J.P. Morgan

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.4 3,653 reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group (in 189 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees (in 162 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities (in 203 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation (in 165 reviews)

More Highlights
3,653 Employee Reviews

Investment Banking Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training program
    Work on a variety of interesting projects
    Good access to senior leadership

ConsLong hours and overworked employees

JPMorgan Chase Bank is a highly competitive, fast pace and professional working environment.

Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsSenior management does a good job sharing the future direction and challenges of the business.
    Cross training between departments has helped to break down silos and improve overall bank performance.

ConsWork-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecommend employee job rotation on an annual or up to 3 years base to prevent burnout syndrom.

The experience at JP Morgan was great, great company to work for with excellent benefits.

Senior Retail Closer, Modification Specialist, (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsCompany offers in house transfers, you have to be flexible to work for JP Morgan Chase.

ConsSometimes your position may change so therefore you must be flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime off policies may need to be amended. I don't understand how a person can have a time off balance but then if you call in sick the employee receives an occurrence.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The bank is excellent to work for

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany cares you are not a number

ConsScheduling is not flexible for each person

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees equal instead of favorites

Good!

Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsRelaxed environment, good starting pay, schedule your own time off, ability to flex hours or days, management is awesome!!! Set schedule with great hours!

ConsRaises are $0.25 a YEAR and having to sit all day long leads to back pain and other health problems.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great work envronment. Promotes work-life balance. I'd like to think I was able to advance my career with them.

ConsOther companies now attact their talent by offering better compensation that they are unable to match. I've seen it in my team several times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your best and employees by rewarding them with better opportunities and competitive pay. Promote leaders from within instead of hiring from outside JPMC.

Overall positive but it seems there are barricades to advancement

Private Client Banker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI enjoy my uncapped commission, team based sales approach, differentiated product offering, and work life balance. For most career paths there are many ways to advance and many opportunities.

ConsAs a Private Client Banker my options for advancement are limited. I work through Chase Private Client and seemingly have nowhere else to go. J.P. Morgan seems to blacklist employees from the Chase side of the firm and the Private Client Advisor jobs tend to be filled externally by experienced advisors who can bring in outside books.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better career path for Private Client Bankers to progress into advisory roles or into JPM.

Excellence, but it is a Bank with all the respective culture.

ProsThey are aware they are a technology company

ConsDistributed responsibilities makes getting a hold of the correct support team difficult.
    The bonus arrangements encourage individual accomplishment over team
    They use pay scales, not performance, for layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the bonus structure.
    Use performance to determine layoffs, not pay scales.

Current Employee

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Crescent City, CA

ProsGreat benefits even for 20hr/wk employees & competitive pay,

ConsVery pushy about sales. Not as accepting of scheduling days off even in advance.

Enterprise Level Experience.

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsChallenging Environment, work-life balance, sometimes gets rough.

ConsLatest Technologies are difficult, lags behind industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to industry solutions, instead of N-3.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!