IvyCrest Montessori

CEO

Montessori Philosophy Thriving

Current Employee - Director/Supervisor
    Current Employee - Director/Supervisor

I have been working at IvyCrest Montessori part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Montessori materials are abundant and presented with passion. Our playgrounds are astonishing with ALL Rubber surfacing and even a Water Park, You can see that love and care has gone into keeping the campus at its best for all of our children, customers and staff. Staff are treated great and just had a brand new makeover of the huge BreakRoom ! Our Fantastic Staff, Parents, Children & our Attentive Admin make our School a great family culture !

Cons

The parking is a problem and the Fun activities can get crowded. Unfortunately the Summer field trips and workshops fill up quickly but now we've added our own School Van that can allow us to take more children!

I'd say that they're doing a wonderful job considering the amount of families they are serving and the expectations of the owner and requirements of Social Services. Academics Fitness and The Arts are always evolving as the school enjoys over 44 years of serving the community!

Montessori Philosophy Forgotten

Former Employee - Teacher in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Fullerton, CA

I worked at IvyCrest Montessori

Pros

There were always exciting activities to be involved in, but many were done after hours cutting into family time. The students were wonderful. Beautiful Campus. Abundant amount of Montessori Materials.

Cons

The school did not follow Montessori Philosophy. School did not have mixed age classrooms, appropriate amount of time given to material exploration, and classrooms allowed limited amount of movement. The management also lacked compassion when communicating with parents and an a lot of rules were in place for students, teachers, and parents.

Honor the Montessori Method by embracing Maria Montessori's philosophy. Work with parents to educate them about the value to their children. Treat parents, staff, and parents in a respectful manner like Maria Montessori.