J.W. Business Acquisitions

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
3.9

Jesus W Jacome

"Hands on College for me"

I have been working at J.W. Business Acquisitions

Pros

Amazing Sales Training, Real world sales experience, tons of growth opportunities, make money quick based in performance, traveling opportunities, great management and supportive team, Great relationships with people, Get to make friends easily especially for me because i am new to the Atlanta area, fun and energetic environment.

Cons

hard work, competitive environment, high standards, not the place for you if you are only wanting to do the very minimum

Keep doing what you are doing! The sales training has helped me a lot!

GREAT EXPERIENCE AND EVEN BETTER OPPORTUNITY!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at J.W. Business Acquisitions

Pros

One of the biggest pros is the fact that when I come to work...I am happy to be there! JW has an amazing team environment and they truly care about their people. I like the open door policy with management and everyone is genuine. I didn't have any experience in sales. They use simple steps to teach anyone to be successful. It is very systematic. As long as someone is willing to learn, take constructive feedback and work hard....success is inevitable. I have seen tremendous growth personally and professionally in the past 6 months of working here. What I enjoy is that I am constantly learning. This is a hands on learning experience. I read other reviews from people about having a college degree and how this is not a great fit and it makes no sense. Textbooks and learning spreadsheets can only make you so good. Hands on experience and hard work is what makes you great. I have learned what it means to work hard.

Cons

The hours can be long, but it is worth it. People who are truly successful in life don't clock in and out. They go the extra mile. I have seen with my own eyes growth and promotion with the our expansion this year! It is not just some farce, it is real. If you put in the time, energy and effort...true opportunity is there!

I appreciate that everything was laid out from the get go....Training, expectations, compensation, hours, everything....if people say they didn't know something, it is truly an excuse for them not being successful and refusing to listen.

Friendly environment with opportunity for growth

I have been working at J.W. Business Acquisitions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment. Everyone is willing to help, specially the upper manager.
    There's no seniority so the opportunity for growth is 100% merit base.

Cons

Because it's a merit base business there's a very competitive environment.

Continue doing what you guys are doing bc we really appreciate your guidance and support

Great group of team players starting from the Top down.

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at J.W. Business Acquisitions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Motivating sales oriented company that brings a focus on closing the gap of an individual's performance to their full potential. Provides an amazing equal opportunity for anyone that is impressive enough to be hired on board. The leaders of the business will truly go out of their way to help anyone within the business. A great team atmosphere that has a contagious positive energy day in and day out.

Cons

Make no doubt about it, this job/opportunity requires hard effort. Depending on the way a person chooses to view things and the perspective they allow themselves to have, J.W. Business Acquisitions may not be the job for certain individuals. If a person just wants to skate by, then this isn't for that person. If a person wants to push themselves to see what they are capable of achieving, then this is an opportunity that person will cherish.

My advice to Upper Management within J.W. Business Acquisitions is to definitely continue working one on one with people because those moments are often ones that influence employees most. Continue leading by example and the company and team as a whole will unite and strengthen even more.

Great People. Hands-on Learning. Tons of Fun.

Former Intern - Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Leader in Atlanta, GA

I worked at J.W. Business Acquisitions as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I worked with JWBA as an intern for 4 months last summer. I was looking for a place to gain sales experience and expected pretty much to learn sales. I got way more than I expected. In addition to learning hands-on sales techniques, making great money as an intern, and padding my resume - I was given the opportunity to learn to teach and train new hires, lead a business trip to Miami, and made some amazing friends. I even had a chance to learn the beginnings of recruiting from the team. I graduate in December and hope that Jesus, David and their team will allow me to return!

Cons

None to speak of - it's pretty hard work, and, like everything else, there are pieces of the days that are more fun than others. It's sales. People say "no," so that took some time to get used to, but honestly it made me SO much stronger and more patient.

Thanks for everything you did. Oh, and hire me back when I graduate! That's the real advice!

Ridiculous Job for a college grad.

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at J.W. Business Acquisitions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to pursue unlimited sales potential. Good training. Was able to learn a lot about basic sales strategies. Very competitive team-oriented environment.

