JBM Patrol & Protection Reviews

James B. Mankowski

1. Experience has been great so far with JBM Patrol & Protection

Current Employee - PROTECTIVE AGENT in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - PROTECTIVE AGENT in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job is not hard to do. The Company will pay for the Minnesota 12 hours of pre-assignment training. The patrol supervisors will show you what is expected of each post and make sure you are successful at what you do. The office works hard to make certain the officers in the field have what they need and get the days off asked for. The Company has a variety of sites so we can get special assignments to break up the weekly routine.

Cons

My regular assignment the client expects the security force to do a lot of clerical work. There are days when I sit in the office for hours and am unable to make a foot or car patrol of the campus. Often I feel like a uniformed secretary.

Advice to Management

When a client is being unreasonable tell them so.

2. Work a lot of weekends but thats the name of the game.

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time

Pros

Well I worked with one guy who did transport that took the time to check on me and my site when he had down time and was always willing to help and answer questions I could call him anytime. Unfortunately he was the only one who went above and beyond his job duties and he wasn't even a supervisor. I think he quit and is now with the city but If he still worked there I probably wouldn't of quit, they need people in the Milwaukee location like that guy!

Cons

A lot of weekend hours, supervisors seem too busy, most the employees I came across were not that motivated, communication issues.

Advice to Management

I guess if it were me I would only hire people who just want to work in security or law enforcement as some employees only seem to be there for a check.

I work at JBM Patrol & Protection in Nashville TN

Current Employee - Security Officer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for with set work schedules. Currently, I am assigned to car patrol duties and check approximately 25 buildings nightly on third shift (east patrol). I work alone and am able to set my schedule for the night as long as I make all of my stops. We are new to the area so our office is equipped with new cars, radios and computers.

Cons

We write a lot of reports. Writing reports is something that all patrol officers must do but the company owner is a cop and wants everything documented multiple times.

Advice to Management

Develop an aggressive sales campaign and pursue more clients.

5. Don't work here they take money from your check you worked hard for. Pick a well respected security company that cares.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. Company is a joke.

Cons

High turnover rate, company hires the trash of Milwaukee, very little training If any and they will lie when they say they will arm you trust me they won't. Managers get stressed out real fast as there is few quality employees and most don't want to show up to work as they will schedule you the worst shifts and all your weekends. I worked here last year they owe me money for hours worked still!

Advice to Management

Filed a wage claim against your company ;) Maybe you should pay the money people worked hard for. Also your managers in the Milwaukee office do not need to carry weapons, they are paper pushers and don't guard sites or check sites. Maybe arm the guards that you throw in dangerous parts of the city.

Mar 12, 2015President

Thank you for allowing me to take this time to respond to your posting. Our Milwaukee operation does not have a high turnover rate, we do hire several limited term employees for short term ... More

6. Team Environment

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection

Pros

I work for JBM Patrol & Protection at a large distribution center in Milwaukee. I work with my supervisor and fellow employees on first shift. My sergeant and lieutenant are very caring fellows. Our client respects our team and the work is not difficult.

I've worked for other security forces, national and small ones, I like JBM the best, by far.

Cons

Rotating post assignments and shift work.

Advice to Management

Encourage teamwork

Jan 27, 2015President

Thank you for your kind words. We try very hard to hire and retain good officers while meeting the on-going needs of our clients. Again, thank you and be good.

7. Great way to start career

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time

Pros

When a mistake is done on their end they do all they can to get it fixed right away.

Cons

Supervisors don't visit post often. Lack of communication with officers and management.

Advice to Management

Treat Milwaukee employees the same way Madison or other city employees are treated. When working here I was told threaten with my job because I was sick. I passed out at work and no paper work was ever filled out. I was forced to work the day after I was in a accident. I was cheated out of money which needs to be paid to me. When you have officers who work hard for you and you treat them like nothing it makes it hard for them to trust you. Also getting supervisors who make contact with their officers often would improve a lot. Overall I was not happy with my employment here at JBM due to how I was treated when a contract was lost and I was out of work for a month. And when I was trying to get a understanding why I was not getting hours the scheduler would not return calls or emails. In the Milwaukee area JBM could use a lot of refining.

Feb 10, 2015President

Thank you for you posting. Recently, we hired a District Manager for the Milwaukee area and I have shared your concerns with him. We take pride in being a responsible employer and hold ourselves to ... More

8. Sales Manager

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection

Pros

There is none to mention.

Cons

Worst place in the world to work!

Advice to Management

None.

