ItsOn

Updated December 6, 2014
Updated December 6, 2014
3.6

Greg Raleigh

Great technology, smart and approachable coworkers, excellent working environment

Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at ItsOn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology
    Managers really know the technology and do work
    Smart and approachable coworkers
    People is very open and helpful
    Great working environment
    Free lunch 2 times a week
    Very smart and very technical CEO
    Extra activities like soccer and basketball which are fun and bring people together
    Discounted Gym membership

Cons

None that I'm aware. I'm very happy here

None for now

Great Technology, Huge potential

I have been working at ItsOn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ItsOn has built an amazing technology that is revolutionizing how mobile operators are offering services. The technology, the experience and vision of the founding team and the backing of one of the best VC firm in the valley (Andreessen-Horowitz) is a combination that is rarely found.
    Other pros are:
    * Working on large scale problems
    * A lot of smart people

Cons

like most startups not everything is classified, categorized, organized and handed on a silver plater, people excelling need to be able to be self-starters and enjoy high pace environments

Great Outlook & High Octane Team

I have been working at ItsOn full-time

Pros

This is a company redefining the mobile market with super cool industry-leading technology, and is building a great team to match. Still small enough for intimate feel and exposure to top management, and big enough where we're starting to impact the global market. I've been here for several years and love it. It is a classic high intensity, fast paced Silcon Valley vibe where performers can excel and be recognized. My colleagues are some of the best engineers I've ever worked with. Heavy emphasis from leadership on intimate product knowledge and technical know-how. Those who don't perform tend to be exposed pretty quickly and moved out, which IMO is the way it should be. Best company I've ever worked at with a legit opportunity to make it big.

Cons

Aggressive product delivery schedule focus can make work-life balance challenging at times - however this is inline with how quickly the company is growing and gaining market share.

Keep hiring!

Rough

I worked at ItsOn

Pros

Interesting technology that is in front of changes in the world of wireless carriers. Most of the people, other than the leadership, are nice people that are working hard.

Cons

Just a crazy place. The CEO is all over the place and the rest of the management team has no idea what direction the company is going in either. It's easily the worst job I've ever had from the culture, to the expectations, to the complete lack of direction. Most of the people are nice, but everyone is clearly just holding on for as long as they can hoping the company sells.

Disaster.

Former Employee - Business in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Business in Redwood City, CA

I worked at ItsOn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some nice people, lunches served one day per week, free coffee, free cokes, free pretzels.

Cons

Lack of cohesion, lack of articulated strategy, no value on creating culture, lack of accountability, and lots of blaming (and verbal attacking) goes on around here. Revolving door.

Need to step up leadership. Need to work on better utilizing team instead of passing blame. Stop the implosion. Walk the talk.