J.P. Morgan Reviews

4,130 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,225 Ratings

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 225 reviews)

• Lots of great benefits such as a Pension, 5% matching contribution up to (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment (in 237 reviews)

• Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client (in 185 reviews)

More Highlights

Executive Director within CIB.

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Executive Leadership Team focused on providing First Class Business in a First Class way. It's not just a tag line. It's our mission.

Cons

Pay increases for those that stay with the firm are minimal. There is a definite flattening of compensation going on within our industry.

Don't forget to reward the loyal employees that deliver for the firm at year end.

Chase has been a great opportunity to expand my PM skills and learn new technologies.

Current Employee - Vice President Technology Project Management in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Vice President Technology Project Management in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to move around and gain a greater breath of business acumen. Exposure to cutting edge technologies and work life balance add to the benefits.

Cons

Promotional opportunities are limited but ability to lateral is encouraged. The parking is very limited in the Polaris campus creating a culture of eating at desks for lunch since it is too difficult to leave for lunch.

Promote within the company when warranted versus looking outside. While it is excellent approach to get fresh views into the company, it is a better strategy to carefully balance the new hires with internal promotions.

Investment Banking Associate

Current Employee - Investment Banking Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Investment Banking Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Financial Company. Good remuneration & benefits. Depending on the location, the jobs vary. In Houston, Tx, pretty much support roles for all levels of Investment Banking and Trading applications, related to Front, Middle, Back office Trading. Easy going atmosphere.

Cons

One would get bored doing repetitive tasks.
    Most of the classroom training are offered in India for employees there.
    But very recently, they have enhanced the training program, for online, self paced learning.

Place to make a long career

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Spent 90% of my career at the firm... I would look at the positives as:
    * Global strength
    * Promotes from within
    * Mobility opportunities

Cons

Title advancement.The structure of titles (Associate, VP, Executive Director, Managing Director) does not always reward the employees that are making the best impact in the upper ranks. There are certain criteria in parts of the bank and make it challenging for impact employees to make managing director.

Continue the course this is a great organization in which to work

Solid company with solid talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are top-notc. They are more interested in getting the job done right than making sure they get credit for all the things that just happen to go right. Good vacation benefits and pay

Cons

Pay increases are incremental and not closely tied to individual performance, but rather to the performance of the division or organization.

Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Deposit Account Collections Specialist II in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Deposit Account Collections Specialist II in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Very competitive benefits packages
    -A lot of paid vacation time, even for new employees
    -tuition reimbursement after working for the company for 1 year

Cons

-Management tends to tow the company line, specifically when it comes to policy that doesn't make sense
    -grading for quality standards vary from manager to manager
    -training is not very good. peer coaching is excellent, but peer coaches are not adequately compensated so most stop assisting new hires after a week or so

-streamline training and internally hire job-specific trainers, that way we can ensure they know what they're talking about.
    -compensate employees that do more for the company (peer coaches get bas pay and often miss out on the chance to bonus, usually resulting in the new hires getting more pay than them)

Executive Line Specialist

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Empowerment, competitive wages, flexibility, large corporation, great benefits, encouragement to stay healthy. Company legal trouble doesn't seem to have a direct effect on employees.

Cons

Only room for advancement is with a different line of business or training. If you aren't in the "click" then its likely your hard work will be overlooked.

Personal growth, direct career directions in the call center environment, encourage internal hires with pay increases and not just lateral moves.

Smart people, interesting tech in the right team

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Surrounded by smart, capable people, including bosses. Almost everyone is friendly and easy to get on with. Some cool tech to play with if you're on the right team/project, though some products are old and stale. Solid pay and benefits, though not amazing. Work-life balance good in my team - work from home pretty much whenever I need to, take holidays pretty much when I like, some late nights but not all the time.

Cons

It's a big corp, so there's some fairly heavy bureaucracy pretty much everywhere you turn. While you're piloting an application, you get plenty of freedom, but once you go live, there's no escaping the red tape. Impossible to really be agile at that point. Also, I gather salaries and benefits aren't top in the industry, which is surprising considering JP's position.

Wherever possible, try and streamline processes and red tape.

JP Morgan Chase

Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good working environment, with good people in all areas working for them.

Cons

If you bring your own lunch, you have to bring your own plates and silverware.

Keep up the good work!

Still Learning

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Brand name, huge reputation, history, career mobility tools & programs, company perks

Cons

Haven't found any yet I'm relatively new

Keep promoting inhouse talent