J.B. Hunt

www.jbhunt.com

J.B. Hunt Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
J.B. Hunt – US – “Corporate Office”

J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III

John N. Roberts III

Pros
  • Great Management Experience, Pay is Decent, Good Benefits(in 8 reviews)

• Learning experience and good work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Needs to seriously consider the employees' work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Expected to Work Long hours and always on call(in 23 reviews)

Jb hunt south Stockton Ca. smells bad just like your operation

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Stockton, CA

Prosgot to go home after a 14 -hour a day making $12 a hour under $500 a week working like slave labor on the plantation.

Conseverything the fifth largest truck company United States. got there by screw*** employees, out of their pay..i can not suggest this company to anyone with a pulse... from Management to truck maintenance shop is all garbage avoid. JB Hunt at all costs. they are hemorrhaging drivers every day. paying experienced drivers $.27 mile" .

Advice to Senior Managementclose down you have a crooked operation no one needs so-called employers like you

It was very unfair

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Midlothian, TX

ProsYou stay busy and I came home every day.

Consthey can half work you and not show your full potential

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure all information is together before hiring

not a good co to work for

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proscant find any that i can think of

Consnot what they represent. did all the overflow that dedicated couldnt handle

Advice to Senior Managementsteer clear. they are not what they represent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Representative and Carrier Sales Rep.

Account Representative and Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsThe only pro I can give JBH is that I enjoyed the people that I worked with.

ConsThe environment at JBH is very intense. I remember being constantly yelled at for things out of my control. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy. I was told to lie to truckers in order to meet deadlines- not in my moral code- so that was the last straw. The hours were insane for the low pay. Come in at 7am and leave at 8pm. Oh, and don't even think about taking a lunch break, doctor visit, or picking up a child from daycare.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on the floor and see how hard your employees are working to make YOU money. Notice how they are being treated and fix the problem. Not one person should ever be degraded in front of an entire floor of workers.

Mistake That Will Never be Made Again

Account Manager (Former Employee) Carlisle, PA

ProsOpened my eyes to the reality of the workforce.

Cons-Lots of hours. Expect to work at least 12-14 hours per day and get called on weekends. Especially if you're young.
    -Mediocre pay scale isn't worth time and effort invested
    -Constant criticism from upper management
    -Training is non-existent. All upper management knows this, but never the less forces you to do tasks that you were never properly trained to do.
    -Company cycles through countless low-paid temps yet expects top performance at all times.
    -Good Old Boy mentality
    -Don't expect much in the form of promotions. I was considered lucky to see even a 5% increase in salary.

Advice to Senior Management-Stop harassing employees with numerous condescending email, texts, and phone calls for every little mistake that's made.

Wish i never would have came to work at jb hunt

Company Driver (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIts a job if you need one quick and dont care what you get paid

ConsYou will be treated like crap. Pay sucks sometimes you end up getting paid $24 for a run that takes you 2 1/2 hours

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate amongst each other

Lacks vision for employees.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsAbility to work at different sites.

ConsToo many chiefs.
    No clear direction for employees or business.
    The company's business model and management strategy is outdated.

They Have Huge Problems and no concern to fix them

DCS Driver (Former Employee) Breinigsville, PA

ProsLots of work
    at Least its a job

ConsWhere do I start? Work and Life balance is terrible. They avoid paying for things like breakdowns. Often miss (avoid?) paying for extras like drop and hooks, unloading times. Too much power given to store associates in paperwork that effects pay. Pay is wrong all the time, yet that problem is never fixed, it just keeps happenning. Avoidance is the standard way to take on problems. If you are a problem child, or they even think you are, you are terminated. They have a really poor culture that just keeps on getting passed through as people play the game and move up by being quiet, Health and safety concerns at this location. No sick days, threaten you with firing. Bad insurance program.
    They are terrified of unionization.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop plugging in newbies in both management and driving force. The avoidance factor is unreal there. Fix problems, but more importantly start listening to your employees, otherwise you'll stay a last resort. You should really think about fixing these issues, because the driving universe has the goods on you.

terrible

Driver (Current Employee) Stockton, CA

Prostime off when you need it

Consunfair promotions, and unfair distribution of work

Advice to Senior Managementall employees are here to work and make a living, no driver should be struggling financially working for jb hunt

OK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsThe people are nice. The pay is decent. Vacation time is fair. They value health and wellness. Everyone has been there a long time.

ConsSometimes it feels you are a small fish in a big pond. It also takes forever to get anything done.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!