JAZD Markets

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

James Bedard

Stay Away!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed dress code.
    I met, and the pleasure of working with some talented people.

ConsFake bonus opportunities. If it isn't within your base salary, you won't be getting it.
    If you are not of the same opinion of the CEO, you are, and always will be wrong.
    Your role within the company will constantly change. You will begin projects and working with certain clients only to have those contacts ripped away from you so that you can start from scratch three weeks later.
    The company's turnover rate is insane. Most of them were fired shortly after being hired, but many employees also left because of differences with management.

Years gone by, still the same.

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsWriting this as my personal story of Jazd Markets. This is the truth about what happened to myself and countless others. There is a huge community of former employees and I strongly urge we share our stories together.

To truly understand Jazd Markets, you need to understand its sole purpose. Its not that hard, it was explained to me by James Bedard during my interview. The goal is to make enough money to flip the company and sell it. Its run by a tight group of investors looking to cash in on lead generation campaigns. By rushing up huge sales numbers, this data will pull the company to new levels.

However since the company founded in 2008, the Internet has evolved tremendously. What once was a cutting edge concept has become lost in the sea of promotional sites promising the greatest web exposure to your business. Jazd Markets could have been relevant; but it stuck it's hand in too many cookie jars. In other words, do we focus our collective energy to hit the bullseye or toss a bunch of darts into the air hoping we it our target?

The question isn't what went wrong with Jazd Markets. Its rather the complete understanding and acceptance that nothing went right. The blame. I'm not here to throw any company under-neath the bus that helped support myself and my family. At the same time, I feel a disservice not to address my concerns. I strongly believe something isn't adding up with "What they tell us to say on the phone" VS. "What are we actually doing to help these companies expand business."

Years later as you walk into Jazd Markets, you'll notice a sea of empty offices and desks. You will be trained and fired up to begin your sales career. Then reality hits. Endless emails complaining about call time. Unrealistic revenue goals that no one in the office even comes close to attaining. You will go to lunch with your co-workers and all voice your concerns as a collective sigh of relief and fustration. This scene repeats itself time and time again. If any of this sounds familiar I urge all former Jazd Markets employes to share their stories together on Glassdoor.com to let people know our experiences. Let's give those the warning we all wished we had.

ConsJazd Markets was an opportunity. Still is. However, I left because I had too many questions I couldn't get the answers to. Below is hard data:

1. No real established salesmen. None. Whoever signed the client you are selected to "re-pitch" 9 times out of 10 isn't with the company anymore.

2. No star clients. Can we have one company with the help of Jazd Markets providing lead campaigns lifted the business revenue?

3. No solid company structure. There is no path to a successful sales career. Five years since they opened its door, not one of its employes as ever had one.

Advice to Senior ManagementJamie Bedard once told me his favorite book is Jim Collin's "Good To Great." To pick his brain and make myself a better salesmen I obtained a copy. The ideal belief system of the book is simple. At whatever cost, do whatever is necessary to make your business an empire. Restructuring, firing masses of employes, and constantly wiping the erase board to unveil a new business model until you get it right.

However this stick to your guns pathos is clearly backfiring for Jazd Markets. Investors, clients, and job searchers, avoid at all cost. This isn't the franchise company it could have been, the stand's aren't nearly has packed as they used to be, and sadly after years of swinging we've yet to see a home run.

Awful place to work - I wish I could give them less than one star

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can wear jeans to work.

Free parking (which they actually think is a perk)... This isn't Boston and the parking lot is huge and shared by multiple companies. You could leave a car there for weeks without working for them. This is not a perk.

ConsThe management is subpar.

The company structure is CEO - CFO (also the HR person) - everyone else. There is no place to move in this company.

The CEO, Jamie Bedard (google him for more reviews... One result will be "Facts is Facts…or is they?" try that one), has been heard SCREAMING at sales reps from his office.

The employee turn over rate is extremely high. 90% of employees don't stay there longer than a month.

Upper management does NOT care about the clients or client needs.

Client needs are often go unmet and the renewing customers are extremely low. Upper management takes this out on the sales reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange everything. Get a new CEO, someone who is inspiring and a better leader. Change the product to increase customer satisfaction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would go back in time and not work here

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsFortunate enough to work with great people
    Set you up with a good computer
    Free coffee and they had a Keurig
    Open office environment

ConsWork is set at 830-530 but you are "understood" to be there before and after those times, if not you usually get a snide remark or an email in the morning. Plus pipeline management on the weekends.

No effective CRM or pipeline management system in place.

No upper management structure, there is a CEO, VP of Finance and more recently a HR person. Everyone else is a sales rep on essential the same level.

High turnover ratio. Personally saw over 50 people come and go. And to this day I believe there are 5 people at the entire company that are left from the day I started, two of which started with me.

There is no real customer service for the clients, they have their sales reps, who are already supposed to be making 100+ dials a day without having to deal with complaints, etc. Thus clients tend not to be reach or serviced. But with huge turnover, your clients don't know who to call because chances are their rep is no longer there.

Advice to Senior ManagementComplete structural overhaul. You can't run a company just by simply telling people to call, call, call. There needs to be continual education based on everyday issues (overcoming objection).

Worked for JAZD Markets? Contribute to the Community!