J & J Snack Foods

J & J Snack Foods Chairman, President, and CEO Gerald B. Shreiber

Gerald B. Shreiber

Great experance

Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) Pennsauken, NJ

ProsThe good people and the relationship with CEO

ConsTwo people and I care not to mention there names

Advice to Senior ManagementReview those two people and improve on there people skills.

A bit of a roller coaster. This place can stress you out if you don't know how to deal with it.

ProsMy immediate co-workers are good people and we get along pretty well.

ConsCan be very stressful. Company values are not always professional. There is an underlying angry feeling which causes tension. This starts with the CEO (who is not always professional) and spreads though out management. Some of the upper management have too high of an opinion of themselves. Selective enforcement of rules. Some people who are poor performers are allowed to get away with murder.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to embrace a more upbeat work environment where the employees are praised more often. Provide more opportunities for advancement. Not a lot of hiring from within. Too much of a "good old boys club".

Good place to work

Prosvery good place to work would like to see more diversity in upper manafement that would help grow the business

Conscould be a better place to work if more people had an input into the daily activities besides managers otherwise good place to work.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work if you have thick skin....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to work for a stable work environment. Provides job security to its employees. Decent pay for the most part. Some of the upper management is quite understanding and easy to work with and for. Very decent benefits package.

ConsCompany is run by men, for men. Women do not really have much room for advancement of any significance. Biased treatment based on personal preferences by the CEO and VPs. Their code of ethics need to be evaluated immensely. Makes it a very stuffy environment and you can feel the tension in the air on many days. Health insurance is quite expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great company but are willing to overlook too much unethical behavior for the sake of your own personal feelings of people. You promise a lot but do not always deliver.

N/A

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThey have a strong branded product line.

ConsCompany is not loyal to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for J & J Snack Foods? Contribute to the Community!