Ixia Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Overworked, unappreciated, and your inputs will go unheard — you don't want to work here!

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Ixia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None. Unless you consider working in your own little silo with zero direction fulfilling.

Cons

If you want the unvarnished truth about how horrible it is to work at Ixia, go on LinkedIn and connect with all the previous Net Optics employees — most of whom Ixia laid-off or willingly left on their own. Most of the Net Optics staff are gone now. When the Net Optics people were still around, lead times in sales was 3-7 days. Now it takes three weeks! Why? Because Ixia refuses to adopt the best practices of the companies they've acquired. There are so many broken processes inside that haven't been or upper management can't seem to fix.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Seriously.

Some great people but some tough times

I have been working at Ixia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have worked with great folks in a few sites that do work and play hard - like what they do, share well, open. Most managers seem to really want to work hard and share the success. Pay is good. Relaxed environment. New CEO in late 2014 looks good and will see what shapes up. Communication has gotten better. Some nice benefits in lunch perks, free soda's but many other companies are doing more perks in hi-tech.

Cons

2014 was a mess of a year for the company. One CEO ousted, interim CEO and then new CEO. Layoffs summer of 2014. Losing good folks to other hi-tech opportunities over past months. We are in a interesting niche field but many others looking to get in and play. 2015 will be a make or break year so I would wait a year to see how things go. Some reviews here mention negative reviews by folks that have been laid off but those that I knew that were laid off got good new jobs and are happy where they are now.

Advice to Management

Make 2015 a good year.

Excellent company to work for...

Current Employee - Area Manager in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Calabasas, CA

Pros

Challenger and satisfying environment, where hard work and out of the box thinking gets recognized. Career advancement, fair compensation and clear direction from executives There will be a lot of hard feelings and negative reviews mostly from folks whose company was acquired by Ixia and their position was cut. However I know first hand that Ixia still took very good care of everyone.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

The new CEO brings a great sense of vision and experience. The companies future is on the right track

I good, growing company that is moving ahead in the market.

Pros

Pay is definitely in line with industry standards, benefits are good.

Cons

Some product launches are rocky. Poor product definitions in the area of support and sales "bullets".

Advice to Management

Product managers need to "own" the product entirely, including better support training, documentation, related whote papers, sales "golden bullets". Better insight into customer pain and selling points are needed for sales to hit the ground running.

Not place to work

Pros

No pros at all. Look for job if you are still working. There are many other better places to work.

Cons

Bad Management. Want to have full control. Work Long hours No morale Low salary no bonus company cannot make profit so they are doing bad acquisitions.

Advice to Management

need new management. no direction.

7. Great company

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

Pros

Great people, good management, technology, always something new to learn, great CEO

Cons

No major one that I can think of

Great Technology company on the bleeding edge of Network Equipment design, not the greatest strategic group of leaders.

I have been working at Ixia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with companies designing new telecommunications equipment and the networks of the future. The people are great, really nice and professional. Compensation is very good

Cons

Ixia is having tough time dealing with market changes to cloud and software centric networks. Too many changes in direction and long term strategy Marketing! Yeah that's what I mean, what marketing?

Advice to Management

Combine your two major business units or sell/split one of them off. It's like working for two different companies right now.

9. Okay place to work

I have been working at Ixia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work locations Care for well being of employee

Cons

No appreciation for good work; feedback is mainly negative PTO accrual is low

Challenging company to work for

Pros

Compensation and benefits are competitive with other tech companies.

Cons

The company doesn't seem to have a long-term strategy. Hopefully the new CEO will be able to change that. The culture is mainly talk and posters - basically it's work 24/7.

11. I like my job

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer II in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer II in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Ixia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like my job and I have no issues with management. Assignments are challenging and interesting - but you have to like the challenge.

Cons

Does anyone know where we are going?

Advice to Management

I think management is on the right track though.. I can't advice.

RSS Feed </> Embed