www.jpmorganchase.com

4,629 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,511 Ratings

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 243 reviews)

• Lots of great benefits such as a Pension, 5% matching contribution up to (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment (in 262 reviews)

• Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client (in 197 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with lots of career paths

Former Employee - Vice President - Asset Management in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President - Asset Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large company which can be a negative sometimes but it offers employees a ton of career possibilities.

Cons

For a large company the benefits are below average especially health care options which are expensive.

Great job overall if you do not have a bachelor's degree

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great insurance benefits - coverage is available for anything and everything that could happen to you. Also affordable. Decent 401k/pension plan. 100%matching up to 5% contributions. Decent amount of PTO as well as paid holidays, sick days, personal days.

Cons

Work-life balance could be better for the pay. Expected to make yourself available at any time but pay does not always reflect the work that is put out.

Please pay AND reward your employees based on actual production statistics and quality scores, not just senority. Politics often play a big part because people like to run things like we're high school kids and there is always some kind of drama going on. Also, treat the employees the same across the board - don't pick and choose who you like that can work from home and who needs to be in the office. Also, it does not reflect very well on the company when raises and bonuses are so small and you read about upper management who took in multi-million dollar bonuses and raises; especially when the people in upper management already make more than everyone else. We all work our butts off.

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

The company has positions all over the globe so it is possible to move and still keep a job within the company.

Cons

They continue to block bankers from getting any increase in salary and lower the incentive possibilities.

Valuable time spent at the firm

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Good work/life balance.
    Internal mobility supported
    Decent benefits from what I can tell compared to others.
    Good retirement matching plan.

Cons

J.P. Morgan is a very, very large firm - unsurprisingly, there is big firm bureaucracy.
    Sometimes it seems the balance between documenting processes and doing other "busy work" kind of paperwork occupies an inordinate amount of time compared to getting to the core tasks at hand.

Underwriting

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Great Benefits, A lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Promotions don't come with a pay bump.

When promoting someone who takes one more responsibility they should get more money, and in a timely manner.

Given my branch location and excellent management, I feel great about my company.

Current Employee - Relationship Banker - Small Business Specialist in Lakewood, CA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Having a great customer software platform that's always looking to improve on the process is a BIG plus. The company is dynamically evolving but with a purpose. We are continually striving to make our technology easy to use and universal but not forgetting the fundamentals of banking and the human touch. Service any need exceptionally when possible, prove trustworthiness and reliability and then ask for the business. That is the fundamental vision of our company. I am glad to be the "Face of Chase." I am glad to be able to help people and get to know them.

Cons

I can honestly say that I am lucky. No cons are staggeringly prohibitive. I have available to me an excellent management staff and wonderful partners. Other branch employees can't say what I can.

Follow the example of my Branch Manager, she knows how to get the most out of her staff. She is fair, informative, inclusive and always willing to jump in the trenches. A branch manager that knows how to relate to their staff is the most effective one. Credit to Hortencia Sanchez for bringing our branch from the bottom to 19th in our Peer Level rankings

Great experience working for this company.

Current Employee - Global Wealth Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Wealth Management in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company offers competitive pay and benefits packaging. It also has a great mobility program with different areas of the bank.

Cons

Pay is certainly not at the top of the industry. Some may say it is too big of a company, and too much bureaucracy. Technology could be improved throughout the firm.

Specialist Advisor

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Building relationships and solving customer 's problem .always confronted t reality.

Cons

stressful sometimes,but it gets enjoyable when goals are met

n/a

great

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

nice working for the company great co workers

Cons

not a lot of hours

more hours

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

J.P. Morgan has a great collaborative culture

Cons

Compensation for analysts can be below that of GS, Citi, etc