Izod Reviews

Emanuel Chirico

New Job And Not Optimistic

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Albertville, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albertville, MN

I have been working at Izod part-time for less than a year

Pros

So far the people are nice.

Cons

The company has policies in place that promotes treating their workers like criminals. I understand that they have had employees steal from them in the past, but that is true with customers as well, and they don't check their bags before and after they leave. I find this both degrading and insulting.
    The hiring process could improve as well. It took a long time before the manager of the store could even hire me because she needed approval from higher ups that are not directly involved with the store. At least, that is my understanding from what she told me.

You could build employee loyalty if you treat them better. I don't mean increasing the discount or adding more perks, I mean treat them like human beings who are capable and trustworthy.

Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Izod full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The discount was great. Certain managers really understood the work life balance.

Cons

Very clickish, felt like high school all over again. If you fit in you will not have any problems there.

Pay attention to what is going on around you. Morale is poor and needs to be addressed. They recently have had some management changes and hopefully this will help the company get back on the right track. If not I am not sure about the future.

Basic retail sales position with an ever-changing and growing company.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at Izod full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous associate discount, exciting new company direction, excellent 401(k) benefits, amazing dental plan, sky rocketing stock prices.

Cons

Izod provides a typical retail establishment. Focusing on the Outlets, traffic is high and sometimes unmanageable. Stores are allotted hours to schedule based on sales achieved for that week - and they are always neck and neck. Having a small staff and not being able to schedule everyone for their desired (or hired) weekly hours creates a tense working experience. The Human Resources department in Bridgewater, NJ are helpful when it comes to basic questions, but confused when facing challenges. Daily direction from the company used to be back and forth, but now that PVH (parent company) has acquired Warnaco, each division seems to have a clear focus on their individual directions in upholding their brands.

Train Human Resources more on one-on-one challenges : i.e. an associate is being harassed, multiple offenses to policy associates, when there is an injury on the job - seeing that corrections have been made to prevent this from happening again, etc. It almost feels like there is an underlying union with this company. Create a No-Retaliation policy - employees almost feel threatened and/or that their job is on the line when coming forth about an issue that needs immediate assistance. Also, promote within via face-to-face interviewing and qualifying for positions. Way too much hiring outside of the company while others are passed up and left sitting in their positions for years on end. Do not rely solely on word of mouth from direct supervisors - their advice is not always made between two agreeing parties.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If this company has a plan, it's very well hidden

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Izod part-time for more than a year

Pros

The co-workers in this retail location are great people, and the company offers great discounts on merchandise for employees and their families/friends.

Cons

The company is constantly pressuring its stores to cut payroll to the barest minimum, so scheduling is very unreliable -- even at one of its highest-volume stores. Expectations of associates are not at all in line with the near-mimimum wage pay offered, and seem to change frequently at the whim of anyone at Bridgewater with access to e-mail. Someone in the PVH HQ organization was actually upset with a member of management at this store for being unable to obtain confidential sales information from a local competitor store -- information for which the company's own employees would surely be fired for providing to outsiders. Very unprofessional.

I realize that this is a seasonal, cyclical business, but employees at the retail-store level are provided very in the way of mid- to long-range strategic guidance. Please, take a longer-term view of the business, and take a step back from freaking out if hour-by-hour LY comparisons are slightly off -- it'll work out! Rather than making them feel more involved in the success of the business, this type of constant sales pressure only serves to make associates feel that the company has no confidence in its employees. You'd get more out of them with a more coherent, well-communicated strategic approach that focuses on the big picture, not just constant hourly sales-figure reporting (which, by the way, I have a hard time believing can't be pulled by IT systems at HQ, instead of having to be e-mailed in by each store -- another issue that bears addressing).

Worked for Izod? Contribute to the Community!