J.P. Morgan

4,629 Reviews

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon
1,511 Ratings

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 243 reviews)

• Lots of great benefits such as a Pension, 5% matching contribution up to (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be challenging in a non stop fast pace working environment (in 262 reviews)

• Could be a lot of long hours if there is a new implementation or client (in 197 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

overall good company

Former Employee - Specialist I in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Specialist I in Springfield, MO

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the only thing i did not like and the only reason i dont work there anymore is because they do not take doctors notes.

Cons

no doctors notes even after being hospitalized

na

customer service call center in springfield mo review

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

good benefits
    decent pay
    my personal manager was amazing higher ups have no idea how the floor works

Cons

hard to get time off
    its like our chined to your desk
    environment(lighting computers etc.) caused headaches
    unrealistic expectations
    no chance to get ahead and move up

Banking Company that is moving with the times - less robotic and more engagement for the customer

Former Employee - Management in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Management in Springfield, MO

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For a bank this company understands it has to do what is right for the customer. It also understands it has to develop the right people to lead the teams to encourage the right behaviors within it's employees to engage their customers.

Cons

Because it is a bank...regulatory agencies and laws can sometimes create required scripting that is not so customer friendly. Because of this sometimes the changes take a long time to get through all the red tape to allow the employees to become more customer focused.

Just a reminder to be consistent and to recognize that employees should never be pigeon holed. Call center people can be bankers in the retail world and vice versa. Investment people can grow out of other areas of the bank. A college degree is a measure of commitment not knowledge necessarily. Once you manage people the job tasks are learned behavior. Managing people is all very similar no matter the environment.

Proud to work for Chase

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Chase is a great company to work for. Work hard & have a great work ethic would be my advice to anyone at any job, but it's doubly true at Chase, or you won't get anywhere, period. It's very competitive and fast paced, & there are a lot of opportunities for advancement BUT you must be willing to go the distance. Chase has great programs for wellness, wonderful benefits, and competitive pay for the area.

Cons

It's incredibly stressful. You're not always going to get a manager that knows what they're doing, either because they don't screen their managers well enough in my opinion. Things constantly change, and that causes a lot of stress with trying to keep up without constantly feeling like you're doing something wrong because you can't keep up with the changes. It's way difficult to advance because it's so competitive that there's literally 20 people who are just as good as you applying for 1 position.

Work on developing your people. When someone gives you feedback, really listen to it instead of taking a defensive pose. As employees we're expected to take feedback and work on ourselves and be better, so as managers when we offer feedback it should be the same way.

Short-lived but a better-than-most call center atmosphere.

Former Employee - FIT Advisor in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - FIT Advisor in Springfield, MO

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working in teams of 10-15 other people you get well-acquainted with is nice.

Cons

It's a call center job. It gets monotonous and repetitive and you spend long hours of the day sitting down talking to customers about the same thing.

JP Morgan Chase offered me the opportunity to expand my career and knowledge at the Springfield Mo site.

Former Employee - Team Manager in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Springfield, MO

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The upward mobility opportunities at JP Morgan Chase are endless in Springfield MO.

Cons

The opportunities in the Phoenix AZ are limited.

At the quarterly business meetings employees are encouraged to expand their knowledge and to explore mobility options within the firm but when it comes to actually accomplishing the goals the possibilities are limited when one tries to relocate to another site.

When economic atmosphere changed so did internal employee opportunities

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Springfield, MO

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Great benefits package available from day 1, solid brand recognition, good risk management from an internal and external business point of view.

Cons

No LOB transferring opportunities, terribly broke, most management tree because of time with bank by because of knoedge base or experience.

Need to be about young talent to continue building brand, there are monoliths installed in unfitting positions at mid level management

customer service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Excellent benefits and 401K and retirement pension

Cons

Split days off and high stress.

Lower workloads

Whatever, its a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Its OK, wouldn't mind making a career out of it, but it will do for now. Everyone is pretty nice too.

Cons

Its a place to go, but most managers do not seem to be making "tons of money"; if you know what I mean.

Get more incentives, and make career opportunities more readily available to front-line employees from the lower management level. Less food days.