J.P. Morgan

JP Morgan Chase - Don't join this firm

Associate (Current Employee)
Newark, NJ

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros- Great work life balance
- Decent benefits
- 22 days of time off
- Big brand name

Cons- Very Bureaucratic environment. Takes forever to get anything done
- Responsibility without authority
- Promotions are adhoc and not based on experience or skill sets or value addition
- Worst HR that I have ever seen. Does not get back to you if you have any queries
- Pay is below industry standard
- Run like a government organization

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your middle management or make them more effective. Provide opportunities for people to grow. Remove the rule that there will be no change in position or salary if you move across departments. People move for growth. Would you rather a valuable employee move to a competitor? Provide a clear career growth path and direction for people. Make your HR more responsive. In Asset management, the HR needs improvement. Pay per market standards.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan reviews and ratings in Newark, NJ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon. All reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees.