J.P. Morgan

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.4 3,633 reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group (in 189 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees (in 162 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities (in 203 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation (in 165 reviews)

More Highlights
3,633 Employee Reviews

Investment Banking Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training program
    Work on a variety of interesting projects
    Good access to senior leadership

ConsLong hours and overworked employees

Great if you like working in a big bank, but you better be good at office politics

Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEnormous scale, #1 in most business lines, ability to make a big impact. Prestigious brand that has gotten more valuable with time.

ConsEnormous Scale - a lot of layers of hierarchy, very low churn at the top of the pyramid - hard to rise up beyond a certain level. Very political as you have to not only have the best ideas but also be the best at claiming credit for their execution.

Great place to work

Associate Vice President (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsThe work culture is good! There s scope for vertical, horizontal movement across different groups. Its all over the world which increase career mobility. Compensation is great.

ConsTeams in diverse locations; sometimes, that leads to communication gaps.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

J.P. Morgan chase is fast paced work environment and a huge organization with multiple interrelated projects.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsFlexible with time off and supportive work culture.

ConsToo big company with changing leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better coordination for common project objectives among the different line of business.

Professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity for advancement, good management

ConsCompany can be difficult to get used to in terms of pressure of meeting sales goals

Awesome Company

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsGreat people to work with
    Great training
    Compensation is good if you are just starting out

ConsJust depends on where you work, but management can be difficult

Great environment, poor management

Bank Teller (Former Employee) Richards, TX

ProsI loved who I worked with, where I worked and what I did. I received a "promotion" after a year and a half of working there and was super excited. Average pay, learned a lot!

ConsThe management at the new job was the worst I got fired after only working one month for being late. They considered me being sick and then coming in late the next day and getting sent home from being too sick as "excessive tardies".

Advice to Senior ManagementPick your managers better, hard working employees shouldn't be penalized for the horrible managers.

Great experience except management is hit or miss

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe right manager will empower you to get the job done right. Company offers great products. Great leadership. You feel valued.

ConsSome managers are just mean, have no clue, and micro-manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers play too much politics and do not look out for the client.

Good experience, enjoyed my team

Summer Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsReally enjoyed my team, they are all great people. I also could not have asked for a better hourly rate as a sophomore, I don't know any of my friends at other companies being paid more for our year. Enjoyed getting some real business/project management experience at a company that looks fantastic on the resume.

ConsIt was a pretty slow onboarding and spent the first week getting set up, but I guess that is to be expected at a large firm. Not too many cons, but just not something I want to do personally out of school, more interested in consulting.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the revamping of office spaces...shorter cubicles, etc

Good Experience

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat training and coaching, also good 401k

ConsToo much micro-managment. Managers with low experience.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!