It's Just Lunch Reviews

111 reviews filtered by

It's Just Lunch - Sales Trainer

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Trainer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Trainer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers, great management staff, flexible schedule, opportunities to work from home, lots of growth opportunity, competitive salary

Cons

If you are not self motivated and driven or a person that requires constant supervision and/or micro-management this is may not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow this wonderful team of people

What a JOKE!

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was fun talking to people about their love life, I was very interested in helping clients find true love.

Cons

New reps are given leads that are YEARS old, some as old as TEN YEARS! Required to call them repeatedly to try and get them to join. I was hung up on several times a day, cussed at b/c I left a v/m and their wife heard it and assumed he was looking for someone new. All around, the people at this company are FAKE! Sales Managers are all chipper and upbeat and sing-songy on training calls and when you talk to them one on one, they sound MEAN and unapproachable.

Advice to Management

Don't be so fake. Give employees something to WORK with, not ten year old leads!

May 27, 2014Human Resources Director

We appreciate when employees post truthful reviews, whether positive or negative, we appreciate the truth, and in this case, we simply respect your right to post, even if not accurate. To clarify ... More

Pathetic sadness....

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, that I can think, maybe that you get to work from home?

Cons

Horrifyingly bad management, sad, really sad data base of "potential matches" So, basically, they are ripping people off for thousands of dollars when they really don't have a match for them. People are better off taking their chances at match.com or plenty of fish or even eharmony. An article recently posted to The Wall Street Journal stated that match.com has hit the 25 MILLION marker for active profiles. At least there they have some guys/gals to choose from. It's Just Lunch not so much. They are having their employees call leads from two, three even four years ago. Trying to pressure them into joining. Glorified telemarketing rip off and that is for the client. The employees make 140-175 phone calls a day trying to get people to pay a few thousand dollars to join. Now, that is a a lot of no;s and hang ups. If you don't care about making 150 calls a day, reading from a script and getting hung up on. Then you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Look at the way you run your business. From training that was a total joke, they were trying to train 30 people at one time. It is completely inconceivable that they can train (virtually) that many people and get a true read on each individual. For a company that considers themselves so personal...There is NOTHING less personal than their ridiculous training. The way you treat your employees and your clients will come back around to bite you on the butt. That is way it works it;s called KARMA!!!!!

May 27, 2014Human Resources Director

We realize that not everyone who is hired turns out to be a good fit and that it is not necessarily a poor reflection on them or the company, it was just not a good fit; but this can lead to some ... More

Hi Pressure and lie to customers

Former Employee - Matchmaker
    Former Employee - Matchmaker

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of one reason why I would recommend a person to work here.

Cons

They have a script that you read to customers. The man and woman you talk about are ideal and the person you are talking to thinks that is the type of people you have for them to date. The truth is you lie,lie lie, to customers. It is all about making money. That's it. The people that work there are not trained matchmakers. They are hired off of the street and trained only on how to read the script and sell to the customer. The data base is small, thus the reviews on being matched with people they don't want to date. They sign up ANYONE who has the money. I had to quit because I felt taking money from these people so I could make a living was immoral. They call up people that have a lot of money and upsell them a "deluxe" membership and then go thru old expired members or current ones and send them on dates. There are no special events - total total scam. Disgusting

Advice to Management

You should close this scam.

May 27, 2014Human Resources Director

We appreciate reviews, whether positive or negative and welcome the feedback, but would like to correct a few misstatements.Our Dating Specialists have produced over 2,000,000 first dates and ... More

Misleading

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home if you choose.

Cons

Management asks employees to write positive reviews for this site. Management and trainers totally mislead about position and how much money you will make. It's a joke 10 year old leads unhappy clients. 1% of dating specialist will make a living wage. Lets not forget massive firings every few weeks. Company has been around 22 years yet employees with top seniority have 3 years in. Wonder why?

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and firing!

May 9, 2014Human Resources Director

LOVE my job - SO much opportunity in a fun enviroment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive management, fun atmosphere, team environment, motivating and ongoing training, continued development, opportunity to be financially successful, fun contests and incentives, no day is the same. Management takes serious time to develop their employees and help them to grow within the company and sharpen their skills. I LOVE talking to clients and hearing their feedback, success stories are coming in on a regular basis - I enjoy developing relationships and trust with clients and co-workers in an emotional business. Ultimately, the best part is changing lives for the better!

Cons

Dating is an emotional thing, so tough conversations with clients will happen. BUT, sometimes those tough and honest conversations are what help us follow up with the perfect match moving forward. Further, if you want to be successful you need to put in the time and the work. You can't be 75% committed to your role, you have to be all in to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continued training and development for all employees.

This company runs a total scam!

Former Employee - Dating Specialist
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home if you choose

Cons

It's Just Lunch does not deliver what it promises to their clients. They only match people according to age and location. New inside sales reps are given leads ten year old leads to call and more often than not the phone numbers no longer belong to those leads or the people are married. They continue to call people on a monthly basis that asked to be put on the "do not call list". This is basically a telemarketing job where you have to lie to get sales. Run for your life!

May 9, 2014Human Resources Director

At It's Just Lunch, we promise our clients a minimum number of matches that lead to dates. We match our clients based on numerous criteria including religion, ethnicity, kids, hobbies, interests and ... More

If you want to change people's lives for the better and earn a lot of money doing it, It's Just Lunch is for you!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Aventura, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Aventura, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management staff is very sharp and have all been top producers doing my job so I am confident in them.

commissions are lucrative

Management has a hands on approach while NOT micro-managing

Recognition is there and you definitely feel like a part of a team

Cons

Sometimes the system has hiccups. This sort of thing happens in every job I've ever had but at least here they quickly send out a company email and re-boot the system accordingly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! I love the webinars and I couldn't ask for a better manager than MaryLynn!!

This was my worst work experience.

Former Employee - Matchmaker in Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Matchmaker in Hallandale, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job was entertaining at best.

Cons

The company has no values. What they pitch to their customers is not what the customer gets. They make it seem as if the customer is getting high-end customized service and that there are dozens of great matches for these customers. The reality is that it is a call center and when it comes to match making, anything goes...as long as it's a boy and a girl, it's a match!

Advice to Management

Lose the call center and go back to the original concept.

May 9, 2014Human Resources Director

At It's Just Lunch, we match our clients based on numerous criteria including age, religion, ethnicity, kids, hobbies, interests, etc.. We have way over 2,000,000 matches and thousands of marriages ... More

Worse Job I ever had....gave 1 star only because I had to.

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Dishonesty from day one. Lie, cheat do whatever it takes to make a sell. 22 Years in business however very few employees have over 2 years seniority. Ask why before you take this job. Ask why are masses of sales specialist hired every 2 weeks. Ask why masses of employees are fired every 2-3 weeks. The money is made by only the top 3-4 % of sales specialist. No integrity in this company. Look into the lawsuits before you take this job.

Advice to Management

You are the only ones that benefit from this company, that includes clients and employees. Rethink this. Stop forcing employees to write good reviews.

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo