J.P. Morgan

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.4 3,625 reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group(in 189 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees(in 162 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities(in 203 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation(in 165 reviews)

3,625 Employee Reviews

Great contracts

Chief Architect (Current Employee) Whippany, NJ

ProsHigh pay & busy work

ConsContracts max at 18 months

I've had the opportunity to consistently grow as a professional while gaining exposure to multiple different functions.

ProsPersonal growth
    Strong senior management that positions the company well for the long term
    The ability to constantly improve and broaden your skillset

ConsWork life balance is not a strong suit
    Management should look to take more proactive approach to addressing business issues

Plenty of Opportunities

Analyst (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsGood place to work with decent compensation.......Good for people who like to move as career mobility is encouraged

ConsNot very lively...dull some times

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more team activities for team

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great company to work for, they value you as a member of the firm

Prosit is a very good environment to work in

Consno cons, really happy with the firm

Bankruptcy Specialist

Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsVery happy with the benefits. The company also had a great Health Wellness program where you can earn dollars towards your Flex Plan. The communication to employees on company news, department procedures was expedient.. Impressed with the volunteer programs that helps with the community. I felt the company cared.

ConsSupervisors need more management training. There was an active employee class action suit in process when I left. The supervisors seemed overwork and stressed which reflected on the team morale. The company also had "Lines of Business" (another term for other company departments) which had different cultures- there was no continuity as times. Example one department (Foreclosure) can wear corporate casual & jeans daily while the BK Dept cannot. That didn't make sense to me since we were all in the same floor, in Operations site where there was no physical customer contact.

Good company to work for

Recruiter (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI enjoyed working at the firm. It was easy to recruit there because we were very well known and the firm had a lot of notoriety. I had some good learning opportunities while I was there and it prepared me for other things. Telecommuting was an option and that was great.

ConsThere were limited advance opportunities in Chicago. The headquarters moved to NY after the merger and that is where the vast majority of the opportunities were located. Managers need to do more to retain talent, such as creating advancement opportunities. You can get stuck if you are not careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has a lot of work to do related to diversity. There were a lack of advancement opportunities for diverse talent and that is why they left the organization. People often did not feel welcomed or valued at the firm.

JPMorgan Chase Bank NA is Great

RM2+ (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to work, good benefits and culture

ConsA bit of high turnover causes anxiety

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain more

My experience at Chase has been very pleasurable

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Conroe, TX

ProsPros for working at Chase is the hours of operation

ConsCons for working at Chase is they have the longest business hours for a bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management does rather well.

I had some really good opportunities for growth and some challenging assignments while at Chase.

Business Banker (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe ability to move around different areas within Retail and Business Banking. The benefits were good.

ConsThe culture, in my opinion, is one that you will never do enough and you will not be sufficiently rewarded for exceptional performance, in spite of the evidence of how you have performed.

A city unto itself

Rotational Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHuge. If you are good navigating fiefdoms, cliques, and bureaucracies, you will be able to find places to learn and places to go when you're through. A well-run, if gigantic, operation.

ConsFiefdoms means sometimes you're a serf. Big, and often risk-adverse. Integrated operations means a thicket of stakeholders.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology, and hire more CompSci folk as mainline analysts. You'll be glad you did.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!