JBM Patrol & Protection Reviews

James B. Mankowski

Poor Reviews

Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chief Mankowski is the Man.

Cons

I've read the reviews on here. I must say a lot of them are cowardly, defacing a company because you were unhappy or disgruntled that was your issue. This company has high standards and the fact that the people who wrote these reviews , could not maintain the bare minimal standards. Not nice to cast judgment on a high quality individual like the Chief or his Staff in Madison .

Advice to Management

Chief keep up the good work .

2. Officer

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a god place to start. The owner is cordial and only expects the best from his employees. Management is subpar at best

Cons

Officers quickly loose faith in certain parts of the management team. It's hard to attempt to make change or suggestions. Milwaukee has a hard time with officer management and time management. Needs improvement.

Advice to Management

It's a good start in the security industry. Need more managers for milwaukee and not just supervisors. Needs to retool policies when it comes to who gets hired. Need to actually visit the employees and clients and not just give "good jobs" over the phone.

3. Stable Job

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for JBM since February 2015. My previous employer, Wisconsin Special Security Police / Wisconsin Security Police was purchased by the company. Everyone of us stayed after the sale. JBM brought on a talented trainer, new uniforms, new equipment and updated cars in additional to 8% pay increases. Benefits: vacation, sick time, uniform allowance, health insurance, 401k and flex time. My old company had nothing to offer.

Cons

The company is slow to hire recruits. Each officer must be familiar with computers as our payroll, reporting system, SOP and schedules is all done on tablets or PCs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Hire people faster and give them a chance to either perform or be replaced.

Management issues in Milwaukee

Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection (Less than a year)

Pros

Those wanting to receive law enforcement type training. Flexible hours

Cons

The management style in Milwaukee is horrible, dishonest and hostile towards employees. We are told to not report anything to the Madison office. If we do we get yelled at. Employees who don't have cars get special rides from the patrol officers to and from work sites. The rest of us gotta spend our own gas money getting to sites. I have been with the company about 7 months; the last couple of months have really gotten bad. Employees are quitting without notice and I'll be doing the same soon. Most employees are looking to quit.

Advice to Management

Madison needs to step in and take some responsibility for Milwaukee and fix the ongoing management issues.

Jun 30, 2015 – President

Thank you. We do our best to meet the needs of our clients and officers. I want satisfied clients and employees. I recognize there is always room for improvement and welcome your feedback. Please ... More

6. Experience has been great so far with JBM Patrol & Protection

Current Employee - PROTECTIVE AGENT in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - PROTECTIVE AGENT in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is not hard to do. The Company will pay for the Minnesota 12 hours of pre-assignment training. The patrol supervisors will show you what is expected of each post and make sure you are successful at what you do. The office works hard to make certain the officers in the field have what they need and get the days off asked for. The Company has a variety of sites so we can get special assignments to break up the weekly routine.

Cons

My regular assignment the client expects the security force to do a lot of clerical work. There are days when I sit in the office for hours and am unable to make a foot or car patrol of the campus. Often I feel like a uniformed secretary.

Advice to Management

When a client is being unreasonable tell them so.

7. Work a lot of weekends but thats the name of the game.

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time

Pros

Well I worked with one guy who did transport that took the time to check on me and my site when he had down time and was always willing to help and answer questions I could call him anytime. Unfortunately he was the only one who went above and beyond his job duties and he wasn't even a supervisor. I think he quit and is now with the city but If he still worked there I probably wouldn't of quit, they need people in the Milwaukee location like that guy!

Cons

A lot of weekend hours, supervisors seem too busy, most the employees I came across were not that motivated, communication issues.

Advice to Management

I guess if it were me I would only hire people who just want to work in security or law enforcement as some employees only seem to be there for a check.

I work at JBM Patrol & Protection in Nashville TN

Current Employee - Security Officer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for with set work schedules. Currently, I am assigned to car patrol duties and check approximately 25 buildings nightly on third shift (east patrol). I work alone and am able to set my schedule for the night as long as I make all of my stops. We are new to the area so our office is equipped with new cars, radios and computers.

Cons

We write a lot of reports. Writing reports is something that all patrol officers must do but the company owner is a cop and wants everything documented multiple times.

Advice to Management

Develop an aggressive sales campaign and pursue more clients.

9. Don't work here they take money from your check you worked hard for. Pick a well respected security company that cares.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Company is a joke.

Cons

High turnover rate, company hires the trash of Milwaukee, very little training If any and they will lie when they say they will arm you trust me they won't. Managers get stressed out real fast as there is few quality employees and most don't want to show up to work as they will schedule you the worst shifts and all your weekends. I worked here last year they owe me money for hours worked still!

Advice to Management

Filed a wage claim against your company ;) Maybe you should pay the money people worked hard for. Also your managers in the Milwaukee office do not need to carry weapons, they are paper pushers and don't guard sites or check sites. Maybe arm the guards that you throw in dangerous parts of the city.

Mar 12, 2015 – President

Thank you for allowing me to take this time to respond to your posting. Our Milwaukee operation does not have a high turnover rate, we do hire several limited term employees for short term ... More

10. Team Environment

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection

Pros

I work for JBM Patrol & Protection at a large distribution center in Milwaukee. I work with my supervisor and fellow employees on first shift. My sergeant and lieutenant are very caring fellows. Our client respects our team and the work is not difficult. I've worked for other security forces, national and small ones, I like JBM the best, by far.

Cons

Rotating post assignments and shift work.

Advice to Management

Encourage teamwork

Jan 27, 2015 – President

Thank you for your kind words. We try very hard to hire and retain good officers while meeting the on-going needs of our clients. Again, thank you and be good.

11. Great way to start career

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time

Pros

When a mistake is done on their end they do all they can to get it fixed right away.

Cons

Supervisors don't visit post often. Lack of communication with officers and management.

Advice to Management

Treat Milwaukee employees the same way Madison or other city employees are treated. When working here I was told threaten with my job because I was sick. I passed out at work and no paper work was ever filled out. I was forced to work the day after I was in a accident. I was cheated out of money which needs to be paid to me. When you have officers who work hard for you and you treat them like nothing it makes it hard for them to trust you. Also getting supervisors who make contact with their officers often would improve a lot. Overall I was not happy with my employment here at JBM due to how I was treated when a contract was lost and I was out of work for a month. And when I was trying to get a understanding why I was not getting hours the scheduler would not return calls or emails. In the Milwaukee area JBM could use a lot of refining.

Feb 10, 2015 – President

Thank you for you posting. Recently, we hired a District Manager for the Milwaukee area and I have shared your concerns with him. We take pride in being a responsible employer and hold ourselves to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed