J.B. Hunt

www.jbhunt.com

J.B. Hunt Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
J.B. Hunt – US – “Corporate Office”

J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III

John N. Roberts III

Pros
  • Great Management Experience, Pay is Decent, Good Benefits(in 8 reviews)

• Learning experience and good work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Needs to seriously consider the employees' work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Expected to Work Long hours and always on call(in 23 reviews)

Recruiting Intern

Recruiter Intern (Former Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsGreat experience working as an intern with such a well-known company. Was shown real-life experience in a corporate environment and was depended on much more than just a regular intern.

ConsTime commitment was a lot with also being a full-time student. Some unprofessional was shown although most of it was cleared up.

JBHunt Experience / Employee Driven

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsThey are focused on making working with JBHunt the best experience of your life. For the first time I feel like I am part of a family when I go to work each day. I feel like I am making a difference in peoples lives and that I am helping people reach levels they themselves never thought they could. Great company to work, career driven and options for everyone no matter what season of life you are in.

ConsSo fare I have found no downsides, they have accomidated my needs and my families needs the entire 9 years I have been with them. I will one day retire from JB Hunt it is the last place I intend on ever working.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the Managers could use some help developing their customer service, but it is a work in progress which I feel is going in the right direction. They are off to a great start at genuinely making people feel like people and helping the people who are the heart of the company be the most important asset in the company.

Exciting and rewarding

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic company to work for. It is a Fortune 500 company but still feels small, which which is refreshing in the business world. Strong emphasis on safety culture and having fun at work (while still being productive). Management provides plenty of opportunities to expand your skill set and makes going to work fun. I haven't worked with anyone that I disliked. I couldn't have asked for a better company to intern for this year.

ConsIt's not always fun working with drivers... but not every job is perfect. There can be some downtime or you can have a crazy hectic day. Unpredictable (but I kind of like it).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep maintaining small company feel while expanding business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

loved working there, it was my favorite company

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Portland, OR

Prosthe money was good, no complaints

Conscan't think of any right now

Advice to Senior Managementthey should've rehired me = [

Good

General Manager (Current Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsFlexibility, challenging, rewarding, able to use leadership skils

ConsTraining, career development, sometime long hours, nights and weekend

Great experience as Finance/Accounting Intern

Finance (Former Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsThere is an overall friendly work environment. The company is strong in the industry and growing under good leadership. There is a casual atmosphere in the company.

ConsThe upper management is generally older and less innovative. Lowell, AR is also a very small town so most employees live in nearby towns and commute.

Lots of fake "positive posts" Carrier sales/Account Managemet

Account Manager/Carrier Sales (Former Employee)

ProsA paycheck and even that is low compared to industry standards

ConsWe are encouraged to lie to customers, hellish work environment. Work long hours get paid pennies, try to scam you on PTO, benefits are a joke, management only cares about themselves and try to make it seem like they are there for you, but they are not. If something goes bad and is out of your control specifically and a carrier it is your fault no matter what. Even if you cover over 100 loads and 99 of them are perfect and 1 goes bad you still get in trouble. This type of work place is really not worth it, save yourself the headache and look else where. You will be stuck in the same position for a long time with no growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a leader not a manager. Influence your employees and have their backs. DON'T BE SELFISH!

Great building block and stepping stone for furthering a career.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Lehigh Valley, PA

ProsOffers the ability to freely manage employees and take strides in learning the business
    Ok pay
    Ok benefits
    Great first job

ConsVERY long hours
    Terrible work/life balance as you move up the ranks
    Not for someone with a family
    Can be very demanding, especially during times of extreme weather

Advice to Senior ManagementJ.B. Hunt stresses the retainment of drivers, but there is no effort to retain the managers and supervisors they vigorously grind to the bone day after day. Buying the office pizza here and there isn't going to keep your best managers around.

the have a contract with Meijer, and has to kiss there ass often, Meijer has jb hunt do things there own truckers dont

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

Prospay is on time. the management trys to help, but they have to answer to upper management
    not really any Pro's to jb hunt.

Consthe recurouter will prommis you things that will never happen

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is doing all the upper management will let them,,, upper management is the problem

short-lived

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLaid back company, no micro-managing

ConsThe pay is not very good unless you are in UPPER management

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!