J.B. Hunt Reviews

Reset

1. As a driver at jb hunt it was ok then got rough

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dedicated accounts,decent trucks with low miles 2014-2015 international pro star

Cons

Trucks run only 62mph dont like the bendix system it goes off wen u nt even near close to a vehicle ,the company bad about not giving raises they start u off with 37-39 cpm

Advice to Management

My advice is to get btter with yo word and u wont loose drivers so much good drivers at that we work hard but no apprecaition shown

2. Company

Current Employee - Account Manager in Englewood, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Englewood, NJ

I have been working at J.B. Hunt (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that allows young professionals to run a business and provides your with lots of resources. You can advance fast if you work hard.

Cons

You work lots of hours and no work/life balance

3. Mechanic

Former Employee - Lead Diesel Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Lead Diesel Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic in Clackamas, OR

I worked at J.B. Hunt (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

I have no cons to give

5. I had a good job.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

Pros

40 cents a mile , up dated trucks. They do get you home every other weekend.

Cons

The trucks run 63. I don't like driving for big company because I felt more like a number to them.

6. Great place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonus are really good because the company does well. They treat their employees well and have many options for you to grow.

Cons

Pay is low compared to other companies. Hours for salary paid employees are longer than usual. 9 hour days a

Promising future but needs more focus on talent retention

Current Employee - Manager in Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Manager in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

J.B. Hunt recently became a Fortune 500 company and is very financially stable. Decent benefits and 401K. Company is poised for vast growth and there will be many management-level job opportunities. CEO and executive management are very forward-thinking and always looking to improve. With 4 divisions across the entire U.S., there are a lot of different areas of logistics that you can gain experience and exposure to.

Cons

Work-life balance and training programs are not great. The company fails to compensate the most talented employees with lackluster annual increases and average salaries. I have seen many driven and talented employees leave the company because they were not compensated for the amount of production and benefit they brought to the company.

Advice to Management

Reconsider your base salary pay, vacation days, and work-life balance. You have high turnover for low to mid-level management because you keep compensation low. This obviously should not be applied across the board, but you should take time to recognize your truly talented employees who could provide great benefit in life-long careers with J.B. Hunt, and take care of them. Thus reducing your turnover, the cost of brining in a new hire, and the huge cost of losing great leaders who would be well worth the added investment to benefit the company long-term.

8. Hours

Current Employee - DCS Local in Buckeye, IA
    Current Employee - DCS Local in Buckeye, IA

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of load. You can make a lot of money

Cons

Always on 6 days a week. There is no balance of loads pre day. One day you work 12hrs days and the next you mite be going home after 6 hrs

9. Operations Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Selma, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Selma, TX

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Operations gives the account manager control of all aspects of the business. Plenty of experience can be gained here.

Cons

Work Life balance can be severely affected on some major accounts. There is a discrepancy in compensation between major and minor accounts.

10. CDP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time

Pros

Pros its a great place to work for if you know the people you work for.

Cons

Very hostile environment to work under. Hostile leadership. Leaders who don't know how to lead people.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers

11. Dissappointed!

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Waterloo, IA

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workload was great. Excellent orientation and management staff. Excellent operations staff. Outstanding customer base.

Cons

Wait time at rail yards was ridiculous. Trucks were trashed inside and filthy, dirty, nasty, I would not allow my dog to be in those trucks but you're expected to accept the conditions. Truck clean and detail crew in Chicago needs to be fired, I took the same truck in 3 times and each time the garbage behind the drivers seat was still there after they say they cleaned and detailed the truck. Truck smelled like the previous driver smoked 2 cartons of cigarettes per day. New trucks coming in every day of the week but these are held for drivers with tenure. If you have health issues and need a clean smoke free truck, you're outta luck here!

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and take a little action to improve the condition of your older trucks or get rid of them all together. If you would not want to drive the truck or stow your personal gear in it, why should any driver be subjected to those crappy conditions?

RSS Feed </> Embed