It's Just Lunch

Updated November 25, 2014
2.9

It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • The only benefit is you get to work from home (in 19 reviews)

• The best part of it is that I get to help people find love (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads (in 6 reviews)

• It honestly seems like the dating directors are basically set up to fail and given impossible to reach numbers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

"it's not for everyone"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Modern offices with nice color combinations.

Cons

There is money to be made you just have to be comfortable misleading people and taking advantage of those who are in a low point of their lives. You only get paid commission if you hit "quota", miss it by a hair and you get nothing but base, which is minimal. If you want to learn more about your potential clients, just read the reviews.

Stop demoralizing your employees and maybe your turnover would not be so high. And for the love of Jesus, stop posting fake positive reviews on here. It just annoys people further when they find out the truth.

Sep 9, 2014Human Resources Director

It’’s Just Lunch has over twenty-three years of successfully matching its clients who join the service for a variety of reasons. We offer more than one compensation package and all employees have ... More

Fantastic Company to work for! I highly recommend the Dallas office!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for It’s Just Lunch has been a great experience. I absolutely love both the people I work with and the clients I work for. Each day is a new and exciting experience. It’s Just Lunch represents such a unique industry in all facets. I love being able to bring all of my skills to one industry to provide excellent customer relations for a dynamic team. This industry is unique as it is very fluid and new opportunities present themselves daily. I find it extremely fulfilling helping people find happiness. The best feeling in the world is finding out a match hit it off and enjoyed one another’s company to steady relationships, to engagements, weddings, and babies. I’ve been given the honor of hearing about all the success stories. The most rewarding part of my job is helping people step outside their comfort zones, take risks, believe in themselves, and find love. Dating isn’t easy. It takes courage and sometimes it takes a little push in the right direction. It brings me so much joy to know that I played a small role in the happiness of a successful match. I love knowing I help make fairy tales come true one match at a time! I would recommend working for IJL to anyone who has a passion to work with people in their most personal aspect of their life!

Cons

Some of the challenges of working in an industry that is so personal is that the clients are emotionally invested in addition to the financial investment. The component of being emotionally invested adds an element of irrationality sometimes. People react emotionally instead of logically and all their insecurities start coming forward. You have to be able to empathize and counsel clients. You have to have people skills and effective communication skills. If you do, you will be successful.

I think corporate does a great job training all new employees and keeping seasoned employees motivated and passionate about continuing success. Advanced Director Trainings always get the Directors refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the world again!

LOVING my job!

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Membership Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's Just Lunch is a great company to work for! The management team has always been extremely supportive. I love my co-workers and could not ask for a better team to work with! I truly enjoy working with my clients and helping them find love!

Cons

Like any job, there can be days that are more challenging than others. Staying positive and having a good work ethic is key.

I can't think of anything! Love my boss!

Dallas IJL Happy Employee

Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Dating Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for other dating services in the past and I can honestly say that It's Just Lunch has great business ethics. I am excited to work with my clients and get to know them on a personal level. My income has gone up since I started working here. The wonderful thing about working with IJL is getting to help my clients with their love life and making life long friends along the way!

I absolutely love the team I work with. We all play an important roll with servicing our clients.

Cons

This is definitely a sales position. Like any sales job, you have to work hard to play hard. You have to be hard working, competitive, and know the industry. The training you get from corporate will help you with your success in this career.

None! I like how management is motivation, competitive, and understanding.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE TOTAL SCAM TOTAL MESS OF A JOB

Former Employee - Dating Director in Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Director in Hallandale, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Only pro is that you get an hr lunch and your work day begins at 11...

Cons

EVERYTHING Basically!! Lets begin with your training it is approx. a week long where for the the 5 days that you are there you are going over a detailed script used to greet new members that join. oh and you basically do some practice calls. upon actually being assigned a territory because Hallandale is the "corporate" office where pretty much all the dating directors are based out of. so you are assigned a territory and forced to match daters up based little to no similarities or common interest. You have a query which is a list telling you who needs to be serviced and sent on a date in a timely fashion before we are at risk of giving them back their money.. BY THE WAY these poor customers dont realize that YOU WILL NEVER EVEEEER get your money back.. hahah poor things.. IJL is filled with lies and jmore lies honestly if they were paying the dating directors atleast 15 dollars an hr maybe more people would actually put up with the job. In order to bonus you are asked to make over 25 dates a weem where in some territorities that is nearly impossible. There is only one lady there that manages to nail it weekly haha 40 odd dates a week.. smh by literally forcing people to go on dates or by tweaking the system who knows. OVER ALL if you have a heart and want to hold on to your sanity dont even bother with this job.. NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!!

