Ivie
www.ivieinc.com Flower Mound, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Ivie Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
Ivie – Flower Mound – “Ivie & Associates”

Warren C. Ivie

Good place to start career.

Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Flower Mound, TX

ProsThe people are great. Good benefit package. Big name clients.

ConsA ton of work for very low pay. Political. No time to mentor because every piece of business starts out chaotic with no plan in place. It's sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees if you expect them to stay for the long haul.

Productive and fun workplace

ProsConsistently learned from the Walmart Client

ConsNo room for advancement within the company

Great Company: Limited Perks

ProsGreat, family-oriented company. They have a great mission and stick to their values.

ConsA lot of work for low pay. Compared to competitive agencies, the perks are few and far between.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a Joke

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get your foot in door at Walmart and Sam's Club.

ConsThey are not your typical marketing company. They are nothing more than an overpaid staffing company pretending to be more than they are. They will let you go at the drop of a hat and make up exaggerated stories to support their decision. In order to survive here, never bring up any issues or recommendations. They don't want to hear it and will fire you. Always watch your back here. Don't trust management and HR is not your friend. Highly unprofessional and a waste of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a better look at your management in Bentonville and your entire HR team. They are not worth the high $ you pay them. They definitely show bias and favoritism.

Great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company culture, great experience with Walmart.

ConsPromotions and raises are slow-going. Plus, working onsite for the client has been stressful and unpleasant, you don't get the same perks as working for Ivie.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunity for growth and mentoring.

One big dysfunctional family (Bentonville Office)

Graphic Designer (Current Employee)
    Bentonville, AR

ProsThe people I work with are awesome. There will always be 1 or 2 coworkers that your personality clashes with, but that's everywhere you go. Overall we're like one big dysfunctional family (I mean that in a loving way). The pay is competitive and benefits are good. Good work/life balance, although a lot of hours are put in during the holiday seasons (if you are a creative). Laid back, fun environment. Again, this is coming from the creative side.

ConsPromotions are few and far between and raises other than standard cost of living are rare.
    HR (Home office, Flower Mound) is a joke. They are disorganized, portray a lack of knowledge of their department and treat people like robots. When they make mistakes they don't take responsibility for their actions and will pin blame on someone else at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to do a clean sweep on your HR team in Flower Mound for the reasons listed above.

Working at Ivie has been a really good experience. The people are friendly and the company looks out for their employees

Production Artist (Current Employee)
    Flower Mound, TX

ProsOpportunity for advancement, good work/life balance, good benefits package, many occasions of company get-togethers (cookouts and catered lunches), upper management very approachable.

ConsCan't think of any at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Ivie is a staffing agency.....

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Bentonville, AR

ProsNot many....they simply put people in chairs at their clients office.

ConsPoor pay. No job security. Once employees realize they are being paid a modest fraction of what Ivie charges the client for their employees' services, good employees move on to better companies. Ivie will never hang their hat on employee retention rates....nor do they care.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people. You pay your staff @ 1/4 of what your charging your clients for their work. You'll never keep good people and will eventually lose your cash cow clients too.

Internship program review

Intern (Current Employee)
    Flower Mound, TX

ProsProactive company that provides interns experiences in the business world

ConsHonestly, I have no cons for this Company as they provide interns real work experience in their area of study and interest

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the Internship program, it is great experience

Where I learned the business of Marketing.

Communications Intern (Former Employee)
    Flower Mound, TX

ProsRelaxed but not lazy atmosphere.
    Family and business oriented.
    Patient but extremely productive.
    Good leadership as well as motivated employees.

ConsHad a little trouble staying busy, but I was able to use down time to learn about various aspects of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Keep pushing forward technologically and creatively.

Worked for Ivie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ivie reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ivie CEO Warren C. Ivie. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Ivie employees.