J.P. Morgan Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • They actually hold women's meetings to talk about how to achieve work life balance (in 243 reviews)

• Great benefits including a pension (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was not so good (in 262 reviews)

• Very long hours (had to come in at 7 in the morning) (in 197 reviews)

JPMC love it or leave it

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Syracuse, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

JPMC encourages advancement and employee personal improvement.

Cons

Off-shore resourcing has created a large loss of jobs in the United States.

Advice to Management

Remember that those who have lost jobs due to off-shoring have no money to place back into your bank. You may be saving money on employees, but you also get what you pay for. Experience levels of the off-shore personnel I have working with was, in some cases, non-existent.

2. Inconsistent Message

Former Contractor - Technical Writer in Syracuse, NY
    Former Contractor - Technical Writer in Syracuse, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The technical writing team had a lot of freedom, and we were well equipped to work remotely. Our direct manager had the technical background to support our team and was an enthusiastic and caring supervisor.

Cons

Management above our supervisor was disengaged at best, and often downright inept. Although it was common knowledge in December that the site was being closed in June, our management never discussed this with us. We were constantly being told how important our work was, yet we were never treated as though we had value.

Advice to Management

Talk to your people - yes, even the contractors. And you might try listening to us as well. We were so invested in the work, and so disappointed in the sketchy rollout and the failure to provide any robust evergreen process.

Great benefit, but the pay is not good

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- 401K matching 5% from employer - Pension - MRA account - Start with 3 weeks vacation

Cons

- Manager doesn't really help you grow - There were not many things to work on.

5. Competitive. One must be enduring and hardworking to succeed

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Syracuse, NY

Pros

There are a lot of compensation benefits such as help in housing, medical, paid trips and so on. There are a lot of amazing people too and if you can identify them and form a network, your future will be very promising

Cons

bearsterns people helping their own kin political Too much employees Too little synergy Control systems are not effective Managers too focused on doing their own work meaningless 5AM meetings and bs status reports

Advice to Management

The managers are too focused on just trying to get the work done and ignored other things such as the employees supporting them. Managers should not lose sight of the people around him are important as well.

6. JP Morgan Chase

Former Employee - Customer Service in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Syracuse, NY

Pros

The hours were great and enjoyed every weekend off.

Cons

Management was less than professional. If there were any issues or questions, you were made to feel dumb

Advice to Management

Take time with training employees. Be more understanding. Make it a place where you want to come to everyday

Showing 5 of 6,510 reviews