DO BETTER!!!

Sep 9, 2014Human Resources Director

It’s Just Lunch is about people, our clients. Dating directors guide and assist our clients throughout their memberships to provide a positive dating experience.IJL has worked with many clients ... More

No Integrity at this Company

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

1) There is money to be made
    2) Work from home

Cons

1) They lie to you in training about expectations
    2) Management has a very short term oriented thinking
    3) No regard for agents
    4) Company is brutally dishonest to customers. I left because I started getting sick at how manipulative and dishonest of an organization I was part of

Look into hiring a company that works in the field of transformation for organizations. Your profits will probably go up and you'll be treating people in a way that allows everyone to sleep at night. WIthout integrity, nothing works and this company makes money DESPITE Its lack of integrity behavior - not because of it.

Sep 9, 2014Human Resources Director

Many of our employees exceed expectations and earn a great living. All employees are fully aware of our expectations from the commencement of training. We provide ongoing support to our new and ... More

Run the other way!!!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The list is short. I guess I would say after working here you can work anywhere else and instantly have a higher self esteem and a lot of patience and be very good at your phone skills.

Cons

They rip off clients left and right. It's sickening. There will only be in some areas maybe 5 clients total. You are told to sell them based off one client being open. They let people join for $199 and others pay $5,000 being told there is hundreds of thousands of matches when in reality there is ZERO except our current clients. They take on participants for free and try to get employees to refer their friends and family to date clients. Clients get to work with $12/hr paid dating directors that don't care about their job. Clients get stood up because they are told to go to the wrong place at the wrong time and this is truly not a match making company. It's a disfuctional company that only cares about making money. They do not care about their employees. They pay $8.50 an hour plus commission which amounts to poverty income for most and 1% of the employees might bring home the bacon. If you are wanting to be a client, run. If you are wanting to work here, your nuts.

Have some heart for your employees. It should be apparent by all the good people leaving, that this is not going in a positive manner. Also maybe provide Prozac when you hire people. Eventually they will need it.

Jul 31, 2014Human Resources Director

Our Dating Specialists present a value proposition to clients and if they feel they are a fit for our services, they may join as a member. There are different levels of membership with different ... More

TOP TIER

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are so many pros. This company has top tier training that continues throughout. The trainers have all had success as sales reps and share the things that made them successful. I have been in sales for many years so I have seen a lot. Let me tell you, these people have got talent and skill that they enjoy sharing with you. You can hear it in their voices that they really want you to succeed. And when you do, as you will with this product, they are genuinely excited for you!
    The management is always available to assist you in an instant and we have access to all of the training and management staff.
    The base compensation is competitive and the commission structure is nothing short of generous. Add to that a product that has great value and thus sells and you have potential for a lucrative income. The location is Choice!!
    It's Just Lunch has a corporate culture that fosters team work, and success. What ever your goal, you have a full staff of people who have done it themselves to assist you in reaching it. All you have to do is ask.
    Put all of these things together and you have is an organization that is TOP TIER!!

Cons

If you are someone has a good work ethic, you should find yourself working very hard. The job is so much fun that you can look up and realize that you have not taken a break in 3-4 hours.

You Gotta Love What You Do, Or It Won't Work.

Former Employee - Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at IJL for over a year. Yes, it is a VERY, EXTREMELY, and BEYOND stressful job, and it is NOT for everyone. Understanding the nature of the business has to be the first step. It's an emotional industry, for both clients and staff. Dating Directors get criticized no matter what. But at the end of the day, the clients come to you, because you are the professional (You gotta believe in yourself!). It's A LOT of pressure, but oh-so rewarding.

Cons

The main con is the pay. It isn't great, but it isn't horrible either. There are definitely days when you feel seriously overworked and extremely underpaid, but who doesn't feel that way every now and then?

While employed at IJL, management did make a HUGE effort to improve their relationship with the staff. Compassion is key, to clients and definitely to the employees, and showing your staff that you appreciate their hard work *especially to those who are dedicated to what they do), is VERY important. IJL has A LOT of potential. I wish them continued success.

Alot of potential

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible Work schedule, work from home, uncapped earning potential, positive work environment

Cons

Like any sales job, it can be extremely challenging, especially the nature of this sale. In order to succeed here you must be quick, sharp, and hardworking-and willing to work on the weekends. It's NOT an easy job..

None, I truly appreciated the management style of IJL- they really did their best to help me excel at my job

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo