J & J Snack Foods Reviews

Gerald B. Shreiber

1. Purchasing Manager

Former Employee - Expert In Cost Reductions in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Expert In Cost Reductions in Fenton, MO

I worked at J & J Snack Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team here is great!

Cons

Temp service is a little hard to work with.

2. The little engine that could...and DID!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow Mills, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow Mills, MO

Pros

I currently work for our Moscow Mills facility and am new to my position. Knowing the company history and seeing the successes is amazing. I am very excited about the direction "The Old Cookie Factory " is headed. We have some very strong managers and a core workforce who loves what they do.

Cons

Org. Chart needs updated. There are too many chiefs making changes not easy to implement.

Advice to Management

Empower your mid-level staff to make decisions without needing 3 additional managers approval.

3. Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at J & J Snack Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Empowered to make things happen as you see fit.

Cons

Vacation Time. Not great for work life balance. No ability to work from home.

5. J&J Snack Foods - What an opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

I have been working at J & J Snack Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at J&J Pennsauken NJ about 2 months ago. It was a true miracle opportunity for me. I was hired to replace someone with bad attendance. After 2 months I just don’t get why that person did not see how good they had it and what a loss. Their bad luck was my amazing good luck. Everyone I work with is so nice and helpful. For the first time EVER I feel like I am a part of a team. I may be the new guy but that does not matter. If I have a question they try and help. The vice president sat with me at the holiday luncheon after being there for only 3 weeks. That was not lost on me. The best thing about J&J is they make MONEY – and lots of it. The stability of the company is a given. They are cash fat with no debt. There is a major plant renovation project just started so there is reinvestment in the company. I strongly disagree with a previous review there is no loyalty to its employees. Most of the people I encounter have been working there 10 to 30+ years. They must be doing something right. Show up to work on time, do your job and your job will be there for you tomorrow. This is one thing above all the rest that makes J&J different. They are NOT stuck on needing a college degree as a minimum requirement for any position. So many companies now are degree required for menial beginners jobs. That is just SO wrong! It is just legal discrimination. I would not have gotten in J&J if a degree was a requirement. Some people I know there do not have a degree in higher positions. They worked hard, were given the chance and earned it - just as it should be. They looked beyond the no degree aspect to my very similar previous experience and gave me the chance. The benefits are very good for today’s standards and copays. Reading the above I know this sounds like it is a written H/R review, but I can assure you I AM for real and this is my real review. Anyone from H/R reading this will probably know who I am. LOL! My co-workers might be tired of hearing how happy I am because I am not shy about it. I hope it stays this way forever. Founder Gerry Shreiber is **extremely** generous in supporting animal welfare causes to the point of having his own foundation. How can that be any better? If you get the chance for an interview GO and be on your A+ game. It could be the chance of a lifetime. It is for me.

Cons

Nothing big enough to mention...

Advice to Management

Thy know what they are doing. Keep going!

6. Great experance

Former Employee - Sanitation Manager in Pennsauken, NJ
    Former Employee - Sanitation Manager in Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at J & J Snack Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The good people and the relationship with CEO

Cons

Two people and I care not to mention there names

Advice to Management

Review those two people and improve on there people skills.

7. A bit of a roller coaster. This place can stress you out if you don't know how to deal with it.

I have been working at J & J Snack Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My immediate co-workers are good people and we get along pretty well.

Cons

Can be very stressful. Company values are not always professional. There is an underlying angry feeling which causes tension. This starts with the CEO (who is not always professional) and spreads though out management. Some of the upper management have too high of an opinion of themselves. Selective enforcement of rules. Some people who are poor performers are allowed to get away with murder.

Advice to Management

You need to embrace a more upbeat work environment where the employees are praised more often. Provide more opportunities for advancement. Not a lot of hiring from within. Too much of a "good old boys club".

8. Good place to work

Pros

very good place to work would like to see more diversity in upper manafement that would help grow the business

Cons

could be a better place to work if more people had an input into the daily activities besides managers otherwise good place to work.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

Decent place to work if you have thick skin....

I worked at J & J Snack Foods full-time

Pros

Good place to work for a stable work environment. Provides job security to its employees. Decent pay for the most part. Some of the upper management is quite understanding and easy to work with and for. Very decent benefits package.

Cons

Company is run by men, for men. Women do not really have much room for advancement of any significance. Biased treatment based on personal preferences by the CEO and VPs. Their code of ethics need to be evaluated immensely. Makes it a very stuffy environment and you can feel the tension in the air on many days. Health insurance is quite expensive.

Advice to Management

You have a great company but are willing to overlook too much unethical behavior for the sake of your own personal feelings of people. You promise a lot but do not always deliver.

10. N/A

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at J & J Snack Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a strong branded product line.

Cons

Company is not loyal to employees

Advice to Management

N/A

RSS Feed </> Embed