J.P. Morgan

4,613 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,505 Ratings

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 243 reviews)

• Lots of great benefits such as a Pension, 5% matching contribution up to (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment (in 262 reviews)

• Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client (in 197 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with lots of career paths

Former Employee - Vice President - Asset Management in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President - Asset Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large company which can be a negative sometimes but it offers employees a ton of career possibilities.

Cons

For a large company the benefits are below average especially health care options which are expensive.

Great job overall if you do not have a bachelor's degree

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great insurance benefits - coverage is available for anything and everything that could happen to you. Also affordable. Decent 401k/pension plan. 100%matching up to 5% contributions. Decent amount of PTO as well as paid holidays, sick days, personal days.

Cons

Work-life balance could be better for the pay. Expected to make yourself available at any time but pay does not always reflect the work that is put out.

Please pay AND reward your employees based on actual production statistics and quality scores, not just senority. Politics often play a big part because people like to run things like we're high school kids and there is always some kind of drama going on. Also, treat the employees the same across the board - don't pick and choose who you like that can work from home and who needs to be in the office. Also, it does not reflect very well on the company when raises and bonuses are so small and you read about upper management who took in multi-million dollar bonuses and raises; especially when the people in upper management already make more than everyone else. We all work our butts off.

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

The company has positions all over the globe so it is possible to move and still keep a job within the company.

Cons

They continue to block bankers from getting any increase in salary and lower the incentive possibilities.

Given my branch location and excellent management, I feel great about my company.

Current Employee - Relationship Banker - Small Business Specialist in Lakewood, CA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Having a great customer software platform that's always looking to improve on the process is a BIG plus. The company is dynamically evolving but with a purpose. We are continually striving to make our technology easy to use and universal but not forgetting the fundamentals of banking and the human touch. Service any need exceptionally when possible, prove trustworthiness and reliability and then ask for the business. That is the fundamental vision of our company. I am glad to be the "Face of Chase." I am glad to be able to help people and get to know them.

Cons

I can honestly say that I am lucky. No cons are staggeringly prohibitive. I have available to me an excellent management staff and wonderful partners. Other branch employees can't say what I can.

Follow the example of my Branch Manager, she knows how to get the most out of her staff. She is fair, informative, inclusive and always willing to jump in the trenches. A branch manager that knows how to relate to their staff is the most effective one. Credit to Hortencia Sanchez for bringing our branch from the bottom to 19th in our Peer Level rankings

Great experience working for this company.

Current Employee - Global Wealth Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Wealth Management in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company offers competitive pay and benefits packaging. It also has a great mobility program with different areas of the bank.

Cons

Pay is certainly not at the top of the industry. Some may say it is too big of a company, and too much bureaucracy. Technology could be improved throughout the firm.

Great but Large Company

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Service Associate in New York, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall great company. Great CEO. Many opportunities.

Cons

Average compensation. Large company means jobs are silo'ed. Constant risk of outsourcing.

You don't always get what you pay for when moving jobs to lower paying regions. Paying somebody in another country $10,000 to do a job formerly on American soil I believe is short sighted and you will always lose out on some quality. All the big banks are going through this though. Being a big bank has its pros and cons. I moved on to a much smaller firm and am much better compensated for doing similar work that I did at JPM. I still think JPM is a great form and great place to kick off your career but I recommend exploring other options after a few years to see what else out there may better suit you.

Working at the firm and its successors provided me a fabulous career journey!

Former Employee - Applications Developer Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Applications Developer Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Strong, well respected firm, talent colleagues, competitive pay, growing commitment to building an inclusive culture

Cons

Excessive work demands that limit creative thinking

Provide for more think time

Valuable time spent at the firm

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Good work/life balance.
    Internal mobility supported
    Decent benefits from what I can tell compared to others.
    Good retirement matching plan.

Cons

J.P. Morgan is a very, very large firm - unsurprisingly, there is big firm bureaucracy.
    Sometimes it seems the balance between documenting processes and doing other "busy work" kind of paperwork occupies an inordinate amount of time compared to getting to the core tasks at hand.

Meet some great people

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great working environment where everyone helped each other out.
    Management was very knowledgeable and always supportive
    Great benefits and supportive on requesting time off when needed
    Great overall teamwork

Cons

Frequent lay offs
    Job stability isn't there

You were all great, keep up the great work ethic

Nice company to work for, and great people.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Iselin, NJ

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in IB and Card services. I came across with many good people and helped to progress well in my roles. Lot of challenges and a good place to gain a good financial domain expertise.

Cons

Lot of work pressure and technology is always a bit old. But for sure JPMC is far ahead in comparison to other banking institutions.

I suggest to HR to discuss with the leadership and plan the steps to introduce work life balancing work culture.