J Sainsbury

www.j-sainsbury.co.uk

J Sainsbury Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Mike Coupe

Pros
  • Staff discount of 10% and on occasion it goes up to a max of 20% for couple days(in 12 reviews)

• Job is varied, discount card is great/(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The team leaders and managers skulk round the isles and watch every move you make(in 12 reviews)

• I haven't noticed any work life balance policies applied(in 4 reviews)

A friendly place to work

General Assistant (Current Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

ProsNice employees, you have a chance to work in different departments. You get a free uniform and they supply good training before you start the job

ConsLong hours on your feet lugging heavy items can be a killer for the knees. Some managment can be un friendly or hard to find when you need them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistant good managment needed

A company with loads of entry level jobs.

ProsIt's one of the biggest entry level employers , which offers to anyone who's looking for a temporary or permanent job immediately. The company offers lots of job opportunities, has a very good health safety policy, great co-workers. The employer enjoys respect and the recognition in the labour market from other employers and the HR department is really responsible and actually asks for references from your referees.

ConsUnfortunately plenty of the chances of advancing in the company, engagement, appraisal and personal development are depending on the manager's choise, so the company it would be good to promote and check if they are put in practise all the company's practises. The pay rate is average and there are no good bonuses, no bank holiday extra pay or any overtime extra pay. I haven't noticed any work life balance policies applied.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time engaging with the staff to improve the working environment and listen the employees requests if you cannot apply any changes. Pay attention to the training, except induction there is no other kind of in theory training and many of the important parts of training are learned only after mistakes in practise.

Enjoyable experience with great team around

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood career opportunity as there are many options to take within the retail sector , range of roles help keep motivation high

ConsCompany expect you to work more hours than you should

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for who cares for its employees

Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood people work file balance is good

ConsLess technical roles less technical advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote technical skills amongst employees

No motivation to work

ProsNothing really apart from regualr income, friendly staff and the occasional 15% discount

ConsPoor wage
    No recognition
    poor managers
    poor team leaders

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make the place more enjoyable to work

very good very good

Sales Graduate (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosenjoyable, rewarding, development, respect, performing

Constime, effort, hours, etc, yeah

Advice to Senior Managementyeah yeah yeah yeah

Flexible

Checkout Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsI like working at Sainsburys because as a student, I appreciate flexibility. Sainsburys offers a lot of freedom for students by offering unpaid leave and holding your job

ConsTypically doing the same tasks everyday so there is quite a lot of repetition in your work life but it's comfortable.

Rubbish

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsNothing good at all apart from the people

ConsBoring and not interesting so is not valuable

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out the management as they cannot manage

If i could give less than a 1 star rating for J Sainsbury (Thurmaston, Leicester), I would!!!

Shelf Stacker (Former Employee) Leicester, England (UK)

ProsThere are probably more pro's working in an Indian sweatshop for a bowl of soup.

ConsThere are lots of cons, but don't think there would be enough space here to list them all.. Here's a few - They work you like a dog and treat you like something they'd wipe off their shoes.
    The team leaders and managers skulk round the isles and watch every move you make.. the Rockwell song somebody's watching me should be their theme tune.. wouldn't surprise me if they had camera's in the bogs, timing how long you took to take a dump!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should quit Sainsburys and join the prison service.. I'm sure wormwood scrubs would benefit from your management style.

ok

Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosi can make independent decision on my shift

Consit is a low paid hard job

Advice to Senior Managementno trainings and promotion.glass bar between managers and collegues

Worked for J Sainsbury? Contribute to the Community!