J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 30, 2014

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group (in 189 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees (in 162 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities (in 203 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation (in 165 reviews)

More Highlights
200 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall positive but it seems there are barricades to advancement

Private Client Banker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI enjoy my uncapped commission, team based sales approach, differentiated product offering, and work life balance. For most career paths there are many ways to advance and many opportunities.

ConsAs a Private Client Banker my options for advancement are limited. I work through Chase Private Client and seemingly have nowhere else to go. J.P. Morgan seems to blacklist employees from the Chase side of the firm and the Private Client Advisor jobs tend to be filled externally by experienced advisors who can bring in outside books.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better career path for Private Client Bankers to progress into advisory roles or into JPM.

Great experience except management is hit or miss

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe right manager will empower you to get the job done right. Company offers great products. Great leadership. You feel valued.

ConsSome managers are just mean, have no clue, and micro-manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers play too much politics and do not look out for the client.

Great Experience

Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to get experience in customer service

ConsTraining would be delayed due to turnover in management

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement would benefit from more communication

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, management personnel could use some tuning though.

Senior VA Loan Processor (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsThe pay is great and the colleagues are wonderful. Everyone is very helpful with each other and its a great work environment. The moral is great until upper management steps in and spoils all the fun.

ConsManagement. The management has such pressure to meet goals that they sometimes overload the employees. Its not always their fault as their job is on the line too. Working for a bank is strenuous and mundane. All they care about is money. It'd be nice if they cared more for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis advice is for upper management. Train your people correctly. Let them do their jobs and stop pressuring for more to be done when it is nearly impossible. Don't lay off veterans that you say you support, just because your refinance loan rates go up. This doesn't coincide with the "hire 100,000 veterans initiative". Its a load of crap. This will fall on deaf ears but I suggest the company stop trying to make as much money as possible and concentrate more on its people and the communities. Making too much money is whats wrong withe the world. You can't take it with you when you die, so whats the real point? All we're doing is earning the board and its chairman more money.

Good company to work for

Recruiter (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI enjoyed working at the firm. It was easy to recruit there because we were very well known and the firm had a lot of notoriety. I had some good learning opportunities while I was there and it prepared me for other things. Telecommuting was an option and that was great.

ConsThere were limited advance opportunities in Chicago. The headquarters moved to NY after the merger and that is where the vast majority of the opportunities were located. Managers need to do more to retain talent, such as creating advancement opportunities. You can get stuck if you are not careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has a lot of work to do related to diversity. There were a lack of advancement opportunities for diverse talent and that is why they left the organization. People often did not feel welcomed or valued at the firm.

Friendly

Loan Support (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

Prosgood people easy going friendly

Consnone don't have anything to say

Good benefits, but bad environments

KYC Associate Senior (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFree access to museums, etc.
    Free premium bank accounts
    Free security deposit box

ConsYou are nothing but a number, literally.

ahh..

Vice President, Technology (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSecured. Extra large operations and scale.

ConsUnfair, compensation wise and work load wise.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary level the company.

JPMorgan Chase Bank NA is Great

RM2+ (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to work, good benefits and culture

ConsA bit of high turnover causes anxiety

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain more

Loan Processor

Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company has plenty to offer when it comes to benefits.

ConsMassive layoffs within a year of hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring so many at one time to reduce the large amount of layoff

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!