Ito En (north America)

Be The First To
Add Photos

Yosuke Honjo

Ito En Subsidiary **MAJOR PROBLEMS**

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslocation, location, location, , ,

Consmismanagement, verbal abuse, high turnover, micromanagement, inconsistency in direction

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management at Ito En is that they start by reviewing the turn over rates for their subsidiaries. This will bring some light as to who is having the major issues. I was with the company of years, and never have I seen a company accept management that acts in this manner. Screaming, insults, derogatory comments, forced overtime, etc. The employees are always on edge. Many good staff members have left due to this abuse. And those who stay do so because they have no other options. When issues are brought up to HR, they are dismissed and blamed on the employee. Many who have spoken up have been laid off shortly afterwards. This company is extremely unprofessional and Ito En should be ashamed that it allows its name to be associated with this type of behavior. Had it been an option, I would have contacted Mr. Honjo directly on these issues.

Terrible place to work for those who are ambitious about their career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsWhen you have nowhere else to go.

ConsTerrible management structure, highly dissatisfied employees, low pay, long ridiculous hours, hazardous working environment (dirty chipped wooden floors and no air circulation, bugs from mold, people smoking weed by the staircase, frequent broken bathrooms, and etc.) Not for those who want to build a professional career. There is NO such thing as professionalism here. Hard work will NOT pay off unless you work smart without really being smart.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to those that can get the work done without working from 7AM-10PM.

A fantastic workplace for those with severe self-destructive tendencies.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYou will appreciate the next company you work for. It worked for me at least.

ConsThe upper management go by a horror script. They will literally hunt you down, attack your dreams/ambitions dry, and bask in satisfaction as they all smile and watch. Maybe someone wants to stop and help the victims but it has yet to happen. The employee turnover rate should switch with the chances of me winning the US lottery and I'll be one [very] happy camper. If you can get a job elsewhere, CONGRATULATIONS! If you're not vulnerable and willing to sell your soul to Ito En North America Inc., you'll be trapped in limbo, I mean DUMBO.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny advice to management will be ignored. They are kind of really good at that. Keep up the good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Some might like it

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you enjoy a routinary job, where you can keep your head down, clock in at 8:58am and out by 5pm. A windowless cold office, where things have been done in a certain way for 10 years and will remain that way... this is the place for you!!!

ConsIf you like innovation, inclusion, openness, professional growth opportunities and genuine interest in the consumer; run away as fast as you can and never look back!

Worst job environment in my career: repressive, disorganized, hierarchical and ethnocentric.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot expect to grow a business in the US without researching and adapting to the market. The consumers and your own employees are a world away from Japan and have different sensibilities, interests and behaviors. Recognize and adapt to these or you won't be around for long.

Worked for Ito En (north America)? Contribute to the Community!