Jan 27, 2015President

This posting is concerning, JBM Patrol & Protection has never employed a Sales Manager.

9. I was employed for just a few months.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Established a great friendship with a few co-workers. Hourly pay was decent. Can recieve security permit by working for jbm.

Cons

There is alot of favortism. Alot of promises made by supervisors that where never accomplished. Never got to meet a Minority as supervisor, manager or corporal. Clients do not appreciate or respect the work officers to which it becomes very stressfull trying to please the client. JBM is not very considerate in their officers safety in bad weather as long as the job gets done how the client pleases. To clock in for duty is voice express and dispatch and overy other week officers need to do timesheets. No timesheets no check. payroll often mistake hours paid.

Advice to Management

Have clients treat your employees with respect. The happier the officers are the better they will perform and the longer they will stay employed. Payroll employee's need better training. Officers often have issues with not being paid all their hours worked. officers clock in two different ways and turn in timesheets there is no reason for errors in that department. Also communication needs to be improved. Myself as an ex-employee use to be very upset often when i could never get in contact with my supervisor, not through email, cell phone or office line.

Dec 5, 2014President

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. I am not familiar with the promises made or not kept by the job site supervisor. I do not know which job site you were assigned, so, I am at a loss ... More

Position: Corporal / Lead LPO

Current Employee - Position: Corporal/Lead LPO in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Position: Corporal/Lead LPO in Madison, WI

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Currently I am Protective Services Agent with Walt Disney World in Florida. Prior to moving to Florida this past winter I worked for JBM Patrol-Madison. I was assigned to several high profile special events. I was required to pass a government background check administered by the U.S. Secret Service and Homeland Security. During one event, I worked with Special Agent Rick Valentine during Hillary Clinton visit to Madison. Others were Rev Jesse Jackson, Deli Lama and President Obama.

I was personally hired by Chief James Mankowski when the security company I previously worked for went out of business overnight as the owner was arrested. I needed a job and was assigned to a private retail franchise store for 7 years in 4 across southern Wisconsin. In the time of need, I could count on JBM. James has an open door for all his employees and you were always welcome to talk to him in person or over phone. No matter how busy he was, I could walk in and got 5 to 10 minutes of his time. James has a soft spot, not many know about, (if you screw up you will know it, he gets the attention of the violator by stack personnel jackets with write up). His down fall is trusting employees (supervisors) who take advantage of the company. James is dedicated to his family. With two boys growing up and needing their father for the activities in the everyday life, his boys and his company equal the man. If asked he will tell you, everyone is a good person even if their actions suggest otherwise. James is a person who would shop at my assigned posts. You better have yourself in a proper uniform. If you were not, he would dismiss you and ask you to retrieve it. He would stand your post until the correction had been made. JBM has regular training with experienced Police Officers from the greater suburban Madison area. I can honestly say I learned a great deal from these police officers. The first day I was hired Chief James Mankowski, he asked me what was my lifelong dream job would be. I told him, to work for Walt Disney World in Florida. In December 2013, I was offered and accepted a position in Florida. During my time I worked under many great Sergeants and a Lieutenant. I often have said JBM Patrol is not your typical security company. Trust me I have been in the business for a little over 30 years. If you want to belong to a family owned security company there is only one place in Madison, JBM Patrol & Protection

Cons

Snow, Tornados, More Snow and Cold Weather.

Advice to Management

This is a company that has a goal. Officers are the front line people and need to meet this goal every day. We make client contacts, provide actual security, and meet our client’s expectations. Keep up with what you are doing, continue to improve the company’s image and hold the officers who do not perform accountable. JBM is different, not your average contracted guard force.

Jan 27, 2015President

Enjoy the warm weather and thank you for your service.

Just a job

Current Employee - Security Officer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Madison, WI

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not skilled work
    Anyone can do The people I work with are kind good hearted people

Cons

No training, lack of benefits, wage is low but better than some firms. The scheduler doesn't schedule well. Very impatient and poor communicator

Officers corporal and above make 12-15 per hour, not a lot compared to responsibility of positions.

Have everything in writing or someone may railroad you

Family business environment

Commanders are aggressive communicators and sometimes impatient.

Advice to Management

Hire competent office staff, offer life insurance, shorter term for 401k eligibility, benefits in 1 month not 3 months . Make changes not just talking about them. Take better care of employees and their safety on assignments

Dec 10, 2014President

Thank you for your posting. We have a wide range of clients and we have found the best practice is to train individuals to meet the client's needs. Some positions require armed officers while ... More

JBM Patrol & Protection Photos