J.P. Morgan

Updated February 26, 2015
3.8

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 243 reviews)

• Lots of great benefits such as a Pension, 5% matching contribution up to (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment (in 262 reviews)

• Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client (in 197 reviews)

More Highlights

52 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Not bad

Current Employee - Private Client Banker in Hacienda Heights, CA
    Current Employee - Private Client Banker in Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good foundation, clear commission incentive plan

Cons

U have to fight other bankers to claim ur own sales tho

too many to list

Great - but they are a company who works for their stockholders

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

They have great benefits, pay is on par and if you are successful in helping JP Morgan move forward you will be rewarded

Cons

They are a company, and as with most companies they are there for profit and shareholders. They make decisions / have made decisions that support that goal and at times, that means thousands get laid off.

Try to make the place a family oriented as possible in order to over come of the corporate requirements

Good while it lasted, but laid off

Former Employee - Mortgage Banking Closer in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banking Closer in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary, good benefits, matching 401K, pension, overtime

Cons

Constant internal restructuring, no job security, advancement opportunities

Keep employees happier, so work production will be better

Meet some great people

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great working environment where everyone helped each other out.
    Management was very knowledgeable and always supportive
    Great benefits and supportive on requesting time off when needed
    Great overall teamwork

Cons

Frequent lay offs
    Job stability isn't there

You were all great, keep up the great work ethic

Given my branch location and excellent management, I feel great about my company.

Current Employee - Relationship Banker - Small Business Specialist in Lakewood, CA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Having a great customer software platform that's always looking to improve on the process is a BIG plus. The company is dynamically evolving but with a purpose. We are continually striving to make our technology easy to use and universal but not forgetting the fundamentals of banking and the human touch. Service any need exceptionally when possible, prove trustworthiness and reliability and then ask for the business. That is the fundamental vision of our company. I am glad to be the "Face of Chase." I am glad to be able to help people and get to know them.

Cons

I can honestly say that I am lucky. No cons are staggeringly prohibitive. I have available to me an excellent management staff and wonderful partners. Other branch employees can't say what I can.

Follow the example of my Branch Manager, she knows how to get the most out of her staff. She is fair, informative, inclusive and always willing to jump in the trenches. A branch manager that knows how to relate to their staff is the most effective one. Credit to Hortencia Sanchez for bringing our branch from the bottom to 19th in our Peer Level rankings

A Great working experience

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good commission if you set your mind to it

Cons

Long hours, micro management and very stressful

Let the bankers work, we are sales people and don't need to be harped on when we are there to make money.

Becoming too corporate, less focus on customer service and employee satisfaction, More focus on being a car salesman.

Former Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker Small Business Specialist in Diamond Bar, CA

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

commission, some coworkers are enjoyable, get you licensed

Cons

poor management, clear trickle down effect. Very few managers are individuals, they are simply robots transferring information from higher ups.

Management takes strong leadership, take responsibility and own your branches. Use common sense. There is a growing amount of spineless women being hired as managers because they are easily influenced and controlled. When i first started in 2010, I only had women management and they were great, all formerly managers from Washington mutual. Chase has stripped all independence from their managers and you are now robots working for the man, instead of regular people helping customers. You are now just a Big business that hooked a great population of consumers on an idea of a big bank with a small bank feel, but now that you have all the customers, you car just going back to a corporate big bank that only cares about the big fish.

Private Baking Analyst

Former Employee - Private Bank Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Private Bank Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

bulg bracket, lots of opportunities

Cons

not mentally stimulating, simple work and no skin in the game like at brokers/wire house

Decent company to work for. Has made adjustments in the past couple years

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company. Business programs get better and better.

Cons

Intensive is getting worse and worse every year

no comment

Working for J.P. Morgan Chase

Former Employee - Financial Advisor Associate/Private Client Banker in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A brand people recognize, good benefits/perks program for employees. Platform continuously being enhanced, very good data sources. Good integration between branch channels; providing clients with a somewhat seamless transition between banking, investments, business, and lending.

Cons

Incentive program was cut every year. Higher production required to make the same or less than previous year. Employee expectations and responsibilities continuously increase; salaries rarely increase. Top performers typically get "meets expectations" in performance reviews. Very hard to move up in within the organization based on performance alone. Communication between departments is not seamless. Advisor/Banker support could be more efficient.

Keep focusing on the customer experience. Fully staff branches. Recognize and appreciate employee performance and development.