Iu Health

www.iumg.com

Iu Health Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014

John Fitzgerald

Good management and sense of community

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, discount perks like community partnerships, employee intranet and easy access to references and files

ConsCorporate structure can be confusing, it was hard to work through HR to get the job in the first place, management wasn't always the most qualified or able to lead

Project Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsLargest employer lots of options

ConsHR is terribly run, most system services are underutilized and inefficient. Upper management is more worried about looking good then actually fixing anything. Culture of fear in nursing and leadership as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop talent instead of hiring from outside every single time.

Loved it when it was still Clarian

Pca (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsJob security, 12 hour shifts, professional atmosphere, cafeteria open on night shift

ConsDangerous staffing cuts all through Methodist hospital. Dog kennels and boarding have better staff to client (nurse & aide to patient) ratios. So many staffing cuts to RNs, PCAs, and security that patients and staff are in danger. Changed employee benefits and tuition reimbursement. I have friends that still work there in many depts and they say it just gets worse and worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the staff tools to give the excellent care you demand.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Healthcare Today

Physician Practice Manager (Current Employee) Goshen, IN

ProsThey have good benefits. I like the challenges health presents in this day and age and also some interaction with our patients

ConsBeing able to keep up with all the changes.

Excellent Internship experience

Organizational Development Intern (Former Employee) Bloomington, IN

ProsWork with many people throughout the organization; develop understanding of how IU Health System operates

ConsNone that I can think of off the top of my head.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Corporation not a NFP

Hem/Onc Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCutting edge treatment center with a lot of opportunity to learn from the best a Doctors in research.

ConsHR lost documents several times. Managers incompetent for the position they hold. Corporate rules go against the patient first philosophy of a traditional NFP. No clear direction or mission. No room for advancement unless you know someone above you(good ole boy network)

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for your employees. Your company is only as good as your worst employee and is only as happy as your most unhappy one.

Great place to work - if you are in the right department

Customer Service (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsManagement lets you know you are valued. You feel as if you really do make a difference in patient's lives. Great benefits, flexibility for family.

ConsNo set policy on employee production levels. There are no reprimands or fear of losing your job if you are doing it incorrectly and adversely affecting other areas of business or patient safety.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a backbone. Get rid of those dragging you down and hire people who are actually motivated to do a great job.

Manager of Environmental and support services

Management (Former Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsGreat benefits and a liberal time off policy

ConsUpper management turnover with a lack of direction. Management sends mixed message and culture is not transparent

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed diversity and overall human resource training

weekend option

Staff RN (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Proslearn variety of skills in teaching hospital, very good pay

Conscannot miss more than 3 weekends a year to maintain weekend pay

Overall a positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsVery diverse group of employees. Linked to the IU school of medicine so there are new doctors and new innovative treatments not available at other facilities. It's also one of the largest, if not the largest, healthcare system in Indiana making access that much easier. My supervisor has also been extremely flexible and understand and has gone out of her way to make sure that I am getting mandatory education done on time as well as sending me reminders about certain departmental changes.

ConsRecent issues with mandatory vaccinations, terminations of employment, and uniform changes. Many positions have strict qualifications making it difficult to find an entry level position.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only current suggestion would be to have more employee input regarding significant changes, such as the system wide uniform change.

Worked for Iu Health? Contribute to the Community!