J&L Marketing Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Scott T. Joseph

Pros
  • J&L is not perfect but it is a company that has fun, believes in it's product and attracts great people (in 5 reviews)

• If you're looking for a position that rewards and recognizes success J&L is definitely a place you should take a look at (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you aren't OK with sometimes working harder than 40 hours a week, this won't be the right job for you (in 2 reviews)

• Like any sales job you will experience your ups and downs (in 2 reviews)

Award winning company who truly cares about the customer

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time

Pros

I've seen first hand what this company is willing to do in the name of customer satisfaction. I like working for a company that I know stands behind what it sells. Senior management is dedicated to growth, customer satisfaction and helping me make more money. This is the best job I've had.

Cons

It's hard to think of any. Can have long hours but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the effort to make this company better.

Fun place to work

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Casual laid-back office atmosphere, travel opportunities, great benefits and time off, good pay, lots of professional development opportunities

Cons

Fast paced, client-service marketing agencies can be demanding and sometimes late hours but not unreasonable

Advice to Management

More involvement in team training, otherwise doing a great job

Like it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a current employee at J&L I was upset to see the untrue reviews that were posted on this website that obviously came from a few former employees, probably the same 2 to 4. These were the same 2-4 that were probably asked to leave or forced out . J&L has gone through some significant changes and almost all for the better. It is starting to feel much more organized. I would recommend anyone to work at J&L as long as they have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work . Everyone is awesome.

Cons

None that I can think of. Immature coworkers.

Rewarding Experience, Exceptional People

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome culture and work atmosphere Entrepreneurial environment that rewards those that take the initiative and work hard High visibility to auto executives and decision makers Excellent opportunity to provide creative, customized solutions to a variety of dealer clientelle Managers are clear with thier expectations and provide support to achieve those goals

Cons

Travel schedule can be challenging, but it comes with the territory Communication can always be improved and it's getting better

Advice to Management

Change is necessary in order to build a great business. Continue to work on being transparent, coaching, and growing your talent, and we will continue to give you the effort and production that is expected. We win together.

Fantastic company for opportunity & salary growth!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at J&L Marketing

Pros

The entrepreneurial spirit at J&L is one of the best I have seen amongst companies its size. Be prepared to work hard, yet be rewarded in pay and recognition for a job well done! J&L is a top paying company in the Louisville, KY area and encourages growth from within the company. The fast-paced environment keeps the job exciting and far from mundane. I have recommended so many friends to J&L and all have had wonderful experiences. Great pay, leadership and opportunity!

Cons

If you are not willing to put forth 100% effort, this is not the place for you. Strong work ethic is required and you will be rewarded.

A fun, friendly, and exciting company to work for

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

J&L is a company that really strives to provide a culture that no matter what department you work for, you have the ability to impact and give suggestions to better the company as a whole. Recognition and reward for hitting key metrics and goals drive motivation and excitement in the office. It is a fun, friendly environment which makes me want to come to work each day.

Cons

Times can become busy but that is the sign of a successful company.

Advice to Management

Continue to use all means of communication for teams to gather insight and innovative ideas to continue the success of J&L. Thank you for all the work that you all do.

Great Sales Organization to be a part of

Former Employee - Business Growth Strategist/Promotions Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I worked at J&L Marketing

Pros

J&L really invests in its team. They have the latest technology to go to market with and state of the art sales training. I learned a lot about sales from the training course they offered. There is a lot of support from within the organization to help you to succeed at your job. There were times when the CEO would call me to download about the sales call I had just been on. They are very flexible and allow for a great work life balance. There was uncapped commission, so as long as you wanted to make money, you could. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I have recommended this company to peers looking for flexibility and a great career.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list, it truly was a great experience.

An amazing opportunity worth taking!

Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator
    Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

J&L is a company that offers it's companies GREAT opportunities. I have been a PC since I was in college and love it!

Cons

That you don't have a corporate office in New York :-)

Advice to Management

Open more satellite offices

Business Growth Strategist (BGS) Review

I worked at J&L Marketing

Pros

While at J&L Marketing, Inc., I received more support than I would have ever imagined. Everyone was genuinely interested in growing/supporting your career whether it came from the CEO, National Account Management team, or my colleagues.

Cons

While there is a great team at J&L to support and mentor you, it is important to be self-motivated. At the end of the day, it's your work and effort that is going to show. It's not necessarily a "con", but it is important to recognize, and make sure you are willing to put in the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to have open, constructive communication with those working there. The advice goes along way in the industry.

RSS Feed </> Embed