JBM Patrol & Protection

I work at JBM Patrol & Protection in Nashville TN

Current Employee - Security Officer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for with set work schedules. Currently, I am assigned to car patrol duties and check approximately 25 buildings nightly on third shift (east patrol). I work alone and am able to set my schedule for the night as long as I make all of my stops. We are new to the area so our office is equipped with new cars, radios and computers.

Cons

We write a lot of reports. Writing reports is something that all patrol officers must do but the company owner is a cop and wants everything documented multiple times.

Develop an aggressive sales campaign and pursue more clients.

Team Environment

Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection

Pros

I work for JBM Patrol & Protection at a large distribution center in Milwaukee. I work with my supervisor and fellow employees on first shift. My sergeant and lieutenant are very caring fellows. Our client respects our team and the work is not difficult.

I've worked for other security forces, national and small ones, I like JBM the best, by far.

Cons

Rotating post assignments and shift work.

Encourage teamwork

Jan 27, 2015President

Thank you for your kind words. We try very hard to hire and retain good officers while meeting the on-going needs of our clients. Again, thank you and be good.

Sales Manager

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection

Pros

There is none to mention.

Cons

Worst place in the world to work!

None.

Jan 27, 2015President

This posting is concerning, JBM Patrol & Protection has never employed a Sales Manager.

I was employed for just a few months.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Established a great friendship with a few co-workers. Hourly pay was decent. Can recieve security permit by working for jbm.

Cons

There is alot of favortism. Alot of promises made by supervisors that where never accomplished. Never got to meet a Minority as supervisor, manager or corporal. Clients do not appreciate or respect the work officers to which it becomes very stressfull trying to please the client. JBM is not very considerate in their officers safety in bad weather as long as the job gets done how the client pleases. To clock in for duty is voice express and dispatch and overy other week officers need to do timesheets. No timesheets no check. payroll often mistake hours paid.

Have clients treat your employees with respect. The happier the officers are the better they will perform and the longer they will stay employed. Payroll employee's need better training. Officers often have issues with not being paid all their hours worked. officers clock in two different ways and turn in timesheets there is no reason for errors in that department. Also communication needs to be improved. Myself as an ex-employee use to be very upset often when i could never get in contact with my supervisor, not through email, cell phone or office line.

Dec 5, 2014President

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. I am not familiar with the promises made or not kept by the job site supervisor. I do not know which job site you were assigned, so, I am at a loss ... More

Position: Corporal / Lead LPO

Current Employee - Position: Corporal/Lead LPO in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Position: Corporal/Lead LPO in Madison, WI

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Currently I am Protective Services Agent with Walt Disney World in Florida. Prior to moving to Florida this past winter I worked for JBM Patrol-Madison. I was assigned to several high profile special events. I was required to pass a government background check administered by the U.S. Secret Service and Homeland Security. During one event, I worked with Special Agent Rick Valentine during Hillary Clinton visit to Madison. Others were Rev Jesse Jackson, Deli Lama and President Obama.

I was personally hired by Chief James Mankowski when the security company I previously worked for went out of business overnight as the owner was arrested. I needed a job and was assigned to a private retail franchise store for 7 years in 4 across southern Wisconsin. In the time of need, I could count on JBM. James has an open door for all his employees and you were always welcome to talk to him in person or over phone. No matter how busy he was, I could walk in and got 5 to 10 minutes of his time. James has a soft spot, not many know about, (if you screw up you will know it, he gets the attention of the violator by stack personnel jackets with write up). His down fall is trusting employees (supervisors) who take advantage of the company. James is dedicated to his family. With two boys growing up and needing their father for the activities in the everyday life, his boys and his company equal the man. If asked he will tell you, everyone is a good person even if their actions suggest otherwise. James is a person who would shop at my assigned posts. You better have yourself in a proper uniform. If you were not, he would dismiss you and ask you to retrieve it. He would stand your post until the correction had been made. JBM has regular training with experienced Police Officers from the greater suburban Madison area. I can honestly say I learned a great deal from these police officers. The first day I was hired Chief James Mankowski, he asked me what was my lifelong dream job would be. I told him, to work for Walt Disney World in Florida. In December 2013, I was offered and accepted a position in Florida. During my time I worked under many great Sergeants and a Lieutenant. I often have said JBM Patrol is not your typical security company. Trust me I have been in the business for a little over 30 years. If you want to belong to a family owned security company there is only one place in Madison, JBM Patrol & Protection

Cons

Snow, Tornados, More Snow and Cold Weather.

This is a company that has a goal. Officers are the front line people and need to meet this goal every day. We make client contacts, provide actual security, and meet our client’s expectations. Keep up with what you are doing, continue to improve the company’s image and hold the officers who do not perform accountable. JBM is different, not your average contracted guard force.

Jan 27, 2015President

Enjoy the warm weather and thank you for your service.

Just a job

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not skilled work
    Anyone can do The people I work with are kind good hearted people

Cons

No training, lack of benefits, wage is low but better than some firms. The scheduler doesn't schedule well. Very impatient and poor communicator

Officers corporal and above make 12-15 per hour, not a lot compared to responsibility of positions.

Have everything in writing or someone may railroad you

Family business environment

Commanders are aggressive communicators and sometimes impatient.

Hire competent office staff, offer life insurance, shorter term for 401k eligibility, benefits in 1 month not 3 months . Make changes not just talking about them. Take better care of employees and their safety on assignments

Dec 10, 2014President

Thank you for your posting. We have a wide range of clients and we have found the best practice is to train individuals to meet the client's needs. Some positions require armed officers while ... More

A good company to get your foot in the door.

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Security experience, flexible schedules, training, benefits.

Cons

Varies based on individual clients.

Mgt Policies Harm to Employees and Clients

Former Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I no longer work there

Cons

If you don't get it in writing, they will not honor any of the promises they make to you regarding hours, schedule and pay. They over promise clientele, and over work subordinates so that it makes it impossible for patrol to visit every scheduled alarm within their scheduled time. This is a disservice to clients who are paying for proper protection as their paid for needs are not being met on a regular basis (and they are not even aware of this).

Owner needs to establish healthy policies in order to properly serve his clientele. Many clients do become wise and figure out that they are not being properly protected, due to over-extended employees who are scheduled in too many places at once, and drop JBM due to failure to honor their contract.

Mar 17, 2014President

As much as we try to keep our employees satisfied we have several clients to serve as well. We are a service company and need to meet our client's needs and when we do, work scheduled get adjusted ... More

My Health Wouldn't Let Me Stay.....Loved this Job

Former Employee - Security Officer I in West Allis, WI
    Former Employee - Security Officer I in West Allis, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professional Security Agency- have worked for others over the past 20 years and JBM Patrol & Protection is by far the best.
    Always treated with respect- I got the respect of fellow officers, supervisors and West Allis Police Dept. officers when I had contact with them.
    When I wanted time off- I got it.
    I worked for the company for 5 years and got a wage increase every year.
    The job site I had was wonderful.

Cons

Some people within society do not see a security officer as a respected job.

Try to make the Milwaukee office as large as the Madison office. Continue to care about your officers. Continue with officer training and hopefully potential clients will see you as a super company. Thank you so much for the past 5 years and giving me the time off I needed these past few months because of my health.

The Security Business is Interesting

Former Employee - Security Officer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Madison, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked the hours I wanted. Everytime I asked for a day off I got it. Good co-workers.

Cons

JBM's clients dont always appreciate what the officers do.

Charge more for the service you offer.

JBM Patrol & Protection Photos