Itron Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Itron is a paycheck, but doesn't provide much more than that.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Union, SC

Pros

It's a job with a steady income. I have many friends at Itron and I enjoy their company, and they are part of the only reason why I have not yet moved on. Benefits appear to be good but its hard to compare now-a-days.

Cons

Lack of future growth. Under compensated. They claim that they can't compare with other companies less than 30 miles away. Expectations are generally higher than can be acheived in a year's time and managment usually sets very vague goals and little management to see them through.

Advice to Management

You need to wake up and start sharing the wealth with your entire work staff.

You must be careful about Itron International

Pros

Before Actaris acquisition, Itron was an extraordinary Company, respect and honesty towards the employees were the cause of motivation and innovation.

Cons

Since Itron Inc. gave the full control to Actaris, betrayal and blows twisted between employees become something normal. Consequently no motivation.

Advice to Management

The situation in the International become out of control, It is time that people from Itron Inc., which not come from Actaris, take over control to rectify this situation.

3. Average

Former Employee - Technical Consultant II
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant II

I worked at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-- Good work culture -- Well regarded in its industry

Cons

-- Very poor managers -- Very poor expense report policy -- High prevalence of insider culture. Only a few people get the plum assignments -- No support for innovative and critical thinking -- As a company missing the boat on the big analytics market

Advice to Management

Change the culture. It might be a painful process to build better products but it will be worthwile

5. Integrated, Tested and Repaired Power meter with Smart module integrated into them (cellular Phone modules).

Former Employee - Machine Operator/Integration Technician/RMA Technician in Flowood, MS

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At the time it was a company with large growth potential.

Cons

We were bought out by Itron Inc to discontinue our product that was there completion.

Advice to Management

There was a lot of other product we had going for us besides the Smart Meter Module. Like the Grid Router and the DCX ((Direct Connect eXternal) box that could be connected to lots of product besides the power meter, like water meters gas meters etc...

Once great place to be - Now more and more depressing

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees. Lots of talented people that I enjoy working with.

Cons

Very depressing: Summer 2012 - layoffs Early 2013 - wage freeze: No raises regardless of annual review results Fall 2013 - another round of layoffs Early 2014 - announced that the layoffs will continue and they haven't finalized the list. Good news is a fading memory at this point.

Advice to Management

Morale is suffering. I hear more and more dark humor about the state of our jobs and the company. I love what I do but I can no longer tell my friends that this is a good place to work. PLEASE do something to show that you care about the employees. Right now, it feels like we're being sacrificed to the shareholders.

Fun while it lasted-Roller Coaster every two years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people (peers) are great. When the times are good, the job is fun.

Cons

Every two years there is a layoff so they can "gracefully" eliminate people. It is always called a "restructure". Executive management cannot lead by example, since they spend and tell everyone else to cutback. Ask them how many fly coach overseas on a company bought ticket...

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want you wan to do when you grow up. Ask what Leroy would do! (Previous Chairman of Board)

Large Corporate company losing site of their employee morale and happiness to make stockholders richer.

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

Pay, Benefits - though slowly declining. Some flexibility offered, some telecommuting though not consistent with this offering even within the same teams.

Cons

Has fully taken on the DO MORE WITH LESS mentality. Just because revenue was inflated 1-2 years from GOV funding, we shouldn't act like a starving company with our 2+billion in revenue. Lose employees though they never replace. Just give people more work load. Management doesn't fight for their teams or get job duties out of their department that belong somewhere else. Sometimes feels like mid management is just fluffing their stats to look good to upper mgmt. Lost 1 personal holiday this year - No accrued sick leave program, no performance raises or delayed - why strive for high marks on annual review with no benefit? Little communication or leadership from management. No team building activities or morale boosting events. Way too many jobs duties assigned to each employee to ever be able to do efficient and effectively. Constant feeling of failure because you can never keep up, even for the best employees. You just know mgmt wants you to work 60+ hours per week. NO Training department. Customers have little or no way to get training on products. Major Itron Gap where customers pay price. (This could bring in a lot of revenue.) Training for new employees is horrible. Felt like I was dropped in the middle of the ocean for the first year to just "figure out how to get to shore." Work here if you want to sit in a corporate cubicle (your bubble) with no fun, excitement, or coworker morale.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people to mgmt just because they have been here for 20 years, many of them should NEVER be in that position. Find leaders, not managers.

Lost Cause

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very friendly, warm people. My supervisor is great.

Cons

Big pay inequities, poor company performance means little to no annual bonus or merit payout. No career plan. No coaching or mentoring. There would not be time anyway, since you are to busy doing your current job.

Advice to Management

It takes the whole company to be a successfully one, not just a select few.

Tough to get things done

Former Employee - Software Systems Engineer in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Software Systems Engineer in Jackson, MS

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

small setting, friendly people. flexible hours

Cons

hard to change the culture

Advice to Management

think outside the box

Company Culture is changing and no longer values the employees

Current Employee - Software Development in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Development in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance in most departments depending upon your manager There is free coffee and tea (if that is what you like) They provide 401K matching and benefits You get a paycheck and some industry experience The organization is well known The organization encourages community involvement Some of the people are nice to work with and very intelligent

Cons

Working a lot of long hours for extended periods of time has become the norm and not the exception There is no additional training provide for career improvement or advancement There is no leadership training Employees are not valued - especially if you are a foreigner or minority There is high turn over in the Raleigh office and executive management was very frank and told people to leave if they are not happy and offshoring will continue No career advancement No training provided for career advancement and you may not get adequate training or resources to do your job

Advice to Management

Leadership skills should be improved Just because a person is technically inclined and good at their job, does not mean they are good managers

RSS Feed </> Embed