It's Just Lunch

Updated November 25, 2014
2.9

It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • The only benefit is you get to work from home (in 19 reviews)

• The best part of it is that I get to help people find love (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads (in 6 reviews)

• It honestly seems like the dating directors are basically set up to fail and given impossible to reach numbers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Working for Its Just Lunch is such a great opportunity!

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for Its Just Lunch has been such a great experience. They provide ongoing training, support, and a positive work environment. I have never worked for a company with the ongoing training, support, and positive management that they have at IJL. I love going to work everyday because of the positive passionate energy that makes working fun. Everyone is so passionate about the clients, their wants, needs and helping them reach their relationship goals. It is a great feeling to work with my clients, I care about all of them and so does management. They provide incentives, training, support, and work very hard to help you reach your goals.

Cons

For me there are no cons, you have to have the ability to learn and believe in what you do. Work hard for your clients and have the passion to change lives. For me it is all positive, but if you are not a compassionate person then it could be difficult because you really have to care for your clients.

Keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for not only changing our clients lives but mine as well.

This company runs a total scam!

Former Employee - Dating Specialist
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can work from home if you choose

Cons

It's Just Lunch does not deliver what it promises to their clients. They only match people according to age and location. New inside sales reps are given leads ten year old leads to call and more often than not the phone numbers no longer belong to those leads or the people are married. They continue to call people on a monthly basis that asked to be put on the "do not call list". This is basically a telemarketing job where you have to lie to get sales. Run for your life!

It's Just Lunch Response

May 9, 2014Human Resources Director

At It's Just Lunch, we promise our clients a minimum number of matches that lead to dates. We match our clients based on numerous criteria including religion, ethnicity, kids, hobbies, interests and ... More

Worse Job I ever had....gave 1 star only because I had to.

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Dishonesty from day one. Lie, cheat do whatever it takes to make a sell. 22 Years in business however very few employees have over 2 years seniority. Ask why before you take this job. Ask why are masses of sales specialist hired every 2 weeks. Ask why masses of employees are fired every 2-3 weeks. The money is made by only the top 3-4 % of sales specialist. No integrity in this company. Look into the lawsuits before you take this job.

You are the only ones that benefit from this company, that includes clients and employees. Rethink this. Stop forcing employees to write good reviews.

This was my worst work experience.

Former Employee - Matchmaker in Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Matchmaker in Hallandale, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This job was entertaining at best.

Cons

The company has no values. What they pitch to their customers is not what the customer gets. They make it seem as if the customer is getting high-end customized service and that there are dozens of great matches for these customers. The reality is that it is a call center and when it comes to match making, anything goes...as long as it's a boy and a girl, it's a match!

Lose the call center and go back to the original concept.

It's Just Lunch Response

May 9, 2014Human Resources Director

At It's Just Lunch, we match our clients based on numerous criteria including age, religion, ethnicity, kids, hobbies, interests, etc.. We have way over 2,000,000 matches and thousands of marriages ... More

International Dating Specialist LOVES HER JOB...

Current Employee - IDS in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - IDS in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing team work and I get the oppurtunity to change lives daily. This is a fun ubeat job and the Mgr, are awesome. Traing is weekly and you always get to input any information and ask questions. I love the fact that we strive to be THE BEST and we are.

Cons

I have not found any cons, excpect that this is a job for the diligent, driven and highly motivated person. Not one who may have a negative sence of self. super fun and exciting.

keep us growing and keep the training coming

A pressure box driven by fake over the top training managers

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

my co-workers were friendly and upfront

Cons

constant pressure to express enthusiasm that came off as phony. The program seemed like a scam and was only a good fit for a very small percentage

This is more than a "job"- it is an experience.

Current Employee - Sdd in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sdd in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best part of my job honestly has been my interactions with my clients. It is so humbling and rewarding to be a key player in the most intimate aspect of someone's life. Dating is emotional and it is not always smooth sailing, however there is a certain confidence that comes from the ability to converse with and be respected by leaders of industries.

Cons

Sometimes it is very difficult to manage your time well because of the volume of work that comes with various positions. Management is always willing to provide tips and advice on how to juggle and prioritize the required tasks.

Management has been great! The VP of customer service has a unique and admirable ability to garner respect, but still create a level of comfort that makes you want to open up and be yourself. That is not an easy task.

This is the best place I have ever worked!!!!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This place has the best team!!! The support from the managers and other team members is amazing... They are always avialable to help, and make sure you are on the right track!! Not only is the purpose of It's Just Lunch great, the clients we help are just as amazing.. And the money is great! I love this job!! I love this company!!

Cons

I have no complaints about this company!!!

Keep up the good work!!! You guys are awesome!!!

Love going to work every day!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

A well-established company, unique product/service, matching clients is a learned and continuously perfected art, fun work environment, no day is the same - NEVER bored!, success stories from clients are a regular occurrence.

Cons

Although I don't consider it a "con", hard work is the name of the game. If you want to be successful, you have to put in the work.

The service being offered is obviously emotional. This means clients can be emotional at times... again, not negative, just an aspect that can bring challenges

Continue employee development.

Debt Collector in disguise

Former Employee - Dating Con Artist in Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Con Artist in Hallandale, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The business idea is great, the process and integrity behind it are sickening. No pros

Cons

The company misleads potential clients to sign on. If you don't have very many matches, you will be set up with whoever is active in your area. Potential clients are told that there are many matches in the area when in reality there could be a handful or less.

Doesn't matter, they are at the top of the food chain.

It's Just Lunch Photos

We are passionate and enthusiastic about our company and concept!

+ Add Photo