J.B. Hunt

1 Review

J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III
John N. Roberts III
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great Management Experience, Pay is Decent, Good Benefits (in 8 reviews)

• Learning experience and good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Needs to seriously consider the employees' work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Long hours, they will terminate you in a heartbeat if you are not a safe driver (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

No chance to advance.

Former Employee - Company Driver in Elwood, IL
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Elwood, IL

I worked at J.B. Hunt part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay & benefits...IF...you are full time.

Cons

LIARS...!!! Hired me on as a part time Company Driver. Told me there would be advancement opportunities for full time employment. I worked for 16 months as a spotter with no benefits nor a raise. The position I worked in & the place I worked at was, an outsourced position from a manufacturing facility. This particular facility had been having a major problem in keeping a part time spotter. I soon found out why. The female S & H clerks enjoyed discriminating against legal aliens of 3rd world decent as well as most men in general. I worked there for 16 months...when a full time position became open...it was open to anyone...except me. I believe this was because they couldn't find anyone willing to work part time with no benefits. A contract existed between the facility & J.B. Hunt. It expired during my tenure there. It was renewed & I was told that the contract had been renewed for another 3 year term but, did not include a raise for me at all. J.B. Hunt exploited me...a 14 year combat veteran...they expected me to work there 36 more months with out a raise & without any benefits...then they added that on those certain occassions when I was asked to work more than my 6 hours a day...5 days a week...that if I went over 40 hours, that I would NOT be paid time & a half for over 40 hours. It felt to me as if they were saying...thanks for being a sucker...sucker. We don't want you as an employee unless we can continue to exploit you forever. I quit shortly thereafter & told them, when I gave notice, that it did not have to be a 2 week notice, that I was willing to work longer...until they found a replacement. (Am I stupid or what ?)

Have the moral courage to stand up for & do what is right. When you have a hard working , good employee, you should do what it takes to keep him on board. Especially if he is a veteran, this becomes more important. If you say, we appreciate our freedom...& thanks for the effort...SHOW IT.

J.B. Hunt Photos