J.P. Morgan Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

3,915 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,098 Ratings

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group (in 189 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees (in 162 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities (in 203 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation (in 165 reviews)

More Highlights

153 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun and friendly place to work, sad to leave, will probably come back in the future. Thank you for the oppportunity.

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker  in  Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Got my licenses plus on-going training for the current position is always in place. Supervisor work with you to enhance good working environment and meet your goals.

Cons

There are no challenges, but more training could be in place to teach new skills and promote to enhance career advancement

Its a wonderful company to work for!

Former Employee - Information Analyst  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Information Analyst in Lewisville, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My management was awesome. I had wfh one day a week, great benefits, and health plan.

Cons

I worked in the corporate office in Lewisville. Initially the environment was great, everyone were friends and we did alot of pot lucks. Then layoffs started and the employee moral had decreased. The team members were given more work and were appreciated less. We did less team building activities too. It became a work-only type of environment in which people just came in, did their 8-5 shift (sometimes overtime), and went home.

Positive environment keeps everyone happy, wanting to produce quality work, and prevents great employees from leaving the company.

Good work/life balance, good benefits/vacation.

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Outstanding Salary/comapny growth/vacation 4 weeks to start

Cons

None that I have seen other than many re-orgs and management changes.

N/A

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work if you don't mind a large corporate feel

Former Employee - Claims Analyst  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Lewisville, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work was consistent. There's always checks to cash and applications to process. There are some good corporate perks through Chase and other various programs.

Cons

The company is so large there isn't really a personal touch. You're basically a number who performs various functions on numbers. But if you don't mind just showing up and doing your work it's a good job.

Make sure you treat your employees with respect. Do your best to provide career and development opportunities. Take personal interest in your employees.

Decent place for internship, Dallas Tx

Former Employee - Applications Developer Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Developer Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan as an intern for less than a year

Pros

High pay for internship role, low pay for starting salary. Won't be taking offer with them as it is 10-15k less than the market for my major. Old and out dated technologies.

Cons

Internship is structured so that an offer is extended and must be accepted or declined before you begin your final year of college, in essence if you accept it you are being recruited before other companies can give you offers. That combined with the less than average salary makes it seem like a scam to me, they are looking to hire bright, intelligent employees, at an underpaid starting salary, before other companies can give them offers.

Management was very friendly and easy to get along with, the biggest complaints were with the overarching structure of the internship, not with the individual managers I worked with. They were all nice and helpful people.

Financial Services and IT

Former Employee - Vice President Investmenk Banking  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President Investmenk Banking in Dallas, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Benefits, vacation, flexible work arrangements

Cons

Avg Compensation, Poor management communications.

Okay

Former Employee - Mail Extractor  in  DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Mail Extractor in DFW, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, good part time job

Cons

No room to move up

Not what you'd expect

Current Employee - Loan Servicing Spec  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Servicing Spec in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job is the only pro. It is by far one of the worse companies I have worked for. The supervisors and management are either too laid back and indifferent or strict and over your shoulder all the time. They micromanage everything with their time and processed items programs they have. It measures productivity which in hindsight is a bad idea for the people with several job functions throughout their shift. You will get laid off if you dont meet their standards of productivity no matter how hard you work and how much you lend yourself to other departments

Cons

High turn over
    lack of management or managerial training
    Non department specific training classes
    Pick and choose what skills you learn for your department, you won't know everything if you needed to fill in for a member of your team

Quit your day job, lack of job skills on your part makes very unhappy employees

The Employer of Choice

Former Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Dallas, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Top benefits, great rewards for hard workers who come up with efficient methods and positive solutions. Lots of lateral mobility. Environment that encourages change and improvement. If the culture of the firm suits you, then you will keep wanting to come back (if you ever do leave). You get a feeling that you are working in a center of excellence. Work from home opportunities are great!

Cons

Not for those who are afraid of change. Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client. This can interfere with work-life balance.

JPMorgan is focused on cost cutting and efficiency but sometimes sacrifices the human aspect of employees. Please shift a bit more to caring about employees to maintain a balance. Try to bring back the loyalty that it once was.

The experience at JP Morgan was great, great company to work for with excellent benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Retail Closer, Modification Specialist,  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Retail Closer, Modification Specialist, in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company offers in house transfers, you have to be flexible to work for JP Morgan Chase.

Cons

Sometimes your position may change so therefore you must be flexible.

Time off policies may need to be amended. I don't understand how a person can have a time off balance but then if you call in sick the employee receives an occurrence.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!