J. J. Keller

Be The First To
Add Photos

J. J. Keller President and CEO Bob Keller

Bob Keller

Good company with great values but not for everyone

Trial Placement Representative - Keller Online (Former Employee)
Appleton, WI

I worked at J. J. Keller full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits package and facilities (onsite weight room and physician). Friendly work environment. Very flexible in regards to time off. Overall the company itself is great.

ConsManager could have put more effort in development. Position I was in was specifically cold calling according to a script, but was encouraged to go off script if needed, however did not get any direction on a successful way to do so despite requests.

A company that rewards poor leadership and dishonesty

Editorial (Former Employee)

I worked at J. J. Keller full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits and salary are great, although the health insurance was getting a bit invasive, with HRAs and near-mandatory health coaching.

ConsI was micromanaged within an inch of my life, despite the fact that I either exceeded or more than met expectations in my job. I transformed products for the better--but my main struggle at Keller was integrity. I wouldn't lie to others, nor would I allow others to lie to me or my coworkers. Many people (including my supervisor) are dishonest and do all they can to get ahead, despite the potential for the organization to be sued or for other negative things to occur. Throwing others under the bus and stealing credit for others' work is commonplace: "office politics" doesn't even scratch the surface. Leaving Keller was an experience akin to what I imagine exorcising a demon might be: I felt proud of my integrity once more; I began to smile again; I didn't have to look upon others with distrust. I urge you to avoid this company. It's stuck in the 1980s: both in its product offerings and its culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementI make more than $15,000 per year less than I did at J. J. Keller and I consider myself better off. I've never worked for a company that tried so hard to disrespect employees and then convince them that they are happy. Treat employees like human beings, rather than sheep to be herded and fooled.

Good company unless you are in sales

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at J. J. Keller full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOn site clinic, fitness center & cafeterias, a wide variety of products to sell, gain sharing program for employees that don't get paid a commission.

ConsSales incentive programs with little to no actual incentive to do more than the bare minimum, sales goals that are constantly changing to favor the company, decreasing commission payouts and sales promotions year after year, STACKED with middle-management focusing on micro-management, overall a very greedy upper management culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook up the word "incentive".

Specific department not managed well

KellerOnline (Former Employee)

I worked at J. J. Keller full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere, decent wage. Great people

ConsYour success is based on what other people set up for you. If you don't have good placement you will not succeed

Advice to Senior ManagementQUALITY PLACEMENTS

Good Company if your in a support position and your health is good

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
Appleton, WI

I worked at J. J. Keller full-time for more than a year

ProsGood training. Great work environment.

ConsBusiness Services is brutal. Goals are inconsistent better leads seem to go to management favorites. The benefits are ok, but due to rising healthcare cost the have "health assesment surveys" to improve employee Heath. More like if you do poorly we will find a way to get rid of you. After my survey my goals and job requirement changed and were no longer in line with the rest of the dept and the positive monthly reviews became negative and threatening.

Poor benefits, disrespectful HR staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at J. J. Keller full-time

ProsFitness Center, location and friendly employees

ConsJ. J. Keller's benefits package is a joke compared to other organizations in the area. HR staff treats employees (associates) like second class citizens.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp benefits package or you will continue to lose out on top talent as they leave for greener pastures. Spend less time and money sponsoring events and put those resources into employees.

Grew my Sales Experience

Outbound Sales Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at J. J. Keller as an intern for less than a year

ProsLearning opportunity, fun environment to be part of

ConsLimited advancement structure and growth opportunities

Excellent Opportunities

I have been working at J. J. Keller full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMany opportunities for advancement and career development. Regularly practice their "look inside first" strategy.
Great location/community.

ConsUnknown company, does not have a recognizable product/service.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your pulse on high potential employees and encourage them to seek out opportunities within the company for growth. (Don't hold on to your best for your own personal reasons.)

Run as fast as you can!

Inside Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at J. J. Keller

ProsReceiving a paycheck is good.

ConsBut don't expect to ever make your quota since it is ever-changing and unattainable. If you do make "the numbers" you get a little certificate like you were in elementary school to hang in your cubicle. very much a call center atmosphere. Very loud and obnoxious co-workers that have obviously said the same thing over and over and over for 10+ years. Offerings use to be exclusive, not so any longer. Comparible prices are lower or free and not such an easy sell. There is little to no chance of advancement. Tell them you have an illness and you're out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house, start over, re-invent the wheel and don't ever wonder why your change over is so high.

Positive, good company but I was ill suited for the position I was hired to do.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at J. J. Keller

ProsGreat Benefits, local family owned business that has a great social conscience within the community.
Helpful and supportive working associates. Enthusiastic management.
Organized employee appreciation events. Good incentive for commission success.

ConsInability to move around physically and not enough breaks to flex body and mind.
No opportunity to transition into a new position that is more suitable to your job skills.
Sets the bar too high for first year of employment regarding to and monthly quotas during recessionary times.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have an employee who is enthusiastic, has a strong work ethic, exceeds expectations with team support and development but is not exceptional in sales develop a program to transition them into another more appropriate position. You lose too many hard working, honest employees who really enjoyed working for you.

Worked for J. J. Keller? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. J. Keller reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. J. Keller CEO Bob Keller. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by J. J. Keller employees.