)

Cons

Well...let's start with the pay. At $12.00 and hour you can barely live off that. There's no such thing as raises at this company although they do provide a seemingly generous bonus structure. However it's misleading, the standard way to bonus is by scheduling an above average number of dates and making sure a large majority percentage of your clients are serviced however it's bafflingly hard to hit even the minimum standards for a bonus. Only 1 or 2 people at the company do it with any regularity...if at all. It honestly seems like the dating directors are basically set up to fail and given impossible to reach numbers. I would be shocked if the company did not realize how laughably unrealistic it is to reach the bonus level, yet they seem not to care. I must admit it is frustrating getting the idea of the bonus structure rammed down your throat when nobody can actually hit it. Although management appears to try their best, the company itself seems to not at all value to position of dating director, despite it literally being the backbone of the company. In general the dating director has a lot of responsibility, takes most of the blame yet simultaneously has the least power and say and makes the least money of anyone in the company. Clients can also be shockingly ignorant and rude however that's not the company's fault however I do feel the expectations given to the clientèle are out of whack and lead to future issues.

Advice to Management

I don't think this review will make a difference this company will keep on truckin as they have been successful despite the criticisms and many lawsuits against them. The company could care less about suggestions good or bad from anyone. Although there are many negatives to working at IJL, I would like to take the time to say that there are also many positives and even though my employment as a dating director ended somewhat abruptly, I still believe that this company does a lot of good and can be much better than the the flawed product they often deliver. I teetered and tottered between 2 and 3 stars as an overall rating but I think 3 is fair.

Also...there's no need to put these fake reviews on here, you're embarrassing yourselves. People can see right through the overly positive reviews and know they aren't genuine.

Worst Company

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home, weekends off

Cons

Low pay, unrealstic expectations, too many cooks in the kitchen, ripping clients off , Micro Managed, worst training , not place you want work for it's revolving door.

Advice to Management

Stop having mutiple webnars per week this slows down sales reps production and provide bad training repeating the same song over and over again. Second you need to pay your people better and stop micro managing your people. Provide fresh and new leads not leads that are 10 yrs old and need more updated technogly database is old and out dated. Have realtisic expectations which is not the case at this place too much pie in sky fluff.

Does it get any better than this?

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for this company and I will give you just a few examples. From the very first day, the positive attitude and support that came thru in training gave me such self confidence and I believe that I have grown tremendously as a human being because of that. I truly believe in what we do and I think that it is the key. I wake up every morning and I am excited to get started and the best part is doing it in the comfort of my home office. The best part of it is that I get to help people find love...does it get any better than this?

Cons

I absolutely love my job and to me there is no negative. My clients always tell me you seem so happy doing your job and I am.I am always surprised when I hear of a client that didn't enjoy their experience with IJL but that comes mainly from past employees that may have made unrealistic promises to the clients and that is one reason why they might have not enjoyed their experiences with IJL.

Advice to Management

I think the key to the success of our company is mostly based on the management team, the constant training and webinars and the support that we all get. I don’t know of many companies where you can reach your manager at 10:00 at night or as early as 7:30 in the morning, or even get answers to emails on Sundays afternoon and it has happened on a lot of different occasions. They are all so supportive and positive in their approach that they help me tremendously! I have also very close relationship with the dating directors as we are in contact every day and what a great team they are, I couldn’t do my job without them!

It's Just Lunch is the Career you want, ONLY if you have Passion, Truly Care about People & Love seeing lives change!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

IJL has the Team and Process in place to help you succeed in a healthy and positive environment. The training and support never ends. Each member of management has a positive method to drive improvement, which is rare in a corporation of this size. The earning potential can be extremely rewarding, not to mention playing an active role to help our clients find Love through positive dating experiences.

Cons

Honestly, I can not find a Con in the corporate structure. This position has been more of a challenge for me personally to become a top producer, however it's not anything within the company structure. It's a process that takes time and continued skill development.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

LUCKY TO WORK FOR SUCH A GREAT COMPANY!

Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A typical day at work would include finding love for our clients and getting to know our new clients. Listening is key in this position. The atmosphere is great. Bonus structure makes it even better! Hard work will get you there. We strive to make people happy.The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing another success story! Can't get better than that!

Cons

You must be diligent.. You have to accomplish a lot of things in a day! Multitasking is a must!

Advice to Management

The management is great and always open to listening to new ideas. Open door policy in place.. CEO Melissa is fantastic, VP of Operations Julie is always there for you, Tia the CS manager is there when you need her, and HR Dennis is always there to help!

Not a happy place to work

Current Employee - Dating Specialist
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training? Although half the time your trainer will not be paying attention. They will be on-line trying to help other new employees.

Cons

Little support, lay you off after 30 days if you do not make a sale, very hard to sell the product. I had very high hopes when I accepted this job. After training you are on an island by yourself with very little support, help or advice. They teach you to lie and promise things to people they cannot possibly offer.

Advice to Management

Listen and help new employees.

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo