J.P. Morgan

4,675 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,538 Ratings

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 243 reviews)

• Lots of great benefits such as a Pension, 5% matching contribution up to (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment (in 262 reviews)

• Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client (in 197 reviews)

More Highlights

36 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Do your job and you are fine.

Current Employee - UW Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - UW Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is all about who you work for with this company. If you have a good supervisor you will have a pleasant experience here.

Cons

You have sick days but can't use them by calling out.

Great job overall if you do not have a bachelor's degree

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great insurance benefits - coverage is available for anything and everything that could happen to you. Also affordable. Decent 401k/pension plan. 100%matching up to 5% contributions. Decent amount of PTO as well as paid holidays, sick days, personal days.

Cons

Work-life balance could be better for the pay. Expected to make yourself available at any time but pay does not always reflect the work that is put out.

Please pay AND reward your employees based on actual production statistics and quality scores, not just senority. Politics often play a big part because people like to run things like we're high school kids and there is always some kind of drama going on. Also, treat the employees the same across the board - don't pick and choose who you like that can work from home and who needs to be in the office. Also, it does not reflect very well on the company when raises and bonuses are so small and you read about upper management who took in multi-million dollar bonuses and raises; especially when the people in upper management already make more than everyone else. We all work our butts off.

Great Company, Great team

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Granted a great deal of decision making power. Boss was very supportive, teammates were very nice.

Cons

It was only a contract

keep up the fantastic work.

Loan Processor, Teams worked with them self. Growth was there for some of the personal. Loan officers not mush to say.

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a pay check. Company Values were there. But Team managers and center manager that is all I cansay.

Cons

The System Processor were working on one system and underwriters were working on another. The 2 system did not talk to each other. It took longer to get a loan in to closing then it took to process the hole loan.

Get a better system. And when processing is holding over 100 loans. Be there for them

JPMorgan Chase was a very professional place to work. I worked with a lot of skilled and competent people.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time

Pros

I worked with some very capable people who were open to discussions on how to improve processes or how to approach different exercises we worked. I felt like my opinion mattered.

Cons

The mortgage industry is going through a lot of changes and government oversight has increased which creates an enormous amount of work to meet compliance and reporting requirements. Depending on what your job duties are you could be facing a lot of overtime - sometimes it is planned and sometimes it's not. Delinquency rates are improving and foreclosures are decreasing which is great for the economy but not so great if your job happens to be in Mortgage Default. Layoffs have been pretty constant and I met that fate.

Amazing, they rehire their employees or replace them in another area if possible.

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Is they do pay their employee better then some companies, they take care of you

Cons

Need to stick to having a career paths. I never had that chance so now I am looking for a job and would love to come back and work in NY City or back in Jacksonville, FL

I have had some excellent managers however I have had some that didn't care about you as a person and seem to look down upon their team. Motivation and respect should always be there.

Good Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Benefit package is well worth the cons.

Cons

Sr. Mgt does not keep line managers updated.

Ended too soon

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large Bank. Leader in the industry

Cons

Culture changing. Do not seem to care about their employees like they did in the past. HR never provides any real answers . Everything just to protect the company. More concerned with the company than the employees

Need to start focusing on what really matters. Too much time spent checking the box on stuff instead of doing the work and making sure it is done right.

Fulfilling and Chanllenging, I miss working for Chase

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close knit workplace, team atmosphere with little office drama compared to my current place of employment. Advancement for those who want it, security for those who perform.

Cons

Pay increases are hard to come by even when advancing, compeditors pay more by 15-20 percent for the same kind of work.

Relax the pay increase rules as it pertains to promotions and you will keep your top tallent. Don't keep good people in low salaries for rules that can be applied where never intended.

Overall a great experience.

Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company treats employees well and fairly. The company has an excellent reputation and I am proud to work here.

Cons

Typical negative of working for a very large corporation. You are unknown and not considered a part of the sucess of the company. Despite what management says.

Generally a good job, however lower level employees have little say or influence in how their job is done.