J P Systems

Updated May 28, 2014

Jacqueline Mulrooney

Interesting Work

Standards Architect (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsJ P Systems does a lot of interesting work in the field of Health IT and Health Informatics. Good exposure to international leaders in the field and great training. They don’t micromanage me– I’m given the latitude to do my job. As long as the customer’s happy, they’re happy. They tend to hire senior people, so there’s good opportunity to learn from other personnel. Because they’re small and have a lower overhead, they’re able to pay us better than larger companies for the same position.

ConsBecause we’re geographically dispersed and telecommuting, face-to-face interaction with the team is limited. It is harder to get a lot done in web meetings if the right people are not present.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to find situations where more mid-level people can be brought onboard.

J P Systems President responded to this review

Jun 4, 2014

Thank you for your positive review on the many interesting opportunities we have here at JPSys. We highly value our people and pay them as well as we can under each different contract. We are ... More

Variety of interesting IT consulting assignments which makes my resume look great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe pay here is better than the larger software consulting firms can afford to pay. They also have a very good healthcare plan with Blue Cross and Blue Shield. The profit sharing 401k plan has a match. The clients and fellow consultants I work with are of a very high caliber which affords a lot of opportunity for professional growth.

ConsThe job requires some travel once a quarter to conferences. The hours of the flights are not always convenient because of the Federal travel regulations that employees always take the cheapest flight. However the trips allow me to network with other professionals. Since my position is to consult to clients on a contract basis, I work independently and telecommute. I sometimes miss being in an office. I don't miss sitting in traffic!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do direct deposit of paychecks.

J P Systems President responded to this review

Jun 4, 2014

We love to hear about employees who feel they have made great progress professionally. The main reason we like to do contract work is to be exposed to new clients and new situations so we gain ... More

Worked for J P Systems? Contribute to the Community!