J.P. Morgan Reviews

3,816 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,040 Ratings

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group (in 189 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees (in 162 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities (in 203 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation (in 165 reviews)

More Highlights

Satisfying place to work w plenty of potential

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Belleville, MI
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Belleville, MI

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Very generous benefits package for entry level management and above; 4 weeks of vacation plus personal time. Senior management at this location was very aware of the work / life balance and open to time off requests.

Cons

JPMorgan is an example of an organization that has gotten too big. The simplest task would take several weeks and phone calls to accomplish. IT was a perfect example, with support locations all throughout the world nothing was ever easy.

Listen to your employees, they have the insight and knowledge of how things work and should be done. I know that organization is under pressure to cut costs, but some departments should really remain in house, not outsourced.

This is a great place to work. I have met some amazing people and have worked on many challenging projects.

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedules, benefits, pay and challenging roles all make this a really great place to work.
    I have truly grown here due to the many exceptional people I have worked with and the variety of projects I have been a part of.

Cons

Although there are countless opportunities here, at a certain point, there seems to be no clear path for taking that next career step.

J.P. Morgan has been extremely rewarding offering satisfying experiences, opportunities and challenges to help me grow.

Current Employee - Operations Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Collegial environment, friendly coworkers, unlike other investment banks I've worked at. Offers awesome experiences to navigate other areas of the bank at the same time as working during your scheduled time.

Cons

Large network, hard to navigate as there are multiple locations throughout the city, sometimes it is a bit political (but if you know how to network, you'll be fine)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very well structured bank

Current Employee - Relationship Banker  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training, technology and excellent coaching

Cons

none the company is run very well

Former project manager

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the smartest and hardest working people I've ever worked with. Expectations are high and that you can keep up in the fast paced environment.

Cons

Low pay despite long hours and high performance (consistently highly rated but compensation never reflected it - main driver of my departure).
    Lots of bureaucracy to deal with, sometimes impedes progress and makes decision making harder than it should be

great company with a lot of talents

I have been working at J.P. Morgan as an intern for more than a year

Pros

exposure to different aspect of the financial services industry, good compensation and benefits, internal mobility is good, open and direct contact with senior management

Cons

training provided is not systematic and clear, can be bureaucratic sometimes

A solid company with good benefits and good resources for helping your professional growth.

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a big company so there are many opportunities to try different roles and work in different areas. The benefits are good and they are big on giving you the resources to educate yourself through online courses in management and other skills.

Cons

In many of the departments they work you hard with some long hours. On the retail side this is especially true. Also, it is hard to move from the retail bank side to a position at corporate.

Trying to move from the retail bank to corporate needs to be easier. Also, work-life balance needs to be improved because in the branches we are struggling to cover hours with too few employees.

Good company, easy to network

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than a year

Pros

the benefits package at the company is competitive and a definite plus. The employees and atmosphere makes work more enjoyable. There are a number of development programs and training's which make it very easy to enhance your skillset.

Cons

easy to move laterally but difficult to move upwards, first crack not always given to internal employees. Work, depending on what you're doing, can be cumbersome. HR is slow, communication not always up to par

Career growth, saying mobility is important and standing by it.

Hard work, fast paced

Current Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good opportunity for internal mobility, fast paced, generally good resources to leverage, people want to do the right thing

Cons

Work life balance can be non- existent if you let it, fast pace can also be frenetic, multiple competing priorities

Great company to work far

Former Employee - Loan Processor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Houston, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A verity of job opportunity within the company

Cons

none at the moment thanks

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!