J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 30, 2014

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group (in 189 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees (in 162 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities (in 203 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation (in 165 reviews)

More Highlights
140 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The experience at JP Morgan was great, great company to work for with excellent benefits.

Senior Retail Closer, Modification Specialist, (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsCompany offers in house transfers, you have to be flexible to work for JP Morgan Chase.

ConsSometimes your position may change so therefore you must be flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime off policies may need to be amended. I don't understand how a person can have a time off balance but then if you call in sick the employee receives an occurrence.

Enterprise Level Experience.

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsChallenging Environment, work-life balance, sometimes gets rough.

ConsLatest Technologies are difficult, lags behind industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to industry solutions, instead of N-3.

Awesome Company

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsGreat people to work with
    Great training
    Compensation is good if you are just starting out

ConsJust depends on where you work, but management can be difficult

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Billing analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsBest team related experience I've ever had. The company provides proper training and opportunities to help you grow in many ways.

Consdepending on locality, leadership could use some improvement but when you voice that to your managers, they listen. Training within the Billing department has a lot of moving components and you can easily be confused but if you speak up and ask for help, there are team members who are willing to walk you through every procedure so it's important to speak up!

Meh

Remittance Processor (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsIt brought in a pay check. The best thing about this job is that you had weekends off. During high volumes, there may be extra hours available on weekends.

ConsDuring low volumes people were asked to go home. It's a good place for students to work for extra cash but I don't see how people can support families with that kind of instability.
    You're a cog in a machine.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like you care about the employees.

Great for learning the industry, bad for monetary growth..

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt's a global company that allows you to access every type of business. If you want to learn it, the resources are there for you.

ConsIf you don't know a significant person or negotiate your pay high when you come in, you become stagnant in your career and pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your talent and reward those people that are true stakeholders that impact your LOB! Don't let good talent leave if you can manage!

interesting....however unexpected laid off was very shocking

Data Entry (Former Employee) Irving, TX

Prosgreat work environment with great potentials..

Consto learn as much as possible

Advice to Senior Managementas for me personally.. i was treated well

Good Company

Vice President (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsManagement recognizes efforts and employees receive bonuses and good salaries. Benefits are good. Many resources to contact for assistance.

ConsA large organization so may be difficult to navigate. Moves slowly when trying to get projects completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee suggestions.

Deadend

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsAt least I am employed, for time being.

Consconstant layoff rumors, no advancement, over 8 years in management, transferred to this state within company unable to get position so I took what I could get. This was a mistake because then they only were allowing lateral moves so was never able to achieve managerial position again. Previously with 5 years with the company your vacation was 5 weeks, they changed the policy and now the most you can get is 4 weeks. They also downgraded the health insurance where it costs more and the best policy they offer now is awful. Bonuses are non-existent for most employees now. Luckily I still get a yearly, rather than monthly but my yearly is the equivalent of what one of my monthly was. Many people around me didn't even get a yearly bonus this year. As you guessed company moral is very low. To advance in the company you must become best buddies with the right group, it's common knowledge around they only advance their friends, even ones that don't have degrees or the experience required for the position. Definitely time to move on to another company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of promoting buddies, without the experience and knowledge, try to promote people who truly know the job. People don't have faith in management, for every good manager there is at least 20 that don't know what is going on, don't have the experience level and degree, and are unable to answer simple questions management should know. It's a joke. It is part of the reason so many errors and lawsuits are becoming common within the company.

Not as customer centric as it used to be,

Personal Banker II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits are really good, co-workers are great and so are the customers. Sales goals aren't too aggressive. Customer service is key driving force for most.

ConsTraining is not sufficient for the position and rules change frequently without being communicated properly. Branches are frequently short staffed making it stressful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe upper management should be more involved in what is being done in the branches by all team members. Often we didn't have any management at the branch at all which made it a very difficult to run the branch.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!