JBM Patrol & Protection
www.jbmpatrol.com Madison, WI 150 to 499 Employees

JBM Patrol & Protection Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014
JBM Patrol & Protection – Madison – “Training”

James B. Mankowski

Solid Employment

Madison, WI

ProsI never have to worry about getting full time hours. They offer great on line training and support growth within the organization. There is a good amount of practical training you can benefit from and take to other work sites.

ConsAs with any position in a security career, you have shift work to deal with. It's 24/7 in this business. Days, nights, weekends and holidays.

A good company to get your foot in the door.

Madison, WI

ProsSecurity experience, flexible schedules, training, benefits.

ConsVaries based on individual clients.

Mgt Policies Harm to Employees and Clients

Milwaukee, WI

ProsI no longer work there

ConsIf you don't get it in writing, they will not honor any of the promises they make to you regarding hours, schedule and pay. They over promise clientele, and over work subordinates so that it makes it impossible for patrol to visit every scheduled alarm within their scheduled time. This is a disservice to clients who are paying for proper protection as their paid for needs are not being met on a regular basis (and they are not even aware of this).

Advice to Senior ManagementOwner needs to establish healthy policies in order to properly serve his clientele. Many clients do become wise and figure out that they are not being properly protected, due to over-extended employees who are scheduled in too many places at once, and drop JBM due to failure to honor their contract.

Flag Review
    JBM Patrol & Protection President responded to this review Mar 17, 2014 EditDelete
    As much as we try to keep our employees satisfied we have several clients to serve as well. We are a service company and need to meet our client's needs and when we do, work scheduled get adjusted ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My Health Wouldn't Let Me Stay.....Loved this Job

Security Officer I (Former Employee)
    West Allis, WI

ProsProfessional Security Agency- have worked for others over the past 20 years and JBM Patrol & Protection is by far the best.
    Always treated with respect- I got the respect of fellow officers, supervisors and West Allis Police Dept. officers when I had contact with them.
    When I wanted time off- I got it.
    I worked for the company for 5 years and got a wage increase every year.
    The job site I had was wonderful.

ConsSome people within society do not see a security officer as a respected job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make the Milwaukee office as large as the Madison office. Continue to care about your officers. Continue with officer training and hopefully potential clients will see you as a super company. Thank you so much for the past 5 years and giving me the time off I needed these past few months because of my health.

Nice Company to work for

Madison, WI

ProsThe owner of the firm is very dedicated to making the company be the best it can be. When I worked for JBM I was respected by police officers I came into contact with. I received training: DAAT, First Aid/CPR, Firearms, Vehicle Contacts and Patrol Procedures.

ConsThe company bought a new records management (payroll, scheduling and time keeping system) and there were a lot of bugs to get worked out. During the summer the company is very busy and getting a weekend off can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to advance the industry, continue to hold the office staff accountable and work to develop long term relationships with new employees.

The Security Business is Interesting

Madison, WI

ProsWorked the hours I wanted. Everytime I asked for a day off I got it. Good co-workers.

ConsJBM's clients dont always appreciate what the officers do.

Advice to Senior ManagementCharge more for the service you offer.

Disappointing. Lack of professionalism

Security Officer I (Former Employee)
    Madison, WI

ProsExperience with Madison's best security company
    Meet lots of people
    Uniform allowance
    Health insurance options after 3 months

ConsNot a livable wage for a family (if your single the wage is okay)
    Inconsistent work days and hours
    Weekly errors on paychecks
    Terrible management
    Lack of training and quality supervisors

Advice to Senior ManagementExtreme lack of communication between the owner and office staff.
    Owner: get people in the office that can accomplish what you want your agency to represent!

Flag Review
    Thank you for your posting. We have made some supervisory changes for the betterment of the company. As much as we try to do the right thing, we acknowledge a good security officer might be a bad ... More

Summer Job

Madison, WI

ProsWorked the hours I wanted.
    Got to learn a little about customer service and private security.
    Worked with experienced security officers and retired police officers.

ConsSecurity jobs do not pay more than $ 11 to $ 12 an hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Current Security Patrolman

Madison, WI

ProsTraining, training and more training. For a security company they train their officers in the classroom before they work a post. Training I received; Use of Force, Patrol Procedures, Report Writing, Vehicle Contacts, and Firearms. I plan on becoming a police officer and was told this is the company to work for as the owner and several top officers are also police officers.

ConsThe company is always trying to please clients when they ask for service, this takes a toll on the schedule and changes. I have been told that we need to be ready when the clients need us. As much as we train I just wish we could get more, like police officers do.

Advice to Senior ManagementCharge clients more.

Patrol Officer

Patrol Officer (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsProfessional company.
    They offer benefits and vacation.
    Schedules are made at the request of employees needs.
    Management cares about the staff and clients.

ConsSecurity work is done on weekends and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look for qualified employees.

Worked for JBM Patrol & Protection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JBM Patrol & Protection reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JBM Patrol & Protection CEO James B. Mankowski. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by JBM Patrol & Protection employees.