J&K Professional Medical Services

CEO

Good company, but cheap.

Current Employee - Billing Rep
    Current Employee - Billing Rep

I have been working at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Respectful and reward those that actually work, if you want a job that rewards those that work harder than others this a decent employer.

Promote from within.

Overall solid, but not an employer that will make you want to stay with them forever or be a dream job.

Cons

Cheap, the do supply well and aren't as tight with those that work hard. However this company is far from becoming a great employer that makes you want to stay with them. Need better employee retention.

Consider focusing more on employee retention and lots of benefits for long term employees.

Please take heed of the negative reviews on this company.

I worked at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had to enter at least five words for this field even though I had only one: Zero.

Cons

The 'training' was four days in a cramped room with a few other people. The hours were: Monday 10am-2pm, Tues-Thurs 8am-3pm. The training modules were misspelled, grammatically substandard for a third-graders' expectations, and froze/glitched every other slide. The quizzes over reviewed material on the slides inaccurately would sporadically show prior to reviewing the material. When advised of the issues with the training material, the trainer's reply was, "The internet must be running slow" followed by shrugged shoulders. On Friday I was put on the floor to sit with an employee that is supposed to show you how to perform your job. My experience was with a girl obviously clueless as to how to explain anything aside from giving half a sentence then trailing off to just finish the explanation with 'ya know?'. Immediately following the supervisor's departure, the girl that was supposed to be training me scooted her chair away from mine and conversed about the upcoming weekend with a co-worker, not once attempting to train/explain anything to me the remainder of the day. The next week, after multiple polite communications that I was having trouble understanding anything she was half heartedly attempting to explain to me, the response from her/the supervisor/the hiring manager I interviewed with was, "you'll get it, you just gotta be patient." The blatant hypocrisy was nothing shy of jaw-dropping when, after ONE WEEK on the floor, I was advised (by telephone) Friday evening I was not producing as much as expected and was being asked to not return on Monday. There were no production expectations communicated to me mainly because I was there for only TWO WEEKS. I was informed multiple times during my interview that the company had a bad reputation but this new hiring manager was going to change that by improving the training process and attempting to make employee retention a priority. The length of time I was there was TWO WEEKS. Never in my professional experience have I witnessed such a glaring disregard to uphold the assertions made in attempts to procure me as an employee. Without sugar-coating the scenario with anymore descriptive terms, I'll put it quite simply: I was completely and utterly lied to. There was no effort whatsoever input into training anyone in my training class, nor was there any patience or assistance given to me as a new employee. The title of this company represents one of the biggest examples of 'antithesis' I have witnessed in my life. I ask any potential candidate to heed my warning; the revolving door of employment at this company is spinning fast enough to run a car alternator.

I have already wasted enough time on this company, my advice would definitely fall on deaf ears.

This is the worst company I've ever worked for in all of my years in the medical field.

I have been working at J&K Professional Medical Services

Pros

Decent hours and close to home

Cons

They don't value employees, their over the top with their rules, very outdated with their practices and the management staff is rude to stay the least. Hiring temps & having them train new staff when they barely know what their doing.

Treat your employees like human beings, please update your equipment to have one monitor to access all of the applications needed isn't an efficient way to work, working on a getting a system that can interface with the hospitals is key in future, all managers need to be versed on working with people. Please create training manuals & collectors tools boxes for new employees.

A prison environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Dress code is jeans or you can wear an orange jumpsuit

Cons

No trust in employees. Watching every move and writing up for small things. You can lose your small bonus 100 dollars if you are late 6 minutes no matter what the reason.

Don't tell your employees to come to work sick. It causes the entire office to become ill. Threats of being fired or losing bonus or being spoke to with no respect. Take time to find out why people leave your company and why they are planning on finding other employment. You may be missing out on talented people because a few are asking you to drive in dangerous weather and not be paid by company because a few live across the street and can make it in. That is not fair.

Fort Worth Worst Employer

Former Employee - Claim Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Claim Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Causual Dress, Location to home.

Cons

Management is Crooked, No Morals for employees, Mgmt will tell your business. will be tricked & expectation to wrk 150 + accts which is impossible w/accuracy. Roaches crawling on your desk. old school work equipment. Granted 5 days sick time after 90 days, then use 1 day & you'll be written up.

Be more professional