J.P. Morgan

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.4 3,612 reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group(in 185 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees(in 161 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities(in 202 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation(in 165 reviews)

3,612 Employee Reviews

Company is going uptrend

ProsCulture overall is good. People work hard and get awarded. Nice work life balance.

Conslot of politics and relationship counts much more than skills (but which company is not like that!)

Not a back company to be merged in with

Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsReasonable hours, work life balance, the people are nice.

ConsThings are hard to accomplish owing to the scale. The infrastructure teams are huge and specialized. Coordinating activity across groups is a challenge since resources are otherwise occupied. Central planning is lacks and initiatives are driven by fiat.

Advice to Senior ManagementVirtual teams would be a start. So would instilling a culture of risk taking.

Billing analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsBest team related experience I've ever had. The company provides proper training and opportunities to help you grow in many ways.

Consdepending on locality, leadership could use some improvement but when you voice that to your managers, they listen. Training within the Billing department has a lot of moving components and you can easily be confused but if you speak up and ask for help, there are team members who are willing to walk you through every procedure so it's important to speak up!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

technology analyst

ProsGreat work life balance, a lot of training/mentorship, great work culture where people help eachother, great pay

ConsToo much bureaucracy and hierarchical

Great place to work if you're under good management.

Control Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits including vacation time, 401K match, ESPP, retirement account funded by the company; excellent growth opportunity when you put your career in your own hands.

ConsManagement varies significantly, the culture of Chase isn't created in all departments and issues don't seem to be resolved. Repeat issues are brought up in the employee opinion surveys which the company is focused on, and aren't addressed at the top.

Good Company

ProsFocused on career growth for employees. Keeps current staff employed when possible and Lots of opportunity for advancement

ConsNot much that i can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working on Mentor ship Program for new managers

Steep learning curve

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReliable systems and excellent IT support

ConsAggressive prima donna women who are short tempered

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep egos in check

Great Opportunities

Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company is so big that you can learn a lot and the online training is great. The company promotes mobility. it's flexiable with time/personal mgmt. you're able to work remotely. Provide back up day care for ER. tution assistance which is great!

ConsThough the company promotes mobility it's very difficult to even get HR to look at your resume. It's difficult for internals to move around. It's who you know to put the word out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne piece of advice for HR is to look at for your current employee first instead of ignoring them or by passing them when they meet the requirements. Every dept should have the ability to work remotely.

Overall good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of access to career options in various fields and opportunity to explore career opportunities around the world that you can utilize easily.

ConsDespite having lots of opportunities available, it may be hard to connect with people in various locations since the company is so large.

AVP/Associate/Officer--Commercial Bank

Officer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat work environment. Flexibility to work remotely if necessary. Not a lot of micro-managing, despite the many layers of leadership. Lots of areas for growth and movement if you're in the right Line of Business (LoB). The is a REAL sense of commitment to diversity. They encourage volunteering and being a part of business resource groups. If you want to advance you have to get out and meet people. There's lot of opportunity but you have to be pro-active. All the people that know people move on and up often.

ConsLot os managers, and managers managers. Not a lot of transparency with pay grades, bonuses, and what goes into that. Can be confusing to navigate if you're a new hire and trying to determine total compensation.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!