J.P. Morgan

4,422 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,404 Ratings

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 243 reviews)

• Lots of great benefits such as a Pension, 5% matching contribution up to (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment (in 262 reviews)

• Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client (in 197 reviews)

More Highlights

264 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I enjoyed working for the company, but my whole department was laid off.

Current Employee - CFA Consumer Loan Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - CFA Consumer Loan Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun place to work. The company was a relaxed environment on the home mortgage side. I liked my managers,

Cons

Laid off despite top 5% in production and one of the lead performers in my department. I never received benefits while working at Chase.

Be more proactive with keeping good employees.

Fine company, but I can find something better that values me more

Current Employee - CDP Operations Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - CDP Operations Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a huge company so there a lot of people to meet and places to work. You can work with different people not just all over the U.S. but also the entire world. Also, you can most likely find something that sparks your interest and network to put yourself in a better position to obtain your goals.

Cons

It's a lot harder to get the salary you should be paid if you only move within the company. They value talent that comes from outside the company much more and definitely show it in how they pay outside managers versus internal. If you start here, and like it, it's much better to leave and come back later.

Be more flexible in terms of training, education, and the career aspirations of employees.

Chase has been a great opportunity to expand my PM skills and learn new technologies.

Current Employee - Vice President Technology Project Management in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Vice President Technology Project Management in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to move around and gain a greater breath of business acumen. Exposure to cutting edge technologies and work life balance add to the benefits.

Cons

Promotional opportunities are limited but ability to lateral is encouraged. The parking is very limited in the Polaris campus creating a culture of eating at desks for lunch since it is too difficult to leave for lunch.

Promote within the company when warranted versus looking outside. While it is excellent approach to get fresh views into the company, it is a better strategy to carefully balance the new hires with internal promotions.

Solid company with solid talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are top-notc. They are more interested in getting the job done right than making sure they get credit for all the things that just happen to go right. Good vacation benefits and pay

Cons

Pay increases are incremental and not closely tied to individual performance, but rather to the performance of the division or organization.

Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Deposit Account Collections Specialist II in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Deposit Account Collections Specialist II in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Very competitive benefits packages
    -A lot of paid vacation time, even for new employees
    -tuition reimbursement after working for the company for 1 year

Cons

-Management tends to tow the company line, specifically when it comes to policy that doesn't make sense
    -grading for quality standards vary from manager to manager
    -training is not very good. peer coaching is excellent, but peer coaches are not adequately compensated so most stop assisting new hires after a week or so

-streamline training and internally hire job-specific trainers, that way we can ensure they know what they're talking about.
    -compensate employees that do more for the company (peer coaches get bas pay and often miss out on the chance to bonus, usually resulting in the new hires getting more pay than them)

Excellent experience

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The office cultyre in GTI is great. We are a production environment. so everyone is focused on their numbers, but management seems to try to keep the overall environment relaxed.

Cons

Little chance for advancement, although they seem to be working towards a solution

Keep the lines of communication open.

Lies

Former Employee - Operations Senior Specialist in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Operations Senior Specialist in Westerville, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working for a contract company while there, my co workers were very nice & some are still my friends.

Cons

The lies of them saying that they'd treat employees with respect, fairness, no discrimination/nepotism/favoritism, spending time taking test of how employees are to be treated & then expected to finish an outrage quote & the brain washing of some that they are being treated well.

Many of the department supervisors were hired in to departments that they had the slightest idea of what that department did, how it is done, what the purpose is for & they'd fix the processes that weren't broken, then go back to the original process, add multiple programs to processes that are very time consuming that crashes often & some of the supervisors/AVP's/VP's/managers/team leads don't know how to treat people & will stab people in the back just because their manager told them to.

I am a technology analyst in their Enterprise Systems

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, nice coworkers, ability to move within firm

Cons

Inability of management to actually control what is happening in our area

N/A

app dev manager

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

big company that leads the industry with good revenue growth, and provides decent benefits

Cons

extremely poor work life balance. 60 hrs/week is considered normal by some dept managers

time to think long term and build a loyal work force borne out of job satisfaction

Poor work life balance

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay better than market. The location at Polaris is great

Cons

Terrible work life balance. The bar is raised each year and this work life balance only gets worse

Think long term. Everything is viewed so short term