Cons

Commission based job with little base pay. They make you drive 20-30 miles without compensation for gas. Your workday starts at 9 A.M. and ends at 7 P.M. Not worth the hours. Your objective is to sell Direct-TV to ill-informed customers at retail stores like BJ's, Wal-Marts, and Best Buy. Basically they make you say anything to make the sale. No respect for education or experience. Training coordinators snaked clients at my expense. Very aggressive sales tactics with little to show for at the end of the day. Even the experienced sales associates were often incapable of 'making the sale'. Thank god I escaped this nightmarish cult.

Consider paying your employees a livable-wage and don't glorify your jobs as 'marketing' positions when it is clearly a commission-based sales.

Dec 15, 2014President/CEO

We accept all feedback whether positive or negative. Here at JW our mission is to provide a great experience to everyone we come in contact with, therefore this feedback will be reviewed to the ... More

Finally found an opportunity, a career, a family.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at J.W. Business Acquisitions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I can undoubtedly say I have found a home here at J.W. Business Acquisitions. Prior to working at J.W., I actually had several other opportunities/jobs right after graduating college in the marketing and sales field, as well as other industries, and no other company has made me feel appreciated and valued as much as I have felt here. I can truly say that the empathy and determination of the managers to help each and every single employee achieve their true potential and have successful careers is unparalleled. The training and development provided by J.W., not only in sales but also on leadership and personal growth goes far beyond the call of duty. Because of that, I have grown and learned more while being with this company than my time at my university.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges is that it is SALES. Sales is a stressful profession with ups and downs, and this definitely takes a hard working individual with some “tough skin”. As a result, I can say that this opportunity is not for everyone. Also, because it is sales, the income potential is purely on the individual. If someone does not have a strong drive and intrinsic motivation, this opportunity could be less lucrative than hoped.

My advice to upper management would be to make sure that it is clear what type of job this is, and that if someone is looking for a typical 9-5 job, be sure to let them know this will be completely different than that.

Nov 6, 2014President/CEO

We feel honored to have the pleasure of working everyday with people like you. Thanks for the great feedback and we are looking forward to achieving great things in the near future.

Only waste your time if you need sales experience not a career job!

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at J.W. Business Acquisitions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good friendly office atmosphere! The ability to visit other small cities to work is sweet as well!

Cons

(unlike the DMC office) Let's just say I've seen more people Quit (not fired) than I have seen get promoted since I've been working here. The terrible pay structure is one of a kind never heard of nothing like it. No stability, favortism is highly displayed, office has cliques. Wear and tear on your vehicle.

You guys should stop trying to make the business a get rich quick thing and just do it right base the growth off performance and not who you like the most.

Nov 25, 2014President/CEO

It is unfortunate that one of our team members feels this way. We have been successfully in business for three and a half years, growing from one office to 7 offices across the country. We always ... More

By far the Best Marketing Firm in Atlanta!

Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at J.W. Business Acquisitions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing People, Great Atmosphere, and the Management Team taught me a lot about Sales and Marketing Strategies! Very high energy in office and the time I spent outside the office for Team Nights were very fun!

Cons

It is a "pay to play" team. If someone doesn't want to be rewarded for hard work this ISN'T the opportunity you are looking for. They have a base pay but really promote sells and being competitive!

Great Job promoting opportunity! I've applied for many companies and have done a lot of interviews and you guys message was very consistent through the entire process of interviews.

Nov 6, 2014President/CEO

Thank you for the great feedback. We love to see our hard work pay off!!!!

Great work environment and awesome people.

I worked at J.W. Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Great team camaraderie. Very understand and help management. unlimited job growth. They taught me a lot about being professional in the work place. From day one I felt like I belonged there.

Cons

The hours were rough to work but had to do for the best results. sometimes the driving to stores was hard on my car and gas tank.

keep being helpful and understanding

Oct 31, 2014President/CEO

Thank you very much for the kind words and feedback on our professional environment

J.W. Business Acquisitions Photos