JAKKS Pacific Reviews

Awesome Place!

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Malibu, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Malibu, CA

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

JAKKS is a fun place to work with fun people. The atmosphere is great and most people truly enjoy being here. In our department the directives are clear as well as the timelines. There is no backstabbing or undermining in this team atmosphere. The compensation is fair and the 401k is very generous. The ocean view doesn't hurt either......

Cons

The parking is a bit challenging. Having to park on PCH and walk up the driveway every morning is not fun. I don't much care for the creamer that is stocked in the kitchen.

There's no place like home

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Culver City, CA

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

JAKKS is home to me and not just cause I work a lot of hours. It sounds weird when you hear someone say they look forward to going to work but I do. I've seen a lot happen here over the years, some good and some bad, but have to say at the end of the day, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. JAKKS is a great place to be and look forward to what's in store for JAKKS and the upcoming years...

Cons

For the most part, it's hard to find a downer, I'd say the commute is the bummer, BUT there's always a way to deal with that.

The best advice I would or could give to upper management would be to get the entire company, (All US employees) under 1 roof… Access to all departments on a whims notice would absolutely be the most effective move they could make…

Fun place to work with great people!

Current Employee - Senior Designer  in  Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Culver City, CA

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the ability to work on innovative products and exciting brands, great people and supportive management team, fun working environment (always testing out the new toys!!), improvement in company culture (especially new HR coin program).

Cons

Miss the half day Fridays as with other toy companies I've worked at previously, limited office and storage space for product samples

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trending Up

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time

Pros

Incredible group of talented and passionate people who inspire me every day. I love my job - the work is amazing. If you want to be on the front end of a really big growth curve, JAKKS is the place to be - the positive vibe is infectious

Cons

Some of the policies are not very employee-friendly, e.g. lack of maternity leave, travel policies. In general, HR should develop to be more of an employee advocate to help with retention and employee satisfaction

Keep the passion and entrepeneurial spirit but take a closer look at the way our bigger company competitors manage their people

A Great TIme

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific

Pros

The people are amazing and it is a great working environment. Get to work with some awesome products and be part of a global business.

Cons

The little communication going on between upper management and the workers. The blame game also circulates around here and that can get really old

Listen to the little guys and their ideas. Trust their advice and things will run a lot more smoothly rather than rushed.

Comfortably Numb

Current Employee - Art Director  in  Malibu, CA
    Current Employee - Art Director in Malibu, CA

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, 401k matching when the company is doing well, really fun work if on the right brands, freedom to be as creative as you want to be

Cons

disorganized, every man for himself, no team unity, terrible upper management, extremely high turnaround, low company morale

Same thing I would tell a first grader... treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.

crazy rollercoaster ride

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun, dedicated, friendly, staff. Fast-paced environment, job is never boring. Compensation is ok. Good benefits. Great opportunities for learning.

Cons

Economy has had its impacts financially, causing cut backs & hard times. Company provides no training. Some unethical work practices. Long hours. Reviews are not enforced.

Communicate strategy, provide incentives.

Do everything yourself, gain only experience

I worked at JAKKS Pacific

Pros

Cool licenses to work with. Great place for new designer/ planner/ etc. because you have to do everything. Learn a lot in short time. Very nice and talented people.

Cons

Some directors or upper management are hard to work with. No work-life balance. Work late often.

Trust your people, let them do what they are good at.

10 Years and still love my job & Jakks!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malibu, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work environment. Beautiful location. Great compensation. Respect from Management.

Cons

Newcomers often don't know how to work in a corporate environment and expect too much. Sadly some people do not know how the world of business works. You can tell that by the amount of employees that want to return after they have left.

Keep up the great work. We are behind you 100%!

A rollercoaster that you can never get off...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at JAKKS Pacific full-time for more than a year

Pros

You never know what the day will bring at Jakks. You can gather all types of experience and accomplish things you didn't even know were possible. Incredible people work there in spite of its shortcomings because of the spontaneity that is so common in the culture.

Cons

There is no training, very little strategy communicated from the top, no corporate theme or value creating a feeling of a bunch of mercenaries rather than individuals united in one goal.

The constant turnover of Jakks is really hurting the company. When employees feel like commodities instead of people, there is no incentive to go the extra mile. Instead its easier to do what you're asked and blame others when things fail. No cohesiveness between teams.

Worked for JAKKS Pacific? Contribute to the Community!