J. C. Penney

J. C. Penney Reviews in Baton Rouge, LA

Updated Jul 20, 2014

J. C. Penney Chief Executive Officer Mike Ullman

Mike Ullman

Pros
  • It once was a good company to work for with a nice employee discount(in 143 reviews)

• Work-life balance mostly good except during high volume holiday sales season(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Non-existent work/life balance, no consistency of store operating policy throughout each location(in 41 reviews)

• They beat into you to get people to sign up for a JCP credit card(in 76 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

my experience at J.C Penney was great i loved working for the company

J C Penney (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

Prosresons to work for the company is awesome sales and,great place for advancement,and great peers

ConsThe downsides about wworkng for J.C Penney is the people that do the company wrong makes it bad for other companys

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to managment is to keep with the advertisment

Sales associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsFlexible hours, good management, work is fairly easy, decent pay, had a great team (many are still good friends years after leaving)

ConsShifts are long, management didn't always communicate effectively across departments, holidays can be rough, some team members aren't there to work but socialize

Sephora is a great addition to JCP

Product Consultant (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsGreat Management
    Continuing Education
    Very Clean Store
    Co-workers are wonderful

ConsWish I could have worked more when my children were in school.....not evening and weekend shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything was very organized.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at JC Penney has been nothing but positive, the people are wonderful.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsI have made a ton of long lasting friendships, including my managers. I feel like my contribution is actually worth something and I'm always encouraged to be the best me I can be. My supervisors are very supportive of my growth in all aspects of my life.

ConsSometimes it's a little rough to deal with unruly customers. And sometimes people can be really disgusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I could give is to hire more associates! There aren't enough associates to ensure the cleanliness of the store.

If retail, I guess I want to work here?

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsDecent Pay
    Good Benefits
    Nice Management
    You get to dress up
    Great discount
    Management feeds you on holidays....sometimes
    s
    s

Conslong hours
    work every weekend
    Always on your feet
    Save money on air, its hot in there!
    Customers, lower class

Advice to Senior ManagementJC Penney is overall good place to work. However, retail is not a good place to be if you want decent hours.

Only if you don't plan on having a family

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsThe associates are great to work with

ConsExtended store hours, no work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust the extended store hours. It's not necessary to open at 8am every saturday. Penney's customers know when to shop. They recognize the same sale over and over again.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!