J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Reviews in Illinois

Updated Jul 21, 2014

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group(in 185 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees(in 161 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities(in 202 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation(in 165 reviews)

196 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Friendly

Loan Support (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

Prosgood people easy going friendly

Consnone don't have anything to say

JPMorgan Chase Bank NA is Great

RM2+ (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to work, good benefits and culture

ConsA bit of high turnover causes anxiety

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain more

Good company to work for

Recruiter (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI enjoyed working at the firm. It was easy to recruit there because we were very well known and the firm had a lot of notoriety. I had some good learning opportunities while I was there and it prepared me for other things. Telecommuting was an option and that was great.

ConsThere were limited advance opportunities in Chicago. The headquarters moved to NY after the merger and that is where the vast majority of the opportunities were located. Managers need to do more to retain talent, such as creating advancement opportunities. You can get stuck if you are not careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has a lot of work to do related to diversity. There were a lack of advancement opportunities for diverse talent and that is why they left the organization. People often did not feel welcomed or valued at the firm.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job for entry level. Politics kills

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEarly learning in a very intense environment. Lots of opportunities to get hands dirty as a fresh grad. Strong Middle level management talent. Good resume add

ConsNeed to work the network hard. Fast pace can wear you out. Politics at the higher level management is intense and frustrating. Some times slow growth prospects

Great company, management personnel could use some tuning though.

Senior VA Loan Processor (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsThe pay is great and the colleagues are wonderful. Everyone is very helpful with each other and its a great work environment. The moral is great until upper management steps in and spoils all the fun.

ConsManagement. The management has such pressure to meet goals that they sometimes overload the employees. Its not always their fault as their job is on the line too. Working for a bank is strenuous and mundane. All they care about is money. It'd be nice if they cared more for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis advice is for upper management. Train your people correctly. Let them do their jobs and stop pressuring for more to be done when it is nearly impossible. Don't lay off veterans that you say you support, just because your refinance loan rates go up. This doesn't coincide with the "hire 100,000 veterans initiative". Its a load of crap. This will fall on deaf ears but I suggest the company stop trying to make as much money as possible and concentrate more on its people and the communities. Making too much money is whats wrong withe the world. You can't take it with you when you die, so whats the real point? All we're doing is earning the board and its chairman more money.

Good benefits, but bad environments

KYC Associate Senior (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFree access to museums, etc.
    Free premium bank accounts
    Free security deposit box

ConsYou are nothing but a number, literally.

Unhappy Manager

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou can make a lot of money, and they offer great training.

ConsYour work life balance will be off. When I started, the bank was called bank one. What a wonderful bank to work for. Once Chase bought the bank, things started changing. You have to adapt to change, which is fine. But they beat down a lot of employees, that is why they are always hiring. As many employees leave after being beat down so many years. One other thing, corporate politics are in play always. District Manager hold employees back, if it is going to mess with their district. Movement is allowed, but you have to jump through hoops to get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work with upper management to allow the lower end of the workforce to have a nice quality of life. Or a good work-life balance, i have seen managers take advantage of people, and scare them with their jobs. Or the fact they will lose it, if they don't bend over backwards for them.

ahh..

Vice President, Technology (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSecured. Extra large operations and scale.

ConsUnfair, compensation wise and work load wise.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary level the company.

Loan Processor

Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company has plenty to offer when it comes to benefits.

ConsMassive layoffs within a year of hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring so many at one time to reduce the large amount of layoff

There are both pros and cons, but overall it's ok.

Consumer Loan Spec III (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsTime-off policies... most employees got an additional week of paid vacation this year... I now have 4 weeks (5 yrs of total service). Leave policies are really accommodating. I received chemo and radiation following a breast cancer diagnosis, and the company has a policy that allowed me to receive my full salary as long as worked 60% of my regular schedule.. that was HUGE with the increased medical expenses.

ConsSince my department "doesn't generate revenue for the company", my co-workers and I aren't eligible for any type of bonus or incentive. There's no official mentoring program in place. Opportunities for career advancement aren't available in all areas of the company. Salary ranges are very broad and vary greatly within the same department. Management isn't able to help you define a career path or trajectory.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut an official mentoring program in place or provide direction for how to obtain one. Come up with a way to provide incentives (even if they're non-monetary) to those individuals/departments that "don't generate revenue for the company". We work just as hard as everyone else and still make valid contributions. Provide information that illustrates different career paths based on skills and current positions.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!