Itron

www.itron.com

Itron Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Philip Mezey

Pros
  • Good work / life balance and the ability to work in different fields(in 5 reviews)

• Itron benefited greatly from the government stimulating the utility companies to investing the Smart-Grid technologies(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • India (Energy) business being deliberately killed(in 4 reviews)

New opportunities & knowledge

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Sumaré, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsExpanding industry, new technologies, international experience, global leader in its area.

ConsLack of coaching, excess of rework, HR department needs improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove HR department, training & benefits package.

Good

ProsCaring, felx time work, amicable work place

ConsSalary is very low and growth towards senior role is very slow

Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oconee, GA

ProsEmployees are friendly, decent work culture, allowed to take your decisions to certain extent, not too much pressure unless you are a senior engineer

ConsPeople working from ages so difficult to convince them for certain things, quite a lot of seniority rule prevails - not position seniority but wrt to yrs in the company, if a person can do a particular job they are very happy with it so they donot look at the bigger picture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed Bag

Contract Administrator (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsGreat consulting and analysis group if you're in the energy efficiency field. They are leaders in the field, with great knowlege, and are a collegial group. The good parts of Management are *really good* and most of the executive staff truly means well.

ConsTrack record of purchasing companies and failing to integrate them fully. Lack of communication from HQ to Field Offices in some divisions. Future technologies (software, energy consulting) are often given short shrift in favor of hardware/solutions that emphasize the current reliance on fossil fuels.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring salaries up to market rate in the Bay Area; focus on post-peak energy solutions

I loved working at Iron, I started with them when they very young and got to grow with then for 25 years.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Liberty Lake, WA

ProsI wore many "hats" during my working years at Itron. It was a great learning experience and opportunity for personal and professional growth. Itron felt like family in a way and I wanted to make sure I did everything to make the company successful. It was a struggle at times as we grew so quickly and with any high tech company change was the name of the game. Being flexible and willing to work long hard hours sometimes was a real challenge but well worth the growth and learning opportunities I was exposed to.

ConsI was able to developed my many leadership skills. Itron always offered its employees very good benefits over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcquisitions were always a challenge as we grew. New management did not always understand what some employees did because it was so different from what they were used to. I think it is really important to try to spend a little more time in this area so they are better able to manage employees and processes.

Good employer that's facing market challenges

ProsGreat people, reasonably challenging work

ConsStruggling to move away from legacy products; hard to break into the upper management circle

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up the top ranks to outsiders and new ideas

Gradually bringing new technologies to the industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMature corporation, industry leader.
    Take proactive actions to reorg and improve efficiency.
    Nice people.

ConsStill slow decision making.

It was a good career experience

Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsManagers were approachable and are good career mentors. I have a flexible work hours.

ConsIm a Canada based employee for a US Based company. There's no much room for growth for me.

senior test/quality engineer

Proslarges tech company in town

ConsOnly one in town so not too many option

Temporary position review

Administration and Sales (Former Employee) Regina, SK (Canada)

ProsThere is a lot of learning and career opportunity within the company. The people are friendly and excellent at their jobs.

ConsIn some cases, timely efficient training with new implementations would have been helpful; Sometimes adequate communication was lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen speaking to employees about their performance, include them in the growth process and improvements that can be made. An efficiency document for some job positions might be helpful with this matter.

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!