J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 10, 2014

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group(in 185 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees(in 161 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities(in 202 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation(in 165 reviews)

38 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I loved working at Chase

Assistant Vice President Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMy co-workers and direct reports were a joy to work with. They took their job seriously and performed quite well. I was able to work in various departments and was promoted many times.

ConsSome in middle management was very abusive. Most managers under her were afraid to talk to h/r about it because they were afraid of retribution. I spoke with h/r and she denied everything. She made my last year at Chase miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage cross training amongst certain departments. Ex. Originations: underwriters, processors, closers, quality assurance should all know what each department does. Default: Collections, loss mitigation, bankruptcy, foreclosure.

Business Analysis & Reporting Analyst

Business Analysis & Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFlexiable working hours. Nine paid vacation holidays. Three week vacation days and increase with tenor. Paid cash incentive bonuses.

ConsOffice culture is clickish.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo create a cohesive environment might want to consider meet and greets within the office.

Great while it lasted

Loss Mitigation Underwriter Auditor (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat benefits good supervisors

ConsClosed all corporate offices in California

Advice to Senior ManagementWould have been nice to transfer more employees to other positions instead of laying off so many people at one time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller

Bank Teller (Former Employee) La Habra, CA

ProsChase has great benefits to offer.

ConsTime - Off policies. No flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be more understanding/flexible with single parents.

Analyst

Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsRigor and access to resources and people

ConsPolitics and lack of opportunity for growth

Customer Service

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Placentia, CA

ProsGreat Benefits, commissions, friendly co-workers and great computer system

ConsNever looked at work ethics

Driven hard working organized employee.

Personal Banker II (Current Employee) Northridge, CA

ProsI always like to grow and be the Number one successful and most importantly make more money.

ConsNo challenge, I know myself that I work hard to meet my goals.

Advice to Senior Managementto give me the opportunity for success.

Awesome experience, wonderful company to work for.

Facilities Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTons of support , lots of room for growth. Salary is very competitive. Newest and latest technology. Culture is great very diverse. Enjoyed the my experience with Jpm Chase. The company is huge with tons of growth

ConsVery large company, processes sometimes moves slowly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth is encouraged.

One of the greatest companies to work for with the culture, the atmosphere, and the ability to grow.

Private Bank Analyst (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe ability to grow within the company and the massive amounts of opportunities are what make JPMorgan Chase & Co. a great company to work for. The people you spend your career with become life long friends and it makes every day fruitful. The knowledge you will receive and be trained on will be a step above any other company. If you like the idea of coming to the office and striving to be the best, this is the company for you.

ConsToo many times I would have to discuss life issues with people who couldn't leave it at the door. I believe this is at any company.

Care more about the bottom line and not people.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTechnology, full service financial provider, convenience

ConsDo not value employee's experience, just want "yes" men

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!