J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Reviews in Wilmington, DE

Updated Jun 19, 2014

J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon

Jamie Dimon

Pros
  • Work/Life balance - Not just banker hours, but also a supportive management group(in 185 reviews)

• Great benefits and always tried to improve the work environment for there employees(in 161 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance may be sacrificed due pending on business priorities(in 202 reviews)

• Long hours, Projects were not always tested to the fullest before implementation(in 165 reviews)

69 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

ConsVery bureaucratic
    Lack of accountability

Fair

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsGreat financial outlook for the company, job security, career mobility, great people, clear organizational structure

Conslack of resources comparatively to the requirement

Advice to Senior Managementpromote from within

Great start, destroyed by constant re-organizing

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

Pros- Very skilled and competent managers that are actually well trained at management. (not all, but the ones I had where good and it seemed to be common). HR does a lot of work to train their managers in leadership, coaching, and managing.
    - Great list of products: among the best in the Credit Card industry. I worked in the card division.
    - Great project managers--among the best I've worked with. So, projects will run better and creative/strategic work is easier to accomplish because great PM's handle tracking deadlines and deliverables for you.
    - Good team environment with how projects are executed.
    - Good health benefits back when I was there, decent pay, and small cost-of-living adjustments were pretty regular. Small bonuses were also a regular thing.

Cons- constant re-organizing. Teams get shifted around and you end up working for multiple different managers (all within the span of one year). I've heard from folks who are still there, and they tell me the reorganizing continues. Re-orgs seem to happen with no metric for success, so before the previous re-org has settled, leaders are initiating another one.
    - constant budget squeezing while executives continue to get lucrative bonuses.
    - Increased scrutiny from government/regulatory agencies is making the marketing work harder and harder, and the company pushes some of that work on marketing folks.
    - Hard to get raises. Competitive review process ensures that only 10% of the top performers get decent raises or bonuses, and it's not so much based on performance, but rather on whether you did one or two stellar things/achievements.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop re-organizing so much, figure out what's the problem, and measure for it in every action you take. Focus.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, stable company employing a lot of intelligent people.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsLarge, stable company with good opportunities for internal movement. Many hard-working, smart people work there. Pays extremely well depending on the specific position.

ConsHigh level of bureaucracy sometimes makes decision making slower. Large hierarchy makes it difficult for upper management to hear employee concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

JP Morgan is great for your resume while earning a top salary.

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsJP Morgan pays a top salary and provides a good work-life balance. They provide many perks for employees and JP Morgan is a great addition to your resume.

ConsVery, Very Corporate atmosphere. Political Correctness 101. There is a lot of turn over among the rank-and-file.

Great company to work for.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsStability, ability to work for the top bank in the US, coworkers are intelligent and motivated.

ConsChange is slow, career growth is sometimes stagnant as people tend to stay on place, recent legal and government witch hunts are demoralizing and hurting the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to get past the current government witch hunts so the business can focus on it's key objectives.

Worst professional experience of my life

Accountant (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsExcellent benefits, helpful team members

ConsLong hours, disorganized management, hostile work environment at times, no defined goals, antiquated work processes, lack of automation and innovation at the operational level.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace incompetent supervision. Improve the quality of work life for the employees. Treat your employees with respect.

Excellent corporation to work for

Vice President (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsFocused on customer experience, risk and control, excellent teamwork to deliver value for business - allows innovation and pays well too.

ConsHighly competitive environment - lots and lots of work, need to deliver at the speed of light, though we talk about work/life balance but gets harder to achieve.

risk manager in risk department

Risk Analyst (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

Prosgreat company to work in

Consnot nice for those little managers

Good pay, lot of work.

Lead Applications Developer (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

Prosbenefits, time off, job security

Consyou need to be in right group to get career improvement